TMSStoneaxe

Future Jason Picks

107 posts in this topic

So i just finished watching the pax panel and you guys said that you were thinking about future jason dlc (BTW pls never make map dlc) but how will you guys (or how do you think they will) decide which ones are next to be added to game do you think theyll just go down the list of the places of the last poll or will they start a new poll and go off of that

who do you guys think will be/want to be added next and how do you think they will go about it

Hopefully the devs can awnser these questions no that we know they're planning dlc

I don't really know, most of the remaining Jasons they don't have the rights for. I know they could still do part 4 Jason but i don't know if it will feel like a part 3 reskin.  As for the poll I would like them to do another one because I wasn't in the first one.

Part 4 Jason is way different that Part 3 Jason, as all Jasons are unique. And the only films they can't use are Freddy vs. Jason and the reboot.

Personally, I don't care which Jason is added next, but I do want to see all of them added eventually. And for the record, they will almost certainly make map DLC if they obtain the funds, since maps were on the stretch goal chart, and they plan to support the game for as long as they can with more content.

ThatGreenGuy, Mark K and TWarner like this

Part 4 Jason is way different that Part 3 Jason, as all Jasons are unique. And the only films they can't use are Freddy vs. Jason and the reboot.

Personally, I don't care which Jason is added next, but I do want to see all of them added eventually. And for the record, they will almost certainly make map DLC if they obtain the funds, since maps were on the stretch goal chart, and they plan to support the game for as long as they can with more content.

My bad, I know Jason from part 4 is a whole lot different than part 3 but I just don't know what they would use for his weapons.

I originally thought if they added him they would give the the double edged axe but they gave that to part 9 jason.

Maybe they could give him the harpoon gun or maybe even the hacksaw. 

First of all part 4 is decently different from part 3 with dirtier outfit more dead looking skin axe mark thinner (like a lot thinner) and other subtle details

Second there is more than just part 4 there's roy from part 5 jason from part 10 uber jason and of course they might and definatley should reconsider the younger jason idea and they could do a jason that sorta takes place in between freddy vs jason and x to sorta be a nice replacement for freddy vs jason who himself is a generic jason that comes to the mind usually when you think of jason due it's decently good design that had a great outfit but his head was ok 

they really shouldn't do maps as dlc they need to just add them to the game for free map dlc just splits and breaks the games community

Juez likes this

I hope they don't just go off the old polls runner up results because i speaking as someone who voted for one of the winners would like to recast my new vote for someone who wasn't in 4th place 

DialM likes this

Juuuust going to put it out there and say I wouldn't mind seeing Mortal Kombat X's Alternate Jason Vorhees costume, a fairly simple yet pretty nice design. A nice leather jacket, with the typical hockey mask as well as gloves, black weathered jeans and black hiking boots, his main weapon would be a machete and they could probably make an execution his X-ray move.

df9acebb6f4a2f1506a58f9b4731281f.png

Hal Bailman likes this

Juuuust going to put it out there and say I wouldn't mind seeing Mortal Kombat X's Alternate Jason Vorhees costume, a fairly simple yet pretty nice design. A nice leather jacket, with the typical hockey mask as well as gloves, black weathered jeans and black hiking boots, his main weapon would be a machete and they could probably make an execution his X-ray move.

df9acebb6f4a2f1506a58f9b4731281f.png

I'm not a fan of Mortal Kombat designs, they look like what someone would design if they only had the slightest idea of who Jason is.

On the positive side, Leatherface looks perfect in Mortal Kombat.

DialM and Juez like this

i'd like to see another original design, to make it more fresh and have more unique takes with jason (Plus they said they were going to make 2 jasons like it says on the website, but they didn't have enough time and money) And then i'd like to see part 5 jason (Because he had a pretty cool mask and suit and he was pretty badass), than uber jason (he was really badass and i would have a real fun time playing as him) than jason x (Lots of people hated the design pre uber jason but he actually looked pretty badass in my opinion) than part 4 jason (i know they have lots of differences but i'd like a whole new jason who doesn't have much similaries.)

I am still hoping later on they can get the rights to reboot jason, i loved the bag head on that jason and he was one of my favorite jason costumes ever, especially when he gets the hockey mask.

Didn't we have a thread about this with a poll?

i'd like to see another original design, to make it more fresh and have more unique takes with jason (Plus they said they were going to make 2 jasons like it says on the website, but they didn't have enough time and money) And then i'd like to see part 5 jason (Because he had a pretty cool mask and suit and he was pretty badass), than uber jason (he was really badass and i would have a real fun time playing as him) than jason x (Lots of people hated the design pre uber jason but he actually looked pretty badass in my opinion) than part 4 jason (i know they have lots of differences but i'd like a whole new jason who doesn't have much similaries.)

I am still hoping later on they can get the rights to reboot jason, i loved the bag head on that jason and he was one of my favorite jason costumes ever, especially when he gets the hockey mask.

After the Savini Jason, I'm a little of any original Jason creations for this game.

As well, I'd rather see the remaining Jasons before they even consider another original design. They said it costs $20k per Jason.

Poetic_Injustice likes this

After the Savini Jason, I'm a little of any original Jason creations for this game.

