4 replies to this topic

dmack621

dmack621

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNJ

So I recently read an article on NJ.com (because yes, I am from NJ) and it made me think of a question to ask regarding the game.

Firstly here is the snippet from the article which is titled "The most famous person from each of New Jersey's 21 counties"

Warren County: Jason Voorhees

Being the third smallest county in the state and after losing musician Lou Reed in 2013, Warren County doesn't have much celebrity representation. But let us not forget the legend of serial killer Jason Voorhees emerged from a certain lake at Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco in Hardwick Township in the horror series "Friday the 13th."

Now of course in the movies they claim the fictional "Wessex" county which is likely a combination of Warren (the county where Friday was filmed) and Essex, or Sussex which are both pretty close to Warren county.

Anyhow, let me get back on my point.

Is it possible to use NJ license plates on the cars/boats in the game? (I didn't really pay attention to the car license area in the beta so forgive me if this is already the case)

I don't know if there would be any legal issues with making a NJ looking plate for the cars or whatnot, or if it is a major hassle development wise. I just thought of it because, well the most famous horror killer of all time is from New Jersey so yeah haha.

Posted Image

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I'm not as folklore savvy as I used to be back in the golden era of F-13...but I'm pretty sure the consensus is...Crystal Lake is situated in either New Jersey or Connecticut. I'm not sure where the Connecticut link comes from. But yeah license plates would be a nice touch of authenticity! Why not?

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

dmack621

dmack621

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNJ

I'm not as folklore savvy as I used to be back in the golden era of F-13...but I'm pretty sure the consensus is...Crystal Lake is situated in either New Jersey or Connecticut. I'm not sure where the Connecticut link comes from. But yeah license plates would be a nice touch of authenticity! Why not?

It's NJ, no idea where Connecticut comes from. But yeah, in the 2009 reboot, they had NJ plates because ... well, it takes place in Jersey lol

Posted Image

Poetic_Injustice

Poetic_Injustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCanada, EH?

if it keeps it movie accurate they should go for it!

finitethrills

finitethrills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
The Connecticut connection is because Packanack Lodge was in CT. It was in part 2 and filmed in the area around Kent, CT. I believe the lake was Waramaug. I was born about 30 minutes north of there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users