Can we toggle the 'blood frame' off?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Guy

Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I may have mentioned this before, but it's come back to my attention during the new video released.

When a kill animation is successful, there's this jarring blood frame effect that surrounds the screen to signify you have just killed someone. Everytime I see it it completely removes me from the cinematic experience of the game, ironically right at the most crucial moment of a well earned kill.

Is this something we have the option to toggle off/on?

I don't mind the drops of blood getting on the camera during the more blood letting kills (or the toilet water splashing the screen) but I'd hate to be getting a great cinematic experience so lavishly recreated in this game only to lose it at every death when the frame becomes momentarily busy with a naff looking, almost photoshop brush effect. Especially for bloodless deaths such as the back breaking.

Maybe it's just me?
  • Gdain likes this

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

I may have mentioned this before, but it's come back to my attention during the new video released.

When a kill animation is successful, there's this jarring blood frame effect that surrounds the screen to signify you have just killed someone. Everytime I see it it completely removes me from the cinematic experience of the game, ironically right at the most crucial moment of a well earned kill.

Is this something we have the option to toggle off/on?

I don't mind the drops of blood getting on the camera during the more blood letting kills (or the toilet water splashing the screen) but I'd hate to be getting a great cinematic experience so lavishly recreated in this game only to lose it at every death when the frame becomes momentarily busy with a naff looking, almost photoshop brush effect. Especially for bloodless deaths such as the back breaking.

Maybe it's just me?

I completely agree. I mentioned this also. Not sure why they did it. Only thing I can think of is because of the ESRB?

GrandMasterLynx

GrandMasterLynx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
As long as it doesn't effect anybody else I don't see a issue but remember it's a video game not a movie that you will get a cinematic experience

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
No...its too much and too cheesy. I veto to minimize it or remove it.
  • bewareofbears and Gdain like this

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

No...its too much and too cheesy. I veto to minimize it or remove it.

I agree, it looks like a cheap placeholder for a better effect in it's current state and takes away from the other visuals.
  • Gdain likes this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Def gets in the way. Alot of times you cant even see the carnage because of that cheap ass looking splatter.
  • bewareofbears likes this

Ja1862

Ja1862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Looks horrible hopefully there will be a option to turn it off,

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
You guys beat me to it (sorry Jpops)

Don't take this the wrong way because I love the new kills and game I'm just giving my thoughts....

During the kills, i like the idea of the on screen blood splatter, but after watching it over and over I'm not sure about it going all around the boarder of the screen everytime! I do like occasional small splatters of blood off center (minimal) as if it hit the screen on accident!

Thoughts?
  • Splatterhouse likes this
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Jason's Whetstone

Jason's Whetstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Option to Toggle the effect Devs :D

• TWarner and CrazyRalph like this

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

I wonder if they can because remember these are animations ( Cut Scenes)  I hope so but things are looking better every time they put out a new video. I could tell the graphical improvement of everything.

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
I'll also add that if they just had a few splatter dots or streaks instead of the full boarder blood, maybe make it focused!?!? I know if blood hit a cemera lens it would be blurry but hmmm ... just throwing out ideas! I know the team is sitting there going "shut up powell your getting too picky" lol
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

You guys beat me to it (sorry Jpops)

Don't take this the wrong way because I love the new kills and game I'm just giving my thoughts....

During the kills, i like the idea of the on screen blood splatter, but after watching it over and over I'm not sure about it going all around the boarder of the screen everytime! I do like occasional small splatters of blood off center (minimal) as if it hit the screen on accident!

Thoughts?

Agree, in this regard - less is more. The blood splatter has a kind of Playstation/N64 era look about it - doesn't fit very well with what are excellent graphics on such a small budget.

• bewareofbears likes this

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users