Posted Image

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUnited States
Well I hope you have lots of fun getting abandoned by people who find the keys to the 4 seater you've already repaired. Because that's literally what will constantly happen without even the slightest incentive to pick people up.

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Well I hope you have lots of fun getting abandoned by people who find the keys to the 4 seater you've already repaired. Because that's literally what will constantly happen without even the slightest incentive to pick people up.

Can just escape by the cops then if that happens or just survive the 20 min game

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Ralph Wiggum777

Ralph Wiggum777

• Moderators
  • 467 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

yes ive seen all the movies and it never ends well when they go looking for their friends after knowing jason is on the loose

Actually, in the recent remake, the entire premise of the movie is a guy looking for his missing sister and he ends up saving her from Jason's home and he still survives at the end. All the other kids there to party at the lake are the ones that are killed...

Teams optional in all scenarios, team play even has disavantages.

Not evidence for a team game.

If teaming up is an organic gameplay option, then that means it's a team based game. Doesn't mean it's exclusively a team based game, but it is part of the design and the developers have to take the team-up dynamic into account when designing ideas and balancing the game. When broken down to it's base game components, the counselors are 7 team members trying to defeat a singular enemy in any way possible. Just cause people CAN play solo and try to survive doesn't mean they're not still on a team. No differently than a basketball player could take every shot when he gets the ball to try and win, but he's not always going to be successful.

• SHODANFreeman and DialM like this

makred78

makred78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Actually, in the recent remake, the entire premise of the movie is a guy looking for his missing sister and he ends up saving her from Jason's home and he still survives at the end. All the other kids there to party at the lake are the ones that are killed...

If teaming up is an organic gameplay option, then that means it's a team based game. Doesn't mean it's exclusively a team based game, but it is part of the design and the developers have to take the team-up dynamic into account when designing ideas and balancing the game. When broken down to it's base game components, the counselors are 7 team members trying to defeat a singular enemy in any way possible. Just cause people CAN play solo and try to survive doesn't mean they're not still on a team. No differently than a basketball player could take every shot when he gets the ball to try and win, but he's not always going to be successful.

To be fair, like you said, in the 2009 film Clay is searching for his sister. Not only is it the main plot of the movie but he's the main character and she's related to him. And yes, he succeeded at finding her but considering the ending scene at the wooden dock, whether they survived or not is pure speculation. There's a scene in the same movie, where Lawrence goes out looking for Chewie, and I think it's a good example of what happens when a lesser character is looking for someone who is missing.

Also imo, saying that since teaming up is a gameplay option it means that it's a team based game, is as much false as saying since you can go on your own it means it's a solo game. Neither are correct because both are optional ways to play, teaming up is a choice as much as going alone. In the game you're just individuals that may decide to team up or not. Ben himself said it: "...it is you vs. Jason, not you and your team vs. Jason. Your goal is to survive; accomplish that any way you can :).".

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

I'm guessing he got them both. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=4WU0JTF4Ke8

• DialM likes this

GrandMasterLynx

GrandMasterLynx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

So if your family were waiting in a nearby cabin, safe from Jason, and you drove past flipping them off, they'd be glad you escaped without them?

Talking about if they were being attacked they would rather you escape and survive they wouldn't want you to die

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Yes but that is before he is even in the camp and knows jason even exists. Its not till he sees the creepy old lady that he enters the camp along with the other kids he met earlier.

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

JasonVsWindows

JasonVsWindows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
We don't need inventive. If you make helping people because of xp then your taking away the immersion. Because then it's not about being a hero or good person it's about getting paid more points.

Shodan I think you underestimate how different people's mind set can be. Not every one needs a reason to not be an ass, some people will want to help others because its in their nature to want to help.

The unpredictable nature of other players is what excites me about this game. If everyone played this game the same way every time then it will it old fast. I plan to role play as both the hero and the traitor when the game comes out.

200_s.gif#26

Mark K

Mark K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMichigan
I still would love to see an After Action Review, in the form of news coverage, paramedics, police, and newspaper headlines. Showing xp and who did what. Extra xp for assists would be fine, as would xp for being a 'capital douche'. It will be very interesting to see what the devs do with this. ;)

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Go play a survival game like DayZ, Rust, Conan Exiles, etc. and then come back and tell me how good natured people are, and how willing they are to help each other.

Mr_Trapper

Mr_Trapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

I'd say team-work can actually be a BAD THING. 

Hear me out, the chances of Jason seeing one of you because you're scared or making too much sound increases, and when he finds all of you; the plan is ruined and you scatter like a fart in the wind. 

Honestly, I found a bit of reassurance listening to other players die because it meant Jason wasn't coming after me, I had a good few games where I repaired the car all on my own as Chad, and had to travel alot of the map to find the bits I needed, but when I turned the key and drove past the other survivors; I felt pretty good.

Another point to mention is that when you're with someone else, you could be working together fine but when Jason comes and chases the other person; they often show you up on purpose to try and get Jason to attack you.

Nah, when I play as the jock i'm looking out for myself, i'll take my chances.

tumblr_o8bxu0P4qX1rkctppo1_500.gif

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
The Funny thing is ... IF you leave your friends behind you could get friends mad at you in the end almost like real life lol!!!!

Oh and I agree with Mark! News coverage idea would be funny as hell
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Go play a survival game like DayZ, Rust, Conan Exiles, etc. and then come back and tell me how good natured people are, and how willing they are to help each other.

That's what makes those games fun.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

JasonVsWindows

JasonVsWindows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

As Resolution said that is part of the fun of those games, also in those games people are usually killing each other to loot them, so they are getting rewarded something for that behavior. In this game theirs not much worth looting people for and taking away a distraction from Jason would not be in your favor, so we are never going to see things get that bad.

The main concern you brought up is that you think people will always just drive in the car by themselves unless you incentivize them. But we already know for a fact that is not true. Some people will stop to save another if they can, you can't know for sure what action a individual will take. I'm not saying everyone is good natured but not everyone is bad either, that unpredictability is what is going to keep things interesting.

200_s.gif#26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users