• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

CreepingDeath

CreepingDeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

It looks like all the time near extreme heat reduced the bloat around his skin that was on display in JGTH, the heat also turned his skin into basically a leather or jerky.

I'm not really a fan of the perfectly symmetrical face, as was said previously, the deformity and irregularity sort of was a staple of the character.

However, in a sort of afterlife-lore, isnt your spirit supposed to be freed by the bonds of mortality? You know, if you were deformed or maybe had a missing limb in life, in afterlife your 'spirit form' (for lack of a better term) would be the way you were always meant to be. I mean could you imagine showing up in the afterlife and still being in a wheelchair, or with crutches or a debilitating disease? Maybe this is meant to be the pure version of Jason's soul that ended up in hell, only to be roasted by the fires and demons of hell for ages until this husk was all that was left. 

This would sort of explain why the damage to his body and face is inconsistent with his injuries in the series, but his mask retains the damage from before.

I think its cool to look at it, and sort of like alternate universe Jason. More options isn't a bad thing when it comes to character selection. 

• DamonD7, ResolutionBlaze and The Phanthom Nico like this

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

I like the design except that Jason has face deformities in the other movies with one eye lower than the other and his head is deformed. This Jason has neither .  I'm hoping for Jason 4 in DLC. That is the one that scared the hell out of me and he was still human form then before taking that shot to the face from Tommy.

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationChile
I really liked the design. Not what I expected, but not bad. Now that I realize, we have 3 types of Jasons. The "humans", the "undead" and the "special" (Uber, or in this case, hell Jason).

Of course, if we continue in the way of custom Jason, it would be good to bring another alternative design, like this one.

demonJason_banner.jpgdemon_jason_bust_turnaround_by_michaello-

That way I'd like to see a demon Jason. Although of course, we need more human / runners, either part 4 or Roy Burns, or the idea of the teen version

• AZATIONIE, Juez and JasonVsWindows like this

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

That Demon Jason Bust look pretty sweet,it's demonic,skeletal and also  a bit kinda alien like in design.

And while he doesnt look much recognizable,there's is a few elements to remind us that it is Jason,like the red scar representing the axe cut mark and the right eye is bigger than the left eye.

I'll have to agree that it would be interesting if after the game release from time to time GunMedia made 1 or more design contests that peoples could participate in to add some new Jason designs to the game,i myself have some pretty good ideas that are lingering in my mind.

• The Phanthom Nico likes this

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationChile

That Demon Jason Bust look pretty sweet,it's demonic,skeletal and also  a bit kinda alien like in design.

And while he doesnt look much recognizable,there's is a few elements to remind us that it is Jason,like the red scar representing the axe cut mark and the right eye is bigger than the left eye.

I'll have to agree that it would be interesting if after the game release from time to time GunMedia made 1 or more design contests that peoples could participate in to add some new Jason designs to the game,i myself have some pretty good ideas that are lingering in my mind.

completely agree with you. It is a good idea, I also have many ideas regarding designs :3 It's a shame they can't use the remake or FvJ design.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

I really liked the design. Not what I expected, but not bad. Now that I realize, we have 3 types of Jasons. The "humans", the "undead" and the "special" (Uber, or in this case, hell Jason).

Of course, if we continue in the way of custom Jason, it would be good to bring another alternative design, like this one.demonJason_banner.jpgdemon_jason_bust_turnaround_by_michaello-

That way I'd like to see a demon Jason. Although of course, we need more human / runners, either part 4 or Roy Burns, or the idea of the teen version

This is the direction I thought they'd go in, if not teenage Jason.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
This direction would be better than that mortal kombat x 2.0 that they went with.
  • bewareofbears likes this

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

Of course, if we continue in the way of custom Jason, it would be good to bring another alternative design, like this one.

Looks like something right up Darrin H's alley. 

• DialM likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Dont start!!!^^^^
  • TWarner and DialM like this

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

Seems like these ideas are getting further and further from the original F13 concept. I myself could come up with several ideas in relation to the movies for single player missions that would stay within the first 4 movies.

IronKnight55

IronKnight55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationScotland

Looks like something right up Darrin H's alley. 

Very true! I think Darrin would be thrilled to have that Jason in the game, lol.

JasonVoorhees13

JasonVoorhees13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Locationpanama city beach, florida

i would have like to seen a jason between pt9-x. freddy brought jason back from hell in fvj. So this has already been done. I prefer the fvj over the tom's cartoon jason here. I was to say in jason x someone said jason already had regeneration abilities. I just like the more human flesh tone jason/ deformed human feel. this jason just looks thrown together last min and reminds me of character i would have liked as a child. Cant get over the straight up ghost rider feel of this jason.

the way hobbs was talking was this isnt truly toms jason. its more of guns jason. I just dont think tom would have made a jason this silly on is own.

• CrazyRalph and bewareofbears like this

Signature too large, please check rules for correct sizing. 

-management. 

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
At this point I wish we wouldve got any other Jason, part 4, Roy, FVJ, or Jason x instead of Toms. The Toms is a disappointment. Just because Tom is an efx legend doesnt automatically make evrything he comes up with gold.
  • JasonVoorhees13 and bewareofbears like this

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
I would have preferred the reveal of this coming from Tom Savini himself, explaining his thought process. It does kind of feel like Gun's Jason and not Tom Savini's. I would like to hear more about his involvement.
  • JasonVoorhees13 and DialM like this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
I hope you can "hear" his Flaming eyes burning!??! That would be badass!!
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Mr_Trapper

Mr_Trapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

I love the look, and love the fact that we get to play with Savini's own design, I feel honored.

tumblr_o8bxu0P4qX1rkctppo1_500.gif

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationU.S.

I'm not getting the hate.

Sure if you're a purist, this may not be your Jason, but this is still a badass design. As an alternate skin, I'm not seeing the issue. 

• SHODANFreeman and The Razor's Edge like this

JasonVsWindows

JasonVsWindows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I like it so far. Except for his face, I would prefer he still had his deformity and look a bit more decomposed.

His face reminds me of Injustice 2's Scarecrow

200_s.gif#26

AZATIONIE

AZATIONIE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPhoenix az

I could get into this version looks really cool, thats a face that'll scare you

You can dig 1 hole 6 ft deep or you can dig 6 holes 1 ft deep, that's just murder math LOL

The Razor's Edge

The Razor's Edge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Pre order today? Heh, no. 

I ordered that shit last year, suckers.

Me too.  B)

• Risinggrave likes this

PSN: TheRazorsEdge22