Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chili&Chuck

Friday the 13th - Fanon Reboot

6 posts in this topic

So after the disappointing news that the new FT13 remake/reboot will not be happening, I've decided to take matters into my own hands (I wish) and create my own Friday the 13th reboot. As a fan of the franchise, I'd like to think I'd be able to the franchise justice, taking the story back to the summer camp and back to the 70s/80s timeframe, and redoing the story from the start.

35ko9xi.jpg

One draw back has been the inclusion of Pamela Voorhees. We all know and love her as the original killer but when approaching a reboot for this franchise, it would be a crime to do the film without having Jason be the main antagonist, so I've decided to include both characters in the film but it does weaken Pamela down to a secondary antagonist who doesn't become a killer but a part of the Crystal Lake community, almost becoming a Crazy Ralph type character. The film has a smaller cast of counsellors like the original to be able to fill in time for more development and tense moments. As much as I love the kills, having one every 5 minutes isn't really a successful film to me. Anyway here's my cast:

Maika Monroe as Kim
Joe Cole as Reece
Jordan Christian Hearn as Pat
Kirby Bliss Blanton as Carol
Anthony Morgan as Earl
Kacey Rohl as Minnie
Logan Huffman as Teddy
Elias Koteas as Sheriff Mason
Macon Blair as Officer Eddy
Michael Bailey Smith as Jason Voorhees
Judy Davis as Pamela Voorhees

I'll be posting more about this in the future, I hope people will be interested in what I have to offer. The plan is to create my story and then write a script for you all to read, but it doesn't all end with me, I'd love to hear people's thoughts on maybe character ideas, death ideas and even maybe ways to incorporate moments from the original films into this reboot. Thank you.

As I noted in this thread this is how I'd do it. 

Jason is already an older teen. We would pick up with Camp Crystal Lake’s owner talking Mrs. Voorhees into working at the camp with him noting Jason could make friends and act like a normal kid for once. Jason would show up a few times but the camera would never have him in frame. Shots from behind, out of focus, far off shots and the like obscure his face. At some point one of the counselors would comment on his ugly appearance and another (our jock sort) would forcibly strap a hockey mask on Jason, who would go along with it because he is trying to fit in. Only now can Jason be seen clearly on film.

Soon Jason is talked into taking a canoe ride and here is where things begin to go south. In an subverted homage to the original film a counselor jumps up out of the water, yanking on Jason and tipping him into the water. However as we all know, Jason can’t swim. As a matter of fact he sinks like a stone.

The rest of the film would pick up some time after, in the winter, with the teens all dying horribly to an unseen killer. This would play with fan perceptions because they may think it’s Mrs. Voorhees, but also maybe Jason. I mean, we can’t have an F13 film without Jason, right? Also fans have wanted snow for how long now?

Our final girl would hopefully be the one you didn’t expect. I’m leaning with the goth chick myself. And we would end with the Mrs. Voorhees vs counselor battle on the frozen lake at the campsite. As expected Pam gets decapitated.

The final scene is the girl standing over Pam’s dead body on the lake. then, we get the true homage to the original film. Jason bursts up through the ice, hockey mask and all to drag our final girl under the water with him.

Fade to black. Cue sharp Manfredini score. 

Chili&Chuck likes this

As I noted in this thread this is how I'd do it. 

Jason is already an older teen. We would pick up with Camp Crystal Lake’s owner talking Mrs. Voorhees into working at the camp with him noting Jason could make friends and act like a normal kid for once. Jason would show up a few times but the camera would never have him in frame. Shots from behind, out of focus, far off shots and the like obscure his face. At some point one of the counselors would comment on his ugly appearance and another (our jock sort) would forcibly strap a hockey mask on Jason, who would go along with it because he is trying to fit in. Only now can Jason be seen clearly on film.

Soon Jason is talked into taking a canoe ride and here is where things begin to go south. In an subverted homage to the original film a counselor jumps up out of the water, yanking on Jason and tipping him into the water. However as we all know, Jason can’t swim. As a matter of fact he sinks like a stone.

The rest of the film would pick up some time after, in the winter, with the teens all dying horribly to an unseen killer. This would play with fan perceptions because they may think it’s Mrs. Voorhees, but also maybe Jason. I mean, we can’t have an F13 film without Jason, right? Also fans have wanted snow for how long now?

Our final girl would hopefully be the one you didn’t expect. I’m leaning with the goth chick myself. And we would end with the Mrs. Voorhees vs counselor battle on the frozen lake at the campsite. As expected Pam gets decapitated.

The final scene is the girl standing over Pam’s dead body on the lake. then, we get the true homage to the original film. Jason bursts up through the ice, hockey mask and all to drag our final girl under the water with him.

Fade to black. Cue sharp Manfredini score. 

I saw that, I like your ideas :) I completely agree with you on the obscurity of the final girl, and that's something I'd want to feed over into my idea, is that level of surprise and unpredictable nature. Love it.

What do you think of my ideas? and even cast?

As far as your cast, I only know Elias Koteas and Judy Davis by name. I'd need to look up the rest.

We're on the same page that truly effective death scenes need to be built up via characterization.

If one had to have Jason as the primary antagonist, I agree that Pam still needs to be included. Having her play the crazy local role could be a good bait and switch, particularly if we don't know if she is or isn't the killer. It would certainly affect viewer expectations if done right. 

As far as your cast, I only know Elias Koteas and Judy Davis by name. I'd need to look up the rest.

We're on the same page that truly effective death scenes need to be built up via characterization.

If one had to have Jason as the primary antagonist, I agree that Pam still needs to be included. Having her play the crazy local role could be a good bait and switch, particularly if we don't know if she is or isn't the killer. It would certainly affect viewer expectations if done right.

I think I may still have Pamela kill people but maybe only the two counsellors in 58 who were responsible for the death of Jason, but the main kills of the film are done by Jason, with Pamela learning of his existence and eventually helping her son but then losing her head when the final girl kills her. She can maybe even kill the last victim in the showdown?

Risinggrave likes this