As well, I'd rather see the remaining Jasons before they even consider another original design. They said it costs $20k per Jason.

no this is talking about ones to come after release and how they will go about choosing who will come after release that poll is mentioned but it's not the main topic of the post

yeah that's true, i'm not that happy about tom's jason either, it looks way beyond ridiculous to me.

yeah that's true, i'm not that happy about tom's jason either, it looks way beyond ridiculous to me.

you quoted your own post in your reply to my post instead of my post

But I'm gonna be honest I like the tom savini Jason it looks how I think Jason would have while in hell and while yes that means I am entirely open to more original Jason's being added I agree I want all of them from all the movies added before another original one is added

The one I would like to see the most would be a NES colored Jason, as Kalopsia said toys of this already exist so the rights are hopefully easy to get. After that I would like to see Roy and Uber Jason. Part 4's design is so similar to Part 3 I'd rather have the more unique looking ones first.

And I know it's not likely but I still want to say I'm a fan of Jason's look in the Nightmare Warriors comcis

Dogmatic likes this

I hope they add more Jason's as DLC but its probably gonna come down to how well the game sells. I wouldn't be against them doing another poll to decide, the 2 I really would like in are Part 4 and Jason X.

There are plans to support the game post launch in terms of DLC however it is not something being discussed at the moment as the focus right now is the games release. That is a discussion a little way down the road.

There are plans to support the game post launch in terms of DLC however it is not something being discussed at the moment as the focus right now is the games release. That is a discussion a little way down the road.

My only hope is that the DLC will be fairly priced. It would be a shame to divide the community into "who has what".

I think the best way would be to launch a series of "packs". TFC pack with TFC Jason and the lake resort from TFC (or the hospital to mix it up a bit, not to mention a scary location), JTM pack with Lazarus and Manhattan maps, Part V pack with Roy and the Institute, Farm and end barn, JGTH pack with Police Station, Diner, small tent camp area, main street and Voorhees house etc. It'll be a license to print money for the developers if done that way. I would certainly buy all of them, as I know others would. It's when developers start releasing stand alone skins, maps, weapons etc is when communities seem to get divided - thus ending the game's lifespan earlier.

I think the DLC will be a lot of fun for the dev's to work on. They'll know what really works, they'll know their game is already a huge success, they'll know what we want in DLC - I think the DLC could be really special. 

Think they will have Jason X and Uber Jason, and Part 4 Jason.

Don't think they should touch part 5 unless they do him right.

I'd also love to see a couple Manhattan maps, maybe a couple different locations.

For sure one has to be an empty abandoned city section, maybe a sewer.

Think they will have Jason X and Uber Jason, and Part 4 Jason.

Don't think they should touch part 5 unless they do him right.

I'd also love to see a couple Manhattan maps, maybe a couple different locations.

For sure one has to be an empty abandoned city section, maybe a sewer.

Not too bothered about Roy myself...but would like the locale from the movies if they're going to churn these out, as I hope they will. I want as many locations as possible - as when the developers eventually move on to another project, this is all we may get for the next I don't know how many years.

Yep, think an abandoned city section (let's face it, the back alleyway part of Manhattan in the film was abandoned apart from two gang bangers and a cop) with sewer would be perfect. Think they can incorporate most of whats already there in the game into that map i.e. toilet drown becomes garbage can full of waste drown etc Maybe the cop from Part VIII is already brutally murdered and you have to find the parts for the Cop Car to escape. Maybe the burning cop car (from the movie) has already crashed when you start the map and is blocking the only alley route out of the city section. Thus, making the escape restriction plausible. Likewise, boat escape from the port along the Hudson River, instead of lake escape. Maybe the radio finds "Julius" who you were separated from before the map starts. He joins you at your location, and has superior stats (he did lay into Jason for a good minute and did want to take the fight to him). Has memorable clothing, so would stand out in the map as a memorable character to play as, and survive with. They can use a lot of what they already have.

Personally not bothered about Jason in Space. The movie is universally loathed by most, and I've played Dead Space, Alien Isolation and so many other survival horror space games a thousand times - it would all feel too "old hat" for me. Although if it's "that or nothing"...yeah I'd still buy it. :) I'm a completest. :)

My only hope is that the DLC will be fairly priced. It would be a shame to divide the community into "who has what".

I think the best way would be to launch a series of "packs". TFC pack with TFC Jason and the lake resort from TFC (or the hospital to mix it up a bit, not to mention a scary location), JTM pack with Lazarus and Manhattan maps, Part V pack with Roy and the Institute, Farm and end barn, JGTH pack with Police Station, Diner, small tent camp area, main street and Voorhees house etc. It'll be a license to print money for the developers if done that way. I would certainly buy all of them, as I know others would. It's when developers start releasing stand alone skins, maps, weapons etc is when communities seem to get divided - thus ending the game's lifespan earlier.

I think the DLC will be a lot of fun for the dev's to work on. They'll know what really works, they'll know their game is already a huge success, they'll know what we want in DLC - I think the DLC could be really special. 

No packs please.

I do not want a SINGLE map to be payable.  Jason models and cosmetics I'm all for, hell, even WEAPONS I'm willing to pay for.  Not maps.

It would basically be "I'm going to have you pay to NOT play with your friends."

No map packs.  They divide the playerbase far more.  Single payments for things that don't divide the playerbase is fine.  I don't see how that would ever divide the playerbase unless you are dead-set on making people pay for maps.  If you don't have pay for maps, you're golden, don't even have to worry about it.

But paying for maps would murder this game.  Especially considering there are only three, and "competition" like Dead By Daylight hand those out for free, albeit simple and small ones.

Last Year isn't going to be far behind F13th.  I wish both games luck but no doubt there will be competition for those who did not break for F13th.

Skins, Jasons, and Jason weapons will do well.  Making others pay for maps will kill it.  Introducing them only in packs will assure this game's destruction.