tyrant666

Hoping That All The Jasons With Axes Are Just Placeholders...

77 posts in this topic

Part 3 Jason having the axe is fine.

Hell, Part 9 Jason having a double sided axe is actually pretty cool since it would be hard to give Part 9 Jason a real unique weapon beside the dagger or shovel. So fixing his eye to be canon and giving him a unique weapon I have no problems with.

But Part 8 Jason should probably have something besides the axe.

Unless its been confirmed that all the Jasons will be able to choose different default weapons.

So what do you give Jason in Part 8. Maybe the spear gun as seen in the beginning of the movie, but then he wouldn't have any real short range weaponry, unless Part 8 Jason could have the option to shoot the spear gun, with the trade off being a SEVERE cooldown, all the while he can still use it as close range to stab people.

Part 3 Jason having the axe is fine.

Hell, Part 9 Jason having a double sided axe is actually pretty cool since it would be hard to give Part 9 Jason a real unique weapon beside the dagger or shovel. So fixing his eye to be canon and giving him a unique weapon I have no problems with.

But Part 8 Jason should probably have something besides the axe.

Unless its been confirmed that all the Jasons will be able to choose different default weapons.

So what do you give Jason in Part 8. Maybe the spear gun as seen in the beginning of the movie, but then he wouldn't have any real short range weaponry, unless Part 8 Jason could have the option to shoot the spear gun, with the trade off being a SEVERE cooldown, all the while he can still use it as close range to stab people.

I like Part 8 having the fire axe. It's the novelty axe Part 9 is carrying I'm not a fan of.

Part 8 I thought would have the wrench.

Part 9 should have a pitchfork since nobody has that yet even though it is in the original 'trailer'. 

I was kind of... what? When I saw both 8 AND 9 using axes.

That means we have 3 axe using Jasons now...

HOWEVER.

I like that they got creative with the characteristics of the axes.

Using the back end of the fire axe to impale her throat was pretty fucking cool.

I also think it would be better if all Jasons could have more than 1 weapon to choose from.

Having 3 out of 7 Jasons wielding an axe seem a bit not original,more variety would help a lot and peoples will be more comfortable when choosing a Jason if they have the options of choosing their weapon.

Maybe someone will want their favorite Jason to wield a weapon they prefer more.

I'm going to chime in and say it would not be difficult to let players choose their Jason's weapon in the menu. Each Jason moves the same aside from weapon and kill animations, so I don't think there will be any problems with animation. Whatever kills are incompatible with that weapon would be swapped with an appropriate kill by default in the menu, and the player could choose a different weapon-appropriate kill from there.

DialM, killerwolf36405 and Gdain like this

Is this something they are trying to keep "secret" and surprise us? If not, why wont they tell us why or why not on the weapon switching issue?

It's possible. Some clarity would be nice.

The kills are specific to the weapon so I can't imagine it would be too difficult to allow us to pick our weapon and select our kills based off it. They did great on the Part 9 Jason model but gave him an oversized Halloween costume axe. It looks goofy.

Every Jason should be capable of wielding a machete.

Splatterhouse likes this

It's possible. Some clarity would be nice.

The kills are specific to the weapon so I can't imagine it would be too difficult to allow us to pick our weapon and select our kills based off it. They did great on the Part 9 Jason model but gave him an oversized Halloween costume axe. It looks goofy.

Every Jason should be capable of wielding a machete.

I agree. Why does Jason have a medieval style "battle-axe"? You would only come across one of those weapons at a historic reenactment. It's not like a battle-axe would be lying around the grounds of camp for Jason to pick up. It's not like weapons companies even produce them anymore. A woodcutter's axe (Part III), yes...an emergency fire axe (Part VIII), yes....but a 13th century battle axe used by the likes of Sir Lancelot and the Knights of the Round Table...no.

WEAPONS THAT DO MORE DAMAGE SHOULD BE AWARDED TO VETERAN PLAYERS OF THE GAME.maybe as more maps are released ,weapons that do more damage will become part of the game.maybe there will be special finds to unlock weapons that do heavier damage.

A quick search revealed this axe is similar to the one he uses in the remake. Also, in Part 5- Tommy has a hallucination of Jason standing holding a similar (but more functional/conventional looking) axe.

It honestly reminds me of one of those inflatable toy weapons.

The-Almighty-Zugs and DialM like this

Someone came up with a brilliant idea, there should be certain weapons around the map that Jason can find and use, of course he starts with his own weapon but it makes perfect sense for him to grab the pickaxe laying in the barn, of the machete next to his mother's head in the shack, the scavenged weapons could also open up a single execution.

Splatterhouse and Plox like this

stronger weapons to use against jason would make more sense.there has to be more incentive finds and extras for veteran hardcore players of this game.the possiabilties are wonderfull.can you imagine finding a chainsaw with a huge blade that says THE FAMILY SAW etched into the side of the chainsaw blade.

I'm just confused as to why this is all such a big secret. I mean, the game is finished right? Just waiting for a green light from Sony or whoever to put it out into the market? So pretty much any ideas/feedback people have at this point are in vain? Unless for patches or future DLC. Correct me if I'm wrong but the way it works is that they present the finished game to the company, they look it over and ok it, and it goes right out for sale? No more tweaks are allowed and if the devs change their minds on something the process starts all over?

I'm just confused as to why this is all such a big secret. I mean, the game is finished right? Just waiting for a green light from Sony or whoever to put it out into the market? So pretty much any ideas/feedback people have at this point are in vain? Unless for patches or future DLC. Correct me if I'm wrong but the way it works is that they present the finished game to the company, they look it over and ok it, and it goes right out for sale? No more tweaks are allowed and if the devs change their minds on something the process starts all over?

I'd assume they be submitting a final build. Any tweaks or polish would be left to a Day 1 patch.

And yea, I think pretty much all feedback at this point is in vain. Things have been fairly quiet despite a couple of PAX panels. The reveals have been largerly focused on visual asthetics as opposed to gameplay. We're in limbo currently, or "developmental hell."

Gdain likes this

The thing tough is that some peoples like me have already talked about the possibility to choose more than 1 weapon long before the beta even came out,so the mods and devs must have seen our feedback since then. 

JasonVsWindows likes this

I have been concerned about this for a while. Honestly the big thing I took away from the trailer was "damn it, the weapons still look exclusive"

Instead of feeling excited I feel even more concerned.

And yea, I think pretty much all feedback at this point is in vain. Things have been fairly quiet despite a couple of PAX panels. The reveals have been largerly focused on visual asthetics as opposed to gameplay. We're in limbo currently, or "developmental hell."

See, I think that development hell is a little harsh for the time being. We already know they're going through cert, and new info could come in a matter of days. I'd wait another month or so until I'd start calling it development hell.