Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark K

Xbox 360, Xbone, and PC Zombie masterpiece.

6 posts in this topic

I recently dusted off the 360 and found a downloadable gem entitled "State of Decay". I got this and it's dlc "Lifeline", and boy am I glad I did. This is zombie assault, strategy, resource and survivor management at it's finest!!!

I especially love "Lifeline" for it's military based theme.

So if you dig zombies, this game is awesome!

I recently dusted off the 360 and found a downloadable gem entitled "State of Decay". I got this and it's dlc "Lifeline", and boy am I glad I did. This is zombie assault, strategy, resource and survivor management at it's finest!!!

I especially love "Lifeline" for it's military based theme.

So if you dig zombies, this game is awesome!

I've played way too many hours of State of Decay. Hilariously I have the original and both DLCs on the 360 and PC. Ended up getting the Year One Edition as a present on XBOne.

Lifeline was a pretty awesome DLC. Breakdown is also a lot of fun albeit a bit repetitive if you haven't tried it. It's the Story map of Trumbull County that you can advance to and start new stages that get more difficult each time. So you can play regular for as long as you want and then find and fix the RV and pick a select number of your group to move to the next map to start over. It gets nuts at later stages.

If you haven't heard yet, there is a State of Decay 2 in development that "might" be out this year some time that allows up to 4 player coop.

Mark K likes this

Yeah, i've been pretty addicted to this game as of late. Kind of like XCom with zombies and Ghost Recon combat. Sweet combo. I haven't tried Breakdown yet, but when I get some extra bread it definitely will get a download.

This is the kind of game that is pushing me to get an Xbox one just for the complete package. With part 2 coming soon, and the Year One Survival edition out, allowing many new weapons, heros, etc. Man! It's a tough call!!!

Best game i've played in a long time. Very addicting, scary, intense, funny... Everything!

ShankerOne likes this

It's a hell of a game given that it's original launch was strangled by the Xbox 360 2GB arcade download limit. But Undead Labs did a great job with it. It's definitely one I recommend for zombie fans.

As for part 2, I think we have a while yet, so if ya get bored, Year One Edition is on both PC and XBone. But I think you need Windows 10 to play it on PC. That's Microsoft for ya.  =/

Speaking of XCOM with zombies, if you haven't tried it I have one to recommend for that too. :) It's on Steam and called Dead State. I've enjoyed that one a fair bit as well.

Short version description, it's a turn-based combat game mixed with RPG and strategy game elements as well as a crafting and base system. Stealth can be handy when out looking for supplies as firing a gun can literally bring every zombie on that map your way.

Old Kickstarter Trailer

Mark K likes this

Great game.  I grabbed the ultimate Xbox One version during the boxing week sales on Xbox live last Christmas.  Looking forward  to SofD2!  

What do you two think about Zombi?  It's another xbox one zombi game ported over from the Wii U system.

I haven't tried Zombi yet. It's on my to-get-to list. I wasn't sure how it translated from the original ZombiU WiiU version. But sounds like it could be decent. I'll get to it sooner or later though. =)

SCREWNUT likes this