6 replies to this topic

Mark K

Mark K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMichigan
The title says it all. The game is a multi-mini game based on "Them" from 1954.
You play as a scientist trying to save a small desert town from an invasion of giant nuclear ants.

I'm trying to get it to work on my Android via emulators, but having a helluva time. I've always wanted to play this game, and remember when it came out, but didn't have the system to play it.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Beware!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
Watched a quick video- looks great, especially for 1989. I have a PSP set up to run emulators, I may have to look into an Amiga emulator. We had an Amiga when I was a kid but only a few games.

Them! is a great movie. I love 50's sci-fi and horror- The Thing, Invaders from Mars, It Came from Outer Space... lots of cool stuff. This game looks like a love letter to the genre and time period.
  • Survival and Mark K like this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Mark K

Mark K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Watched a quick video- looks great, especially for 1989. I have a PSP set up to run emulators, I may have to look into an Amiga emulator. We had an Amiga when I was a kid but only a few games.
Them! is a great movie. I love 50's sci-fi and horror- The Thing, Invaders from Mars, It Came from Outer Space... lots of cool stuff. This game looks like a love letter to the genre and time period.

Love 'em all!!! Forbidden Planet was really, really good too. I finally got it to work on my 'droid emulator. 3 disks worth of unzipping and relocating files. But I think I finally nailed it. Cool game, hard as heck, especially shooting the ants antennaes off with the wonky d-pad. Great game though. Going to check out 'Lost Patrol' and 'Where Time Forgot' next. Love the old stuff! :)
  • bewareofbears likes this

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Beware!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Love 'em all!!! Forbidden Planet was really, really good too. I finally got it to work on my 'droid emulator. 3 disks worth of unzipping and relocating files. But I think I finally nailed it. Cool game, hard as heck, especially shooting the ants antennaes off with the wonky d-pad. Great game though. Going to check out 'Lost Patrol' and 'Where Time Forgot' next. Love the old stuff! :)

Awesome, and yes- Forbidden Planet is great. :)
  • Mark K likes this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Know of it, never played it (wasn't a PC gamer). Had a real following back in the day.

Did play Ant Attack on the Speccy way way back when, one of the earlier ever 3D isometric games and also inspired by Them!

And I've also seen Them! about three times, so hey.

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationCANADA

I never played that game, but you have reminded me of those secret ant missions in the original Command & Conquer  Red Alert!

http://cnc.wikia.com..._From_Red_Alert!

"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

Mark K

Mark K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMichigan
"The Deadly Tower of Monsters" indie for Ps4 is a great game as well. Has about every sci-fi of the 50's and 60's nod you can think of. From "Green Slime" to "The Land that Time Forgot". Heavily based on Buck Rogers, Forbidden Planet, and Rocket Ranger. Truly a Classic overlooked, but worth the download. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users