Impactedmedal38

Best and Worst kills in the game so far.

49 posts in this topic

wouldn't know, i only saw 7 total executions in the game. 4 of them i saw over and over and over and over again.

Sucks that there's so much variety you just won't get to utilize because it's so circumstancial. now, i get you can't do the fireplace kill without actually having a fireplace near, but it's about range. If you grab someone on the porch outside a cabin with a fireplace inside, you wil not have the range to go there at all if the person is fighting you (which they should, because y'know. survival.)

The window kill for both. It's awesome when there's actually glass and it's on the second story. It's awful when Jason just throws the counsellor through an open window and then there's blood somehow all over the window. 

SHODANFreeman likes this

I like to think the devs will make it take longer for counselors to struggle out of Jason's grasp while also making the grab-kills become available to him more slowly. If they do that, Jason should have more time to find an environmental kill while also allowing fellow counselors more time to save their friend. It'd also lead to less dead-as-soon-as-he-grabs-you moments and more diversity in the deaths  :). I don't think it'd be too frustrating for Jason because if there are no other counselors around, he'd still be able to secure the kill like he normally would. If there are other counselors around to save their friend, well.. I think it'd encourage Jasons to isolate their victims and, failing that, whack at them, which would make the combat system more relevant, too. I think I entered combat mode in the beta like, twice. Maybe. I just want to see more environmentals, honestly. The devs put so much work into them  :wub:.

I like to think the devs will make it take longer for counselors to struggle out of Jason's grasp while also making the grab-kills become available to him more slowly. If they do that, Jason should have more time to find an environmental kill while also allowing fellow counselors more time to save their friend. It'd also lead to less dead-as-soon-as-he-grabs-you moments and more diversity in the deaths  :). I don't think it'd be too frustrating for Jason because if there are no other counselors around, he'd still be able to secure the kill like he normally would. If there are other counselors around to save their friend, well.. I think it'd encourage Jasons to isolate their victims and, failing that, whack at them, which would make the combat system more relevant, too. I think I entered combat mode in the beta like, twice. Maybe. I just want to see more environmentals, honestly. The devs put so much work into them  :wub:.

I had a theory during the beta that if you smacked them twice and grabbed, it'd last longer. Never really got to try it though since i got a functional match as jason maybe 3 times total, and i use the word loosely. Nowhere to actually see that explained either so meh.

Keep in mind, a lot of the kills in the beta can be replaced in your loadout eventually.

Yeah, but that doesn't include things that require particular objects. Hanging off a tree, fireplace, the sleeping bag one, the water and more. So y'know. Would still want the option to diversify more.

My favourite of the films by far is the backbreaker, a simple yet really cool move. I messaged the devs and asked if it would be implemented, and I loved seeing it in the newest trailer, I'm gonna love shouting "BACKBREAKER" in my luchador voice when I get to use it. These devs rock.

In motion, it's totally the Jason X backbreaker, as well. The way that Kane swings them around by the leg to drop them on the floor after.

Don't know the worst, best/most cringeworthy are definitely the marshmallow stick, both the grounded and standing double arm chop/head decapitation, and the spear through the head.

Who can't love that sleeping bag kill?

But my favorite kill so far is actually two kills that was brought in the new killers trailer, one where they brought the part 7 kill when Ben's jaw was broken off and the second was the fire ax tomahawk kill!

After seeing that last video I have to say it's the ax uppercut. ???? That one made me cringe.

oh and the worst i would say is the Jason kill in the beta where he kills someone from throwing them through a glass window, when you can do that to escape and you don't die from that.

Update for the new video. I love uppercut axe, spike-in-the-ground and punch through kills. Oh also, axe-throw is awesome.

I was a little disappointed by the slam down onto the tree stump. It felt like a stomp to the chest or head was next but it was just a choke slam. Nice, but it just seemed like more was needed compared to the brutality of others.

Poetic_Injustice likes this

I really enjoyed the back-breaker (just wicked brutal), although it makes sense with the small counselors like Deb and Tiffany. It might look funny when Jason snaps Adam over his knee LOL. That spear to the head was also pretty terrifying. I like how the counselors look like they're fighting back with these newer animations. Some of the ones in the beta like the pickaxe to the base of the neck were cool, but they didn't really struggle. Now they're punching him and pushing him away. He just don't give a damn. Savage.

Didn't really like the jaw-ripper. It was definitely brutal - I just can't fathom having Jason's nasty ass fingers (P6/7/8/9. Ew.) in my mouth  :wacko:

Think they've done an excellent job with the kills. Don't like the backbreaker kill though. Just looks like a wrestling move. It wouldn't kill someone instantly either. Absolutely pales in comparison to the Sheriff Garris kill it is based on. Considering it was a stretch goal...would've rather have seen the money spent elsewhere.

On the whole though, most of the kills are excellent and totally fit Jason lore. The head getting pushed down the spear would be a classic, memorable kill from any classic Friday movie.

If some of the simpler kills aren't so impressive, quick stab and fall over deals, I could imagine that it might be handy for me to have at least one of that kind in my selection list. For the times where I don't want/have the time for an extended 10-15 second scene but still want a cutscene kill (and XP) rather than slashing my melee attack.

If some of the simpler kills aren't so impressive, quick stab and fall over deals, I could imagine that it might be handy for me to have at least one of that kind in my selection list. For the times where I don't want/have the time for an extended 10-15 second scene but still want a cutscene kill (and XP) rather than slashing my melee attack.

That's a good point. I didn't get a chance to play as Jason during the beta but I'll have to keep in mind that the longer the kill, the more time everyone has to scatter.

They said in the full game there were over 200 kills...well...i hope so, cause the handful or 10 or so already seen are old and burned out to me now. Def needs more variations or options of change up as far as dispatching victims.

I doubt 200 but would be cool!

CWJ7KZ9.gif

The eyes get me everytime! Really is an incredible piece of work by Illfonic! Such is the nature of all slasher movies...many kills can look over-the-top - but this looks chillingly authentic. He actually has the face of death. As I've said before, if this were a kill from the original series - it would be one of the most popular memorable kills of all time, to this day.  That's how good it is. 

I doubt 200 but would be cool!

I may be wrong but I think they said 40-50 kills during the last panel? They may have been answering a different question or I may just have it wrong. Anyone remember?

Favorites - door, fire, all of the fire axe ones from the trailer and the toilet

Disliked - water pull under, throw out window (1 story open window) basic choking and head punch off kill

My favorite so far is the poker down the throat kill and my least favorite is the drowning in the toilet kill. That water and animation in that kill doesn't look great but game isn't out yet so it could get tweaked.