tyrant666

Hoping That All The Jasons With Axes Are Just Placeholders...

76 posts in this topic

I completely agree with this. The novelty axe just makes me want to stay away from playing the part 9 Jason, which is sad. It seems goofy and out of place. Like where'd he even find it?

And does anybody know why Part 9 Jason is even in this game before other ones? We hardly saw the actual Jason.

They held a vote and he was in the top three I believe. Surprised me as well.

No no jason 9 needs the summoning of demon dogs

Hoping they implement Darrin Howard into the game. A hell demon with a pack of demon dogs that fell off the Skyrim map and crash landed into a F13 game. Make him overpowered like Jason....use the Far Cry mechanic of throwing meat as bait to keep him distracted....but in this case, it would be throwing books on the Occult to distract and keep him occupied.  

Honestly kinda like the axes.

It suits the theme of Part 8 and gives Part 9 a more... "ancient" feel I guess. At least I don't see double bladed axes too often.

No doubt more weapons will come in the future.

Hoping they implement Darrin Howard into the game. A hell demon with a pack of demon dogs that fell off the Skyrim map and crash landed into a F13 game. Make him overpowered like Jason....use the Far Cry mechanic of throwing meat as bait to keep him distracted....but in this case, it would be throwing books on the Occult to distract and keep him occupied.  

Glorious, that made me laugh in the office at work :) Darrin's name is still good for some jokes here haha.

People actually voted for the axe? Or just the part 9?

As said, just the skin.

Parts 2, 3 and 7 were already in. We hit the stretch goal (thanks to Slasher Backer) to vote for three additional Jason skins, and the winners were parts 6, 8 and 9.

I assume J9's axe is supposed to be somewhat of a reference to Hatchet. I know that weapon had a shorter handle, but it still could be done just as a reference.

That makes so much sense and is so obvious I think I need to go sit in the corner and read me some occult tomes as penance for not thinking it up myself.

The-Almighty-Zugs likes this

I assume J9's axe is supposed to be somewhat of a reference to Hatchet. I know that weapon had a shorter handle, but it still could be done just as a reference.

I had the exact same thought in another thread. But if this is the case I have to wonder why they did they make the handle so long so that it looks like a freaking battle axe rather then just a hatchet.

I think for the most part they were on point with the weapon selections. 7 was where his machete became his signature weapon. 

Which is odd, as he only used it twice in the film: one kill and one tent venting.

I think we would be o.k with an axe like that. But have you seen Part 9's axe in game? It's way too big to be considered practical.

https://youtu.be/hLnX8VyVmAE?t=59s

Here is Jason throwing the axe in question into Sara's chest

F13_Part_V.jpg

Here's a hallucinated Jason using a similar axe as well.

neca-friday-the-13th-series-1-action-fig

Here's the official part 4 NECA figure, that comes with the axe.

Or rather this one. I'd be o.k with this one too. But Part 9's axe, as it stands, is just a complete put off to me. It doesn't fit the game. It looks silly and out right ridiculous really.

Part 8 Jason did use a fire axe.

On the deck hand.

Harpoon gun

Guitar

Sauna Rock

Mirror shard

Netting knife

Some kind of weird club looking thing

His bare hands

Barrel of toxic waste

Hypodermic needle.

Radio antenna

So which one should he carry in the game?

I think the fire axe is adequate.

ResolutionBlaze likes this

For that matter,

Part 3 Jason used

Butcher knife - Harold (edit - cleaver)

Knitting needle - Edna

Pitchfork - fox

Pitchfork - loco

Club - Ali

Unknown - Shelly

Harpoon gun - Vera

Machete - andy

Knife - Debbie

Fuse box - chuck

Fire poker - Chilli

Bare hands - Rick

Machete - Ali

How many people did part 3 Jason kill with an axe?

That'd be NONE.

What I liked about Jason takes Manhattan.

Many off the kills have symbolism to the victims.

Rocker chick killed with a guitar, Vanity obsessed girl killed with piece of mirror, Boxer killed with uppercut, electronics nerd killed by electrocution, junkie killed with Hypodermic needle, Uncle who almost drowned his Niece killed by drowning. Hockey masked maniac who "drowned" as a boy, "killed" by drowning (albeit in toxic waste).

None of the other films in the series have that.

I'm not opposed to Part 8 Jason using a fire axe. If the DLC includes new kills and optional weapon changing, Part 8 Jason could use the Guitar I feel with two hands.

I'm sure that the weapons will be able to be separated from Jason and he will be able to retrieve them.

Somewhere I seen that they confirmed he can "retrieve" the throwing knives.

Jason 6 has the machete and utility belt on the model. It'd be pretty stupid if he couldn't use it.

Animations can be embedded into the props, so I'm certain that Jason will have the ability to use weapons opposite of those he spawns in with

If it were up to me,here what i would do...

I would make it so each Jason get an arsenal of at least 5 weapons,each weapons is it's own type of weapon:

1-Machete

2-Axe/small scythe (or pickaxe for Part 2 Jason)

3-Spear/pitchfork

4-polearm/long scythe (exemple, that sling blade from part 7)

5-unique random weapon (it can be a kitchen knife or a blunt weapon or a firepoker or a harpoon gun)

Also each Jason get a different skin for each weapons,like Part 2 Jason can have the tribal spear,Part 3 can have the farmer's pitchfork,Part 6 has the cemetary fence pole and Tom Savini's Jason got the devil's pitchfork.