tyrant666

Hoping That All The Jasons With Axes Are Just Placeholders...

77 posts in this topic

My best guess would be that each Jason come with a sets of weapons wich are specific type but with different design specificaly made for a specific Jason.

Exemple 1: all Jason can wield an axe,but each Jason have a different looking axe,part 3 has a woodcutter axe,part 8 a fireaxe and part 9 a double-sided axe and part 2+6+7 might also get an axe with each a different design.

Exemple 2: all Jason can wield a long range weapon,part 6 has the graveyard fence pole,part 2 might get the tribal spear,part 3 will have the pitchfork and part 7+8+9 might also get something similar,maybe part 9 can impale people with a shovel.

Exemple 3: all Jason can use a machete,but each of them might get a slight makeover,like one as a black handle,another would have a brown/wooden handle.

Anyway,if there was indeed just 1 weapon per Jason,we all know that peoples will be disapointed if that happen.

Darrin Howard likes this

If the Jasons are all limited to one weapon I would have it:

Part 2: pickaxe

Part 3: pitchfork

Part 6: spear

Part 7: machete

Part 8: axe

Part 9: dagger

I really want the harpoon gun more than anything. Have it be like a one time use ranged weapon like the Shotgun. It could impale counselors and stun them for a brief period as they attempt to dislodge the bolt. Unless it's like a headshot or something, which I imagine would be incredibly hard. 

I would have it as:

Part 2: Pickaxe

Part 3: Axe

Part 6: Spear

Part 7: Sling Blade

Part 8: Fire Axe

Part 9: Machete

I'll be fine with it as it is right now, but I really want to switch weapons as Jason.

I also think that all suprises have not been revealed. im sure the details of the weapons wil be revealed in other dlc maps.will there be a torch to use against jason that will cause lots of damage to jason.the torch probably wont work on tom savini hellish jason. the torch woud also light up dark places.

See, I think that development hell is a little harsh for the time being. We already know they're going through cert, and new info could come in a matter of days. I'd wait another month or so until I'd start calling it development hell.

I get where you're coming from but I think developmental hell can be applied to anything that's been delayed. It's only harsh if you take it that way.

I really want the harpoon gun more than anything. Have it be like a one time use ranged weapon like the Shotgun. It could impale counselors and stun them for a brief period as they attempt to dislodge the bolt. Unless it's like a headshot or something, which I imagine would be incredibly hard.

From what they said at PAX, maybe some of these one-off weapons may appear in the single player missions.

I'll be honest, the multiple axes is disappointing if they can't at some point be swapped out.

I don't care if that's the default weapon and you can unlock weapon swap at level # whatever, that's fine.

But any time I choose part 8, even a year from now, I still only get red fire axe? disappointing.

If you were weapon locked, variety would have been better. Jason has used so many different weapons that it seems silly that we basically come down to: Mining pick, machete, axe and spear.

Just threw together a quick list of kills, ignoring part V, Remake and FvJ and non-Jason kills in JGTH: For simplicity, any action performed with bare hands (neck breaking, backbreaker) were listed together, unless a weapon was used as well. Additionally, any thrown damage (onto car, through door, onto spike) were all lumped together.

Machete - ||||||||||||||||||||
Pickaxe - (odd that this is a weapon when he never actually killed anyone with it)
Fireaxe - |
Pitchfork - ||
Wooden Axe - |||
Kitchen Knife - |||||
Hunting Knife - ||
Knitting Needle - |
Speargun shot or stabbed - |||
Harpoon - |
Guitar - |
Sauna Rock - |
Mirror shard - |
Broken bottle - |
Spear - |||||
Cleaver - ||
Bare Hands/head crush - |||||||||||||
Syringe - |
Party horn - |
Sleeping bag / tree - |
Liquid Nitrogen freeze/headbash - |
Sickle - |
Tent Spike - ||
Icepick - |
Sucked into space - |
Strangulation - |
Crane hook - |
Wrench - |
Garden Claw - |
Kaiser - |
Tree trimming Saw - |
Drowning - ||
Punch - |
Garrote - |
Hammer - |
Unknown/offscreen - ||||
blunt object - |||
Electrocution - |||
Fire Poker - |
Hacksaw - |
Scalpel - |
Throwing Knife - |
Thrown/Dropped from height - |||||||

Point being, there are very few axe kills so its very odd that the axe is so common. I would prefer cleaver, hunting knife or even bare hands to replace the multiple axes.

Or another good thing would be to have multiple skins of the various weapons.

