Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guy

Can we toggle the 'blood frame' off?

12 posts in this topic

I may have mentioned this before, but it's come back to my attention during the new video released.

When a kill animation is successful, there's this jarring blood frame effect that surrounds the screen to signify you have just killed someone. Everytime I see it it completely removes me from the cinematic experience of the game, ironically right at the most crucial moment of a well earned kill.

Is this something we have the option to toggle off/on?

I don't mind the drops of blood getting on the camera during the more blood letting kills (or the toilet water splashing the screen) but I'd hate to be getting a great cinematic experience so lavishly recreated in this game only to lose it at every death when the frame becomes momentarily busy with a naff looking, almost photoshop brush effect. Especially for bloodless deaths such as the back breaking.

Maybe it's just me?

Gdain likes this

I may have mentioned this before, but it's come back to my attention during the new video released.

When a kill animation is successful, there's this jarring blood frame effect that surrounds the screen to signify you have just killed someone. Everytime I see it it completely removes me from the cinematic experience of the game, ironically right at the most crucial moment of a well earned kill.

Is this something we have the option to toggle off/on?

I don't mind the drops of blood getting on the camera during the more blood letting kills (or the toilet water splashing the screen) but I'd hate to be getting a great cinematic experience so lavishly recreated in this game only to lose it at every death when the frame becomes momentarily busy with a naff looking, almost photoshop brush effect. Especially for bloodless deaths such as the back breaking.

Maybe it's just me?

I completely agree. I mentioned this also. Not sure why they did it. Only thing I can think of is because of the ESRB?

No...its too much and too cheesy. I veto to minimize it or remove it.

I agree, it looks like a cheap placeholder for a better effect in it's current state and takes away from the other visuals.

Gdain likes this

You guys beat me to it (sorry Jpops)

Don't take this the wrong way because I love the new kills and game I'm just giving my thoughts....

During the kills, i like the idea of the on screen blood splatter, but after watching it over and over I'm not sure about it going all around the boarder of the screen everytime! I do like occasional small splatters of blood off center (minimal) as if it hit the screen on accident!

Thoughts?

Splatterhouse likes this

I wonder if they can because remember these are animations ( Cut Scenes)  I hope so but things are looking better every time they put out a new video. I could tell the graphical improvement of everything.

I'll also add that if they just had a few splatter dots or streaks instead of the full boarder blood, maybe make it focused!?!? I know if blood hit a cemera lens it would be blurry but hmmm ... just throwing out ideas! I know the team is sitting there going "shut up powell your getting too picky" lol

You guys beat me to it (sorry Jpops)

Don't take this the wrong way because I love the new kills and game I'm just giving my thoughts....

During the kills, i like the idea of the on screen blood splatter, but after watching it over and over I'm not sure about it going all around the boarder of the screen everytime! I do like occasional small splatters of blood off center (minimal) as if it hit the screen on accident!

Thoughts?

Agree, in this regard - less is more. The blood splatter has a kind of Playstation/N64 era look about it - doesn't fit very well with what are excellent graphics on such a small budget.

bewareofbears likes this