GunMedia_Ben

Savini-designed skin sneak peek

263 posts in this topic

When he first walked by the window and we only briefly see him? Fuckin' A! That shit was scary.

I feel bad for the folks who missed out on this one. 

Also shifting inside the cabin? And the music. Yeah, this shit is badass. 

tyrant666 likes this

I highly doubt it is, like the original spear. I'm willing to bet they were just placeholders, at least the spear was. 

I can tell you atm, at least according to the Jasons in the Virtual Cabin, that's the only one. The VC Jasons have a variety of axes, a machete, and the metal pike from 6. So I'm guessing that trident pitchfork is probably it for the moment.

That's a shame.  Really wanted to have the spear and pitchfork even though they're really just placeholders.

Maybe one day they can make them more unique so that the other Jasons can have it.

Serious question...

Just noticed the different "Jason music"... is it a total revamp or now character based???

I hope it's the latter.  That'd be the perfect uniqueness to music we need.

Unclear, all we know is its in the game. Very interesting tho! I wonder if there is more?

If it's character based (part 3, 6 etc) that is absolutely amazing. If this is the new replacement music for all... disappointing. it's good but not as good as the more classic music that was played in the beta.

I hope it's the latter.  That'd be the perfect uniqueness to music we need.

Totally agree. 

Serious question...

Just noticed the different "Jason music"... is it a total revamp or now character based???

Gun???

It's probably randomly generated from a number of different tracks. 

It's probably randomly generated from a number of different tracks. 

That would be the "Middle man" choice.

If it's character based (part 3, 6 etc) that is absolutely amazing. If this is the new replacement music for all... disappointing. it's good but not as good as the more classic music that was played in the beta.

Totally agree. 

Confirmation by Wes on Discord:

"Each Jason will have