TMSStoneaxe

Future Jason Picks

123 posts in this topic

Yeah,i have to agree with the whole map packs will divide the playerbase.

I know because the Call of Duty franchise use that sort of thing.

Most COD games have 4 map packs,they each cost like 15$ and depending on wich packs you downloaded you will get to play only with the peoples who have the same packs as you.

Exemple,if i buy all 4 packs i get to play only with those who also have all 4 packs,i cant play with those who have some or none of the packs unless they are on my friend list,so if someone who has no friends playing COD and that the playerbase for those that have no dlc packs is higher than those who do have the packs,then i'll have to delete the game datas and re-install it and not download the packs,if i want to play with those who dont have the packs.

So yeah,it's gonna be a mess.

I still want Pamela Voorhees added, it does not feel like a Friday the 13th game without her added in as the original killer. Have a special 1979 mode added in so you can play as her hunting the counselors in a stealthy way across the CCL Part 1 map. Add objectives like vehicle sabotage, cut phone lines, cut the power by cutting off generator, ect.

Bengals8807 likes this

I still want Pamela Voorhees added, it does not feel like a Friday the 13th game without her added in as the original killer. Have a special 1979 mode added in so you can play as her hunting the counselors in a stealthy way across the CCL Part 1 map. Add objectives like vehicle sabotage, cut phone lines, cut the power by cutting off generator, ect.

Good idea, maybe she doesn't work out for multiplayer but having some single player missions would be cool.

Think they will have Jason X and Uber Jason, and Part 4 Jason.

Don't think they should touch part 5 unless they do him right.

I'd also love to see a couple Manhattan maps, maybe a couple different locations.

For sure one has to be an empty abandoned city section, maybe a sewer.

What do you mean by do him right? What is your concern? 

The only thing I think would be weird for Roy would be if Pamela was still talking to him.

I disagree Ralph, Roy does not need any new mechanics, every ability Jason does in this game makes sense for him to use as well.

Jason teleporting was never a canon ability, That just because the scenes were filmed poorly. even in game the teleport is treated like a VHS tape getting messed up. And I fail to see why Roy can't do the same kills as Jason, Roy was strong enough to bust through a door just like him and the whole point is that Roy is copying Jason so people will think he is Jason.

Poetic_Injustice likes this

No packs please.

I do not want a SINGLE map to be payable.  Jason models and cosmetics I'm all for, hell, even WEAPONS I'm willing to pay for.  Not maps.

It would basically be "I'm going to have you pay to NOT play with your friends."

No map packs.  They divide the playerbase far more.  Single payments for things that don't divide the playerbase is fine.  I don't see how that would ever divide the playerbase unless you are dead-set on making people pay for maps.  If you don't have pay for maps, you're golden, don't even have to worry about it.

But paying for maps would murder this game.  Especially considering there are only three, and "competition" like Dead By Daylight hand those out for free, albeit simple and small ones.

Last Year isn't going to be far behind F13th.  I wish both games luck but no doubt there will be competition for those who did not break for F13th.

Skins, Jasons, and Jason weapons will do well.  Making others pay for maps will kill it.  Introducing them only in packs will assure this game's destruction.

Fair points. Call me cynical, but I didn't think any games companies put out anything for free these days. I didn't know about DBD, and assumed 90% of all DLC has to be paid for. I'm admittedly still pretty new to the intricacies of last gen and new gen gaming concepts.  

I can see your point @jasonvs, but think about some of these... Can roy punch through people? Knock heads off barehanded in one blow? Etc etc... Hes a freekin paramedic. Me thinks not. Sure in the game realm...but really really...nah.

DialM likes this

Ok but those are kills we have to be equip to Jason right? What if we don't let Roy equip the suspension of disbelief breaking super strength kills, would that be a fair compromise?

What do you mean by do him right? What is your concern?

The only thing I think would be weird for Roy would be if Pamela was still talking to him.

Don't think Roy should be a mega super mutant retard is all.

DialM likes this

Don't think Roy should be a mega super mutant retard is all.

Well he wouldn't be a mutant or a retard regardless. But seriously can you be more specific, your concern is still vague, your not giving me much to work with in this discussion. otherwise I'm going to assume your problem is the same a Ralph's

yeah i agree jasonvswindows roy was almost just as strong as part 1-4 jason like how he could throw a body through a window or hold someones neck with one hand, that kind of thing, so as long as he doesn't hit someones head off or rip someones jaw off he'll be good.

JasonVsWindows likes this

The question becomes...then if hes no different..just basically a reskin, is there really a just cause to have him in the game anyway then? What would set him apart?

The same things that sets the other Jason's apart right now, different stats, maybe letting him run, and if the weapons are exclusive then give him his own as well (like the meat cleaver or something).

Roy is a Jason copycat so yes he would be reskin (just like the others) that's he why works for the game better then Pamela.

No packs please.

I do not want a SINGLE map to be payable.  Jason models and cosmetics I'm all for, hell, even WEAPONS I'm willing to pay for.  Not maps.

It would basically be "I'm going to have you pay to NOT play with your friends."

No map packs.  They divide the playerbase far more.  Single payments for things that don't divide the playerbase is fine.  I don't see how that would ever divide the playerbase unless you are dead-set on making people pay for maps.  If you don't have pay for maps, you're golden, don't even have to worry about it.