You could have a regular straight machete, one with jagged teeth and curved blade and the uber machete.
Kitchen or hunting knife.
Fireaxe or wooden axe.
Spear with metal tip, or garden fence pole.
Sickle or bonesaw
Pitchfork or spade

Edit: Sorry about the double-post, got carried away making the list.

I'll be honest, the multiple axes is disappointing if they can't at some point be swapped out.

I don't care if that's the default weapon and you can unlock weapon swap at level # whatever, that's fine.

But any time I choose part 8, even a year from now, I still only get red fire axe? disappointing.

If you were weapon locked, variety would have been better. Jason has used so many different weapons that it seems silly that we basically come down to: Mining pick, machete, axe and spear.

Just threw together a quick list of kills, ignoring part V, Remake and FvJ and non-Jason kills in JGTH: For simplicity, any action performed with bare hands (neck breaking, backbreaker) were listed together, unless a weapon was used as well. Additionally, any thrown damage (onto car, through door, onto spike) were all lumped together.

Machete - ||||||||||||||||||||

Pickaxe - (odd that this is a weapon when he never actually killed anyone with it)

Fireaxe - |

Pitchfork - ||

Wooden Axe - |||

Kitchen Knife - |||||

Hunting Knife - ||

Knitting Needle - |

Speargun shot or stabbed - |||

Harpoon - |

Guitar - |

Sauna Rock - |

Mirror shard - |

Broken bottle - |

Spear - |||||

Cleaver - ||

Bare Hands/head crush - |||||||||||||

Syringe - |

Party horn - |

Sleeping bag / tree - |

Liquid Nitrogen freeze/headbash - |

Sickle - |

Tent Spike - ||

Icepick - |

Sucked into space - |

Strangulation - |

Crane hook - |

Wrench - |

Garden Claw - |

Kaiser - |

Tree trimming Saw - |

Drowning - ||

Punch - |

Garrote - |

Hammer - |

Unknown/offscreen - ||||

blunt object - |||

Electrocution - |||

Fire Poker - |

Hacksaw - |

Scalpel - |

Throwing Knife - |

Thrown/Dropped from height - |||||||

Point being, there are very few axe kills so its very odd that the axe is so common. I would prefer cleaver, hunting knife or even bare hands to replace the multiple axes.

Or another good thing would be to have multiple skins of the various weapons.

You could have a regular straight machete, one with jagged teeth and curved blade and the uber machete.

Kitchen or hunting knife.

Fireaxe or wooden axe.

Spear with metal tip, or garden fence pole.

Sickle or bonesaw

Pitchfork or spade

Excellent A+ post, and I would urge the development team to read it...very constructive.

The core of social media followers probably don't realise every Jason will come with a specific weapon only, only us "hardcore's" know every detail there is that has been revealed. I'm sure if/when they realise the Jason weapon limitations - it will be another gripe/call along the lines of "we want single player","when's the release date?" - if I was the development team I'd be looking into integrating it into the game in the near future, (nip it in the bud so to speak) before the moans on Twitter/Facebook from the masses begin. I genuinely can't think of any other thing they would gripe about. An excellent job has been done, no doubt...but people will be disappointed with this for sure. Kitchen knife loving Michael Myers would get away with it...super-creative Jason Voorhees...not so. Jason is the slasher equivalent of "The A-Team" when it comes to improvising. :)

More work, but in the broad spectrum of things - it'll make the game better no doubt - more replayable - more word of mouth sales - thus more units and DLC sold. 

Although it would make each Jason more unique to have his own weapon, many of us would prefer to freedom to customize, unless Gun media has a good reason.

The only sort of good reason I can think of is when you level up on XP you can unlock more of the same weapon type for that Jason. Example:

Part 7 Jason starts out with a rusty machete that has a wood handle. First unlocked weapon is a less rusty machete with a plastic handle. Next is a stainless steel blade machete. Next is a machete with a metal handle and serrated blade.

Davidt likes this

Although it would make each Jason more unique to have his own weapon, many of us would prefer to freedom to customize, unless Gun media has a good reason.

The only sort of good reason I can think of is when you level up on XP you can unlock more of the same weapon type for that Jason. Example:

Part 7 Jason starts out with a rusty machete that has a wood handle. First unlocked weapon is a less rusty machete with a plastic handle. Next is a stainless steel blade machete. Next is a machete with a metal handle and serrated blade.

