e.txcountryboy

e.txcountryboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAt my computer... duh

Those resident evil novels were pretty good.  They're rare to find now.   :(

Yea i think they are pretty long out of print but you can occasionally find a book from the series at book stores. plus i know that they now have e-book versions of them for the kindle.

• SCREWNUT likes this

1zqbotk.png

Darker

Darker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Clive Barker, Edgar Allan Poe, Stephen King and H.P.Lovecraft. Can't decide but leaning towards Lovecraft for his imagination.

Though I can't remember much of their works, just tiny bits.

The King of the Monsters

0012450051.jpg

"When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."

overkillexodus

overkillexodus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Stephen king

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
It's funny 'The Long Walk' was mentioned, I never meet people who know it. It's a personal favourite of mine along with 'Rage' from the Bachman books.

I'd have to say Stephen King for myself as well though Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein' is probably my favourite horror novel.

I've read a lot of classic horror but not much from the last 100 years. 'Carrie' is probably my favourite of the newer ones I've read.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Oddly enough, I don't really read much horror outside of my Pathfinder RPG Bestiaries. Sure, I've checked out "Hate, Kill, Repeat" starring our favorite F13 villain, and a few other horror titles over the years, but most often the horror is balanced by heroes who are too competent to have me scared for them. Things like Jonathan Maberry's Joe Ledger series.  

Gord Rollo's "The Jigsaw Man" was a good read. It's a pretty twisted Frankenstein sort of book. 

Dennis Lehane's "Darkness, Take my Hand" is my favorite serial killer based novel. Hell it is my favorite novel. 

Clow00

Clow00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Stephen king

I love "IT", i already read it like 3 times.

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Stephen king

I love "IT", i already read it like 3 times.

Are you excited for the new movie?

"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

Mark K

Mark K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMichigan
Robert R. Mcammon, hands down, his novels read like films that suck you in and visualize your imagination.
The 80's Twilight Zone tv series did one of his stories entitled "Nightcrawlers". The story was about a Special Forces/Ranger team in Vietnam, whose members were forced to take an experimental drug that had side effects unforeseen...whatever they thought about, would materialize in real life! The team was ambushed on a recon mission and all but one were killed. That one vet came home and would dream of his buddies coming back to get him, and wherever he went, those undead soldiers would return and shoot up everything and everyone.

I also had an affinity for Peter Benchley, I didn't care for his style, but loved his marine based stories.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horror, Writing, Books, Fiction, Stephen King, John Saul, Author

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users