But paying for maps would murder this game.  Especially considering there are only three, and "competition" like Dead By Daylight hand those out for free, albeit simple and small ones.

Last Year isn't going to be far behind F13th.  I wish both games luck but no doubt there will be competition for those who did not break for F13th.

Skins, Jasons, and Jason weapons will do well.  Making others pay for maps will kill it.  Introducing them only in packs will assure this game's destruction.

You realize that it costs money to create new maps, right? Games that launch new maps as dlc you have to pay for. No company ever, in their right mind would lose money to give you free maps simply because you don't want to pay for them.

To release dlc it has to be profitable and sensible for them to do so. You're trying to say dlc maps will kill the game simply because you want it free. CoD has dlc map packs and they do just fine.

If you don't want to pay for extra maps, you don't have to, just don't get them. But asking the devs to take a hit so that you can avoid paying for anything is just ridiculous.

That's like expecting you cable company to upgrade you to their new highest speed for free just because it wasn't an available speed before ... it's never going to happen. Oh wait ... Burger King launches a new sandwich a week after you were there. "Let me get it free, I didn't see it here last week, shouldn't have to pay for something new when I paid to eat here last week." Dude, you crack me up.

DLC = cost. That's just how it works.

The Razor's Edge likes this

You realize that it costs money to create new maps, right? Games that launch new maps as dlc you have to pay for. No company ever, in their right mind would lose money to give you free maps simply because you don't want to pay for them.

To release dlc it has to be profitable and sensible for them to do so. You're trying to say dlc maps will kill the game simply because you want it free. CoD has dlc map packs and they do just fine.

If you don't want to pay for extra maps, you don't have to, just don't get them. But asking the devs to take a hit so that you can avoid paying for anything is just ridiculous.

That's like expecting you cable company to upgrade you to their new highest speed for free just because it wasn't an available speed before ... it's never going to happen. Oh wait ... Burger King launches a new sandwich a week after you were there. "Let me get it free, I didn't see it here last week, shouldn't have to pay for something new when I paid to eat here last week." Dude, you crack me up.

DLC = cost. That's just how it works.

Of course,but the thing is that it's not the money the problem,it's that the playerbase will be divided depending on this player having this map or that player having that map.

% of peoples having no dlc maps  VS  % of peoples having a few dlc maps  VS  % of peoples having all dlc maps

I play COD myself from time to time and i already know how much the playerbase for that franchise is divided,by wich COD games and wich DLC.

And from what i've seen,it seem that there's more peoples playing without the Dlc than peoples playing with all of the Dlc.

For exemple,i go on Black Ops 1 with all DLC downloaded and there are specific times of the day where it take awhile for me to be in a session or start a session of Hardcore,heck even certain game modes are barely played nowadays like Capture the Flag wich only a few peoples seem to play late at night,so it took me awhile to get those 15 capture the flag and return it to my team flag so i could unlock the pro version of the marathon perk.

Heck someone even helped me to fasten the process,by taking the flag,bringing it back to our flag,then killing himself with a grenade so i could take it.

I wouldnt be surprised if by deleting my Dlc download and playing without them,i would see a lot more peoples.

Also the cable company and burger king speech is not really a good exemple,just saying...

There's not much that can be done about that though, man.

Outside of not releasing ANY dlc. I mean, dlc is going to have a cost, some people will buy it, some won't. There's just not a way around that.

But we can't expect that new content be supplied to us after release for free. If triple A games are charging for content and they have huge budgets, how do you think it's gonna work for an indy game?

There's not just some endless supply of cash to produce these things so there's going to be cost, and there should be.

As far as dividing the community ... there's many things that will do that before any dlc is even thought of.

We're divided by platforms XB1,PS4,PC.  We're divided by fans, casual gamers. We're divided by timezones as a thread on here already made mention of when trying to establish a UK group for playing together.

Yet we understand that no game is going to be cross platform because the companies involved are in direct competition with each other. We don't wanna play with reddit users and people who will spend the whole game complaining, and we understand that timezones are just going to determine who you get to play with, and when.

So why then would dlc be any different? Some people can/will pay for it, some people cannot/won't pay for it. It's no different than any other division. We'll all have our groups no matter what, and tbh any groups that you do form you should have those players on your friends list so that even if they don't get new dlc and you do, you guys can still play together on what they do have.

The Razor's Edge likes this

I would hope the results from the official poll are used, meaning Uber Jason and Part IV come first. Then, go from there.

Also, if Roy from Part V is added - I don't think Pamela Voorhees' voice should be overheard when you're playing as him.

Pam dlc and more councolers like - stoner, bitchy girl, boy next door, biker, female head councillor etc etc

That is what I wanna see

guys you can't make map dlc unless your game has a huge playerbase like cod cod is one of the only games that survived division of playerbase through map dlc

I also want pamela and roy pamela being the harder of the 2 to add so she would probably be much later down the line

The Phanthom Nico likes this

TMSStoneaxe a double post? I do not like to but I am going to start handing out warnings to those who refuse to follow the rules. I don't mind helping people out here and there but this is a daily occurrence with some of you who are long time forum users. Please use caution when posting and use the edit button.

I have merged your post.