Nothingface

Path Of Exile is Getting Pretty Hype Right Now.

12 posts in this topic

For those who don't know about Path Of Exile, its a ARPG that's been around and changing for QUITE a while. Its similar to Diablo 2, Grimdawn or Torchlight. Except with a LOT more customization and depth.

Oh.. also its Free.

They have recently done 2 major new content reveals and its looking pretty sick.

So I Figured I would post about them and see if we have any PoE Vets, ARPG enthusiasts or Folks who are just bored who want something to do while waiting for F13.

The new content coming is as follows.

PoE: Legacy League

A new temporary league dedicated to adding ALL PREVIOUS PoE content into one season. You will be able to trigger events and get items from EVERY previous path of exile league. They also updated a HUGE amount of the games items to better fit modern builds.

Starts March 3rd

PoE: The Fall of Oriath

A Fairly massive new expansion looking to add a HUGE amount of new base content to the game, on top of new skills and massive mechanic reworks. Suppose to be coming in about 3 months.

If you used to play and haven't since Pre-Ascendancy.

This game has changed A LOT past ascendancy. Its had a MASSIVE amount of content added... including an actual end game, even more character customization, The Labyrinth... I could go on, needless to say the game has improved 1000 fold since pre-Ascendancy.

If your new and wanna learn stuff, Drop a post! I can help you learn stuff!

I'm not doing much until we get more F13 info, so I'm totally down to play and help you learn!

1 person likes this

Nothing like Path of Exile to remind me how much potential Diablo 3 could have had and how badly Blizzard dropped the ball with Diablo 3. RIP my favorite franchise.

Nothing like Path of Exile to remind me how much potential Diablo 3 could have had and how badly Blizzard dropped the ball with Diablo 3. RIP my favorite franchise.

Hardly the only thing Blizzard has dropped the ball on lately; shame that they are not the same Bliz of old. They used to have the Midas touch.

I happen to love blizzards franchises i dont see whats so bad about diablo 3

I happen to love blizzards franchises i dont see whats so bad about diablo 3

Well, I am glad that you like it and don't want to make it bad for you. In Diablo 3 I made over 1,500$ while playing it, which is more than I can say about any other video game, lol. Thanks RMAH.

But they really lost a whole heckuva lot when they removed the 8 person open-world style and neutered the PK system. Even the item system seems very bland and dry in comparison to Diablo 2. Not to mention the story and the colorfulness which detracts from what is usually thought of as a dark and grim world.

Diablo 2 was just so amazing that Diablo 3 was bound to disappoint in comparison after going many different directions. But Diablo 3 isn't going to have the staying power that Diablo 2 still has to this day.

I'm hoping they realize their mistakes and make Diablo great again in Diablo 4.

Well, thanks to the OP, I think I am going to start playing POE again while I wait for F13.

New patch notes for the league just dropped. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839765

So many bad items are good now.... I don't know where to start making a character.

All I know, is im finally doing Flicker Strike this league.

I wanna see my computer explode ;D

1 person likes this

Well, I am glad that you like it and don't want to make it bad for you. In Diablo 3 I made over 1,500$ while playing it, which is more than I can say about any other video game, lol. Thanks RMAH.

nice man its too bad they ended up removing that i believe. anyway thats enough of diablo its taking away from the actual game this thread is about lol

New patch notes for the league just dropped. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839765

So many bad items are good now.... I don't know where to start making a character.

All I know, is im finally doing Flicker Strike this league.

I wanna see my computer explode ;D

wow that really does look similar to diablo 2 i could see myself playing this.

That looks like it would give me a seizure, with the way the camera moves around with the hero.

nice man its too bad they ended up removing that i believe. anyway thats enough of diablo its taking away from the actual game this thread is about lol

wow that really does look similar to diablo 2 i could see myself playing this.

It should, I think some of the Diablo 2 team helped to make it. ;D

The Skill system is weird at first but when you get used to it its actually REALLY neat.

That looks like it would give me a seizure, with the way the camera moves around with the hero.

Yea you need a good PC and no history of epilepsy to play flicker strike lol.

But they really lost a whole heckuva lot when they removed the 8 person open-world style and neutered the PK system. Even the item system seems very bland and dry in comparison to Diablo 2. Not to mention the story and the colorfulness which detracts from what is usually thought of as a dark and grim world.

Diablo 2 was just so amazing that Diablo 3 was bound to disappoint in comparison after going many different directions. But Diablo 3 isn't going to have the staying power that Diablo 2 still has to this day.

I'm hoping they realize their mistakes and make Diablo great again in Diablo 4.

Well, thanks to the OP, I think I am going to start playing POE again while I wait for F13.

Sadly they're going for cartoony and I mean it.

That's why I'm pissed about Starcraft 2. Especially with the Zerg.

Purple dinosours!

New season begins today!

Also RIP aoe stacking, you are lost but not forgotten.

!Seizure warning!

I've been trying to play this a bit but there are just too many games coming out for me to spend much time on it.  :(