Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark K

Anyone try the old classic "It Came From The Desert"? on Amiga

9 posts in this topic

The title says it all. The game is a multi-mini game based on "Them" from 1954.

You play as a scientist trying to save a small desert town from an invasion of giant nuclear ants.

I'm trying to get it to work on my Android via emulators, but having a helluva time. I've always wanted to play this game, and remember when it came out, but didn't have the system to play it.

Splatterhouse likes this

Watched a quick video- looks great, especially for 1989. I have a PSP set up to run emulators, I may have to look into an Amiga emulator. We had an Amiga when I was a kid but only a few games.

Them! is a great movie. I love 50's sci-fi and horror- The Thing, Invaders from Mars, It Came from Outer Space... lots of cool stuff. This game looks like a love letter to the genre and time period.

Mark K, Splatterhouse and Survival like this

Watched a quick video- looks great, especially for 1989. I have a PSP set up to run emulators, I may have to look into an Amiga emulator. We had an Amiga when I was a kid but only a few games.

Them! is a great movie. I love 50's sci-fi and horror- The Thing, Invaders from Mars, It Came from Outer Space... lots of cool stuff. This game looks like a love letter to the genre and time period.

Love 'em all!!! Forbidden Planet was really, really good too. I finally got it to work on my 'droid emulator. 3 disks worth of unzipping and relocating files. But I think I finally nailed it. Cool game, hard as heck, especially shooting the ants antennaes off with the wonky d-pad. Great game though. Going to check out 'Lost Patrol' and 'Where Time Forgot' next. Love the old stuff! :)

bewareofbears likes this

Love 'em all!!! Forbidden Planet was really, really good too. I finally got it to work on my 'droid emulator. 3 disks worth of unzipping and relocating files. But I think I finally nailed it. Cool game, hard as heck, especially shooting the ants antennaes off with the wonky d-pad. Great game though. Going to check out 'Lost Patrol' and 'Where Time Forgot' next. Love the old stuff! :)

Awesome, and yes- Forbidden Planet is great. :)

Mark K likes this

Know of it, never played it (wasn't a PC gamer). Had a real following back in the day.

Did play Ant Attack on the Speccy way way back when, one of the earlier ever 3D isometric games and also inspired by Them!

And I've also seen Them! about three times, so hey.

Splatterhouse likes this

"The Deadly Tower of Monsters" indie for Ps4 is a great game as well. Has about every sci-fi of the 50's and 60's nod you can think of. From "Green Slime" to "The Land that Time Forgot". Heavily based on Buck Rogers, Forbidden Planet, and Rocket Ranger. Truly a Classic overlooked, but worth the download. ;)

I never tried it on the Amiga, but I had it on the Turbografx-CD when I was younger. I don't know how similar they were, I remember the TCD version had plenty of cheesy fmv sequences in it(a novelty for the time), they were fun to watch.

Yes, was an excellent game. Still have never completed it till this day. Would usually succumb to the ants when they would attack the town. Used to enjoy the relatively open world nature of it. Some of those hospital escapes were intense!!! :) "King of Chicago" from the same company "Cinemaware" was also a masterpiece. What a game that was! Spent hours on it!

I also remember Ant Attack on the Spectrum. Will always love my ZX Spectrum. :)