This is the sort of thing I would be happy with. Start with weapon base weapon, then at level 10, you get another skin for that weapon. Level 25 you can unlock weapon swapping, Max Level: More skins for weapons.

Davidt and DialM like this

I think for the most part they were on point with the weapon selections. 7 was where his machete became his signature weapon. The pickaxe and axe were used in the climax of 2 and 3 respectively as well as the fence post from 6 being used in two gruesome kills. Most the rest of Jason's weapons have been the closest convenient things for one off kills. They had to choose something for them

I like Part 8 having the fire axe. It's the novelty axe Part 9 is carrying I'm not a fan of.

I completely agree with this. The novelty axe just makes me want to stay away from playing the part 9 Jason, which is sad. It seems goofy and out of place. Like where'd he even find it?

And does anybody know why Part 9 Jason is even in this game before other ones? We hardly saw the actual Jason.  

The-Almighty-Zugs likes this

And does anybody know why Part 9 Jason is even in this game before other ones? We hardly saw the actual Jason.  

What do you mean? Parts 2-3, 6-8 are all in it as well as 9.

The only Jason being left out currently is 4 and that's because the only thing that is different (beyond the face) is the axe wound in the mask. Odds are we'll get him too at some point. 

I completely agree with this. The novelty axe just makes me want to stay away from playing the part 9 Jason, which is sad. It seems goofy and out of place. Like where'd he even find it?

The Jasons in the game were determined by a fan poll. I think he was likely picked to add some variety. While the movie sucks, I think a lot of folks like how he appeared when he was in the film.

Edit:

The remaining possible Jasons that we know of are Part 4, Roy, Jason X and Uber. They don't have the license for Freddy vs. Jason, the remake or NES Jason but I think there's some folks trying to figure out how to get the rights to use NES Jason. Time will tell.

What do you mean? Parts 2-3, 6-8 are all in it as well as 9.

The only Jason being left out currently is 4 and that's because the only thing that is different (beyond the face) is the axe wound in the mask. Odds are we'll get him too at some point. 

Edited:

I meant that it just felt like the Part 9 Jason was rushed a bit in terms of originality, or under-thought weapon wise. That could just be because I'm hung up with the axe itself, but we now have three Jason's wielding axes. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm okay with the Part 3 woodcutters version (Even though, I feel that Jason should also wield a machete, but every Jason should at this point) and love the Part 8 fire axe and am really excited about them. The variety we've seen from these two look great and will allow us to really get a feel for the Jason we're playing.

But the novelty axe? Like why was that weapon even considered? Where would Jason even find that? Why not give him something else? Anything else really. Something more practical and not so out of place? I'm only saying this while under the impression that each of these main weapons (Spear for Part 6, Pickaxe for Part 2 etc) will be used exclusively for each respective Jason while it being their only weapon. Something we'll be using/seeing all the time. Even if we can switch or have a secondary weapon (I haven't heard anything about this officially), it'll still be there.

And I come back to my question of why does this Part 9 novelty axe even exist in the game? I get we don't have many weapons to choose from based on the movie but I'd rather see a machete or hell, another one handed axe than that thing. Or go with your point @bewareofbears, and have the smaller sized double edged axe from Tommy's hallucination from Part 5. I guess I'll have to play it to really form a proper opinion, but it just looks silly.  

I meant that it just felt like Part 9 was rushed a bit in terms of originality, or under-thought weapon wise. That could just be because I'm hung up with the axe itself, but we now have three Jason's wielding axes. I like the Part 3 and love the part 8 one and am really excited about them, but the novelty axe? Like why was that weapon even considered? Why not give him something else? Something more practical and not out of place?

Part 9 should have a machete.

Risinggrave likes this

I'd be totally open to that. Every Jason should have the ability for a machete really and that could help to solve some of these issues.

If I remember right, they said the axe gave them more options for kills.

If you can't think of a ton of ways to kill people with a machete, maybe you're not the right guy for the job of designing kills for a Friday the 13th game.

Just sayin'. :P

The-Almighty-Zugs likes this

I'm just confused as to why this is all such a big secret. I mean, the game is finished right? Just waiting for a green light from Sony or whoever to put it out into the market? So pretty much any ideas/feedback people have at this point are in vain? Unless for patches or future DLC. Correct me if I'm wrong but the way it works is that they present the finished game to the company, they look it over and ok it, and it goes right out for sale? No more tweaks are allowed and if the devs change their minds on something the process starts all over?

I would assume that tweaks could be made afterwards. That's what patches and updates are for of course.