EpSy

Points on the end of the match

75 posts in this topic

Hello, so I've been thinking about end of the matches and points we earn, so what about if you have a key and other put gas and battery and you just leave alone...that's kinda bad right ? What about that guy receive less points for escaping alone ? And get more points if he takes teammates, so in this way he can think about to risk time and go with teammates or just go alone ? I don't know how this sounds for you maybe that's already there (or going to be) so I don't know, I've been just thinking.

SHODANFreeman and Mark K like this

This isn't a team game.

Teamplay is entirely optional, but the only goal is that YOU escape.  Nobody else really matters at the end of the day (except arguably if you're Tommy Jarvis).

If you want to drive off to leave your friends to die, that's entirely possible.  Even so, you have three other means of escape; Boat, Police, and good ol' Survival.  I'd be fine with a tiny award but not something you should risk your own life over.

In fact, I'd argue being left behind is one of the most fun parts of this game.  It makes for awesome gameplay moments, even if the guy is doing it to be a dick and not to survive.

Yeah I know it's not a team game and yeah I found that really funny and more interesting when someone leave you behind and you have to survive rest of the time or call cops. I just gave opinion what i was thinking so...I like that goal that only YOU escape.

Yeah I know it's not a team game and yeah I found that really funny and more interesting when someone leave you behind and you have to survive rest of the time or call cops. I just gave opinion what i was thinking so...I like that goal that only YOU escape.

Then I'm confused about your objection.  Is there an objection?

It most certainly IS a team game, and so were the movies.  Nearly every single time someone got separated or left behind, they tried to go back for them.  There were very very few characters who only tried to save themselves.

It most certainly IS a team game, and so were the movies. Nearly every single time someone got separated or left behind, they tried to go back for them. There were very very few characters who only tried to save themselves.

Please explain to me how this is a team game.

Give me one thing I cannot refute.

Fixing the car? It goes faster with everyone looking for parts. Calling the cops? Someone fixes the box while someone uses the phone inside? It can be done by yourself yes but just goes faster with teammates. And you want to get out asap.

Fixing the car? It goes faster with everyone looking for parts. Calling the cops? Someone fixes the box while someone uses the phone inside? It can be done by yourself yes but just goes faster with teammates. And you want to get out asap.

Teams optional in all scenarios, team play even has disavantages.

Not evidence for a team game.

It most certainly IS a team game, and so were the movies.  Nearly every single time someone got separated or left behind, they tried to go back for them.  There were very very few characters who only tried to save themselves.

Not accurate working in a team is completely optional. yes working as a team will give u more chance to survive but u can totally do any of the escape routes on your own it may take longer and u will probably die 50% or more of the time trying to escape.

yes ive seen all the movies and it never ends well when they go looking for their friends after knowing jason is on the loose

The point is, you're supposed to try to help each other, and adding rewards for more players surviving would help ensure players are willing to cooperate and help each other.  I think even dead players should get an XP bonus based on how many players survive, pro-rated for how long they were alive.

Experience is earned by actions realized during match, so if you escape, at the end of the match you'll get what you deserve by your actions.

I've said this before but if there is a working car and people are just standing around, I'm taking the car. Especially now that you can run people over that don't get out of the way. If I take an xp hit so be it. God I can't wait to play.

The point is, you're supposed to try to help each other, and adding rewards for more players surviving would help ensure players are willing to cooperate and help each other.  I think even dead players should get an XP bonus based on how many players survive, pro-rated for how long they were alive.

Yes but i was just saying u dont have to. Overall it is better to work in a team but totally not a compulsory thing to do.

What I'm saying is that is true it's totally optional to escape alone or help teammates, but if you choose to help them you get more points, you can just escape alone and get points for sure or easy points, but if you want more points you will help your team, yes it's optional i know but it should be rewarded for more teamwork, that's what i'm saying, i don't know if that's going to be if yes then it's fine.

SHODANFreeman likes this

The point is, you're supposed to try to help each other, and adding rewards for more players surviving would help ensure players are willing to cooperate and help each other. I think even dead players should get an XP bonus based on how many players survive, pro-rated for how long they were alive.

No, you're not SUPPOSED to help each other. I have no idea where you're getting that idea.

And rewarding teamwork would take away all the fun of surviving on your own or just being an asshole. You're punishing people for not playing a certain way, or not rewarding them.

That's not good for this game. I don't want team competitive cancer like DbD I want the option to lone wolf and not be held back for it.

Teamwork has its own advantages it doesn't need to be rewarded; incteases your chance of surviving why should we reward basic common sense?

No, you're not SUPPOSED to help each other. I have no idea where you're getting that idea.

And rewarding teamwork would take away all the fun of surviving on your own or just being an asshole. You're punishing people for not playing a certain way, or not rewarding them.

That's not good for this game. I don't want team competitive cancer like DbD I want the option to lone wolf and not be held back for it.

Teamwork has its own advantages it doesn't need to be rewarded; incteases your chance of surviving why should we reward basic common sense?

Again, have you literally never seen the films?  There's effectively zero instances in which a character just scampers off and leaves their friend to die a hideous death.  Often, they try to save them and end up getting killed themselves for their trouble.  This being a game based on those films, it stands to reason that you'd be encouraged to help other players escape via increased risk with an increased reward.  No one is saying you CAN'T just run off and be a selfish jerk, we're just saying it logically follows the films to encourage players to work together to escape.  I'm not sure why you're so against encouraging teamwork.

Again, have you literally never seen the films? There's effectively zero instances in which a character just scampers off and leaves their friend to die a hideous death. Often, they try to save them and end up getting killed themselves for their trouble. This being a game based on those films, it stands to reason that you'd be encouraged to help other players escape via increased risk with an increased reward. No one is saying you CAN'T just run off and be a selfish jerk, we're just saying it logically follows the films to encourage players to work together to escape. I'm not sure why you're so against encouraging teamwork.

Alice

I think i can agree now, teamwork is optional now but shouldn't be awarded, but just makes you to escape faster...Well we will see how devs look at this.

That wouldn't be cool at all to get less XP if you escape on your own so if I escape with the cops that would mean I escaped on my own so I would get less XP

I'm at the car nobody is near me I'm ready to go so I gotta wait for somebody to show up I tell them the car is ready but nobody can hear if since they don't have a mic

I'm in the car Jason is chasing somebody I wait for them it takes the animation to long for them to get into the car and Jason kills me

I'm sorry but if this is what we had to deal with to not get less XP I wouldn't really want to play

If this game was IRL and you were the counsoler you would say screw everybody once the car is fixed or anything to do with escaping is fixed wouldn't you?

So with everything in mind that would be a really stupid thing for them to do to give us less XP

I agree. If I get into a car and people are not around, I'm leaving. I can see getting extra xp for a full car, but I don't think you should be penalized for leaving by yourself.