Splatterhouse

R.I.P. Bill Paxton 1955-2017

23 posts in this topic

Was a incredible actor who brought to life many of my favourite characters from some of my favourite movie series.

I love "Aliens" and his line delivery and screen presence in that film is top-notch. In what was a very intense film - by doing his job so well as an actor, he allowed the audience to take a breath - in what was an intense white-knuckle-rollercoaster of a movie. You can't doubt James Cameron's writing....but his delivery and energy made those lines memorable. I'm sure Cameron would say the same.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. 

A sad day for 80's kids (like me), and all other movie fans who were lucky enough to have watched him in film.

Rest In Peace Bill Paxton.

Thank you so much for leaving us all a legacy of incredible work. You were excellent at your craft Sir.

TWarner, Risinggrave and Mark K like this

A tough one and 61 is waaaaaaaay too early.

Aliens, True Lies, Near Dark, Twister...most recently Edge of Tomorrow. Always enjoying seeing 'Wild' Bill pop up in films and tv. RIP and thank you.

This one really hurt, he has been a familiar face in so many classic movies, most of which I consider favorites. It really is sad, especially for such a relatively young guy. 61 is hardly ancient in terms of Hollywood. Look at all the late 60s, 70-80 and even 90 year olds still rocking it. 

Rest in Peace Bill, thanks for all the laughs. 

Game over man, Game over. 

CrazyRalph likes this

^aside from lance henriksen but yeah...

Lance Henriksen was the second person.  Bill Paxton was the first and that's what makes the man awesome.

The best 'character actor' in supporting roles ever. Truly an 80's icon, and nostalgia-inducing artist. A great loss in bad times. Thank you Bill for all the memories, rest in peace brother.

SCREWNUT likes this

He was Bishop in Aliens. Had the honpr of being killed by the queen alien...well...really damaged.

But Bishop survived the Queen attack? :) It was actually Ripley that "ended" him down on the prison planet when you think about it. :)

I used to hate Alien 3....but after seeing the extended version - think it's a great film. All the crap that came after... Resurrection, AvP1&2 also shines it in a brighter light! :)

CrazyRalph likes this

Very true!

I think the Alien 3 funeral scene is arguably one of the best scenes in the franchise. Dutton and Glover master it as actors, and Eliott Goldenthal totally hits the beat with his orchestral music. I would argue that some of Lance Henriksen's line delivery in the final scene is some of his best work too. 

They tried to emulate the feel of the original alien, and as a follow up to alien, it was pretty good, but following the kick ass aliens, it paled in comparison as a follow up.

They tried to emulate the feel of the original alien, and as a follow up to alien, it was pretty good, but following the kick ass aliens, it paled in comparison as a follow up.

Agree. Alien was a classic movie that started it all. Aliens was an incredible piece of work...it was pretty much impossible to "better" anything they did afterwards. 

CrazyRalph likes this

Sad to see so many celebrities dying young over the last few years. Im glad stan lee hasnt fallen victim to the early death horror is my favourite genre but i do love me some marvel movies also

Just looked up those 3 and here are there current ages.

Stephen King - 69

Robert Englund - 69

Clive Barker - 64

Yep they sure are up there in big numbers. After looking up stan lees imdb i realised he is 94 so he isnt far from the grave now :(

CrazyRalph likes this