Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PowellCampsNAKED

2 - PS4 Consoles 1 online membership in same house?

7 posts in this topic

Question? i own 2 PS4s room 1 and room 2. If room 1 console has ps plus online is there a way I can share that ps plus online subscription with room 2 console?

to keep buying another PS Plus online membership all this time seems ridiculous if I'm missing a way to only pay for 1.

I talked about something similar last year but that was sharing my account names to my room 2 console which worked!

Few reasons are 1 we can play online together under same roof 2 if room 1 tv is occupied then I can hop into room 2 lol

The psn is tied to an online account, not the system itself.

You can load you user up to any account on any system, HOWEVER there is a max limit (3 i think..maybe) to how many consoles you can have your user tied to.

As for online play, you can't play online with one username with more people on several consoles. You can't play nba online while your friend plays titanfall online on two different consoles under the same account afaik

The psn is tied to an online account, not the system itself.

You can load you user up to any account on any system, HOWEVER there is a max limit (3 i think..maybe) to how many consoles you can have your user tied to.

As for online play, you can't play online with one username with more people on several consoles. You can't play nba online while your friend plays titanfall online on two different consoles under the same account afaik

We made a new primary account name on console #2 but then linked all our accounts from console #1 to #2 as well but I'm looking get both consoles on one online subscription

I'm in the same boat as my son has a ps plus activated under his login on my ps4 and I can't use it on my login. I have already purchased a 12 month membership that I will be activating on release day though.

Just add the same ps plus account in those two ps4s, both consoles would have online ps plus features, even if you play with other psn account.

You can only have one system as your primary system. If you use PS Plus on one console and share your PS Plus with all accounts on the one system, you can not do the same on the other system.

You can only share PS Plus on the console that has your account set as primary. Which is only possible on one.

It's also not possible for two people to play on the same account at the same time. 

Set the one with the PS Plus membership to have the Primary PS4 on the one that doesn't have the membership, it then gives every account on the console the membership, thus giving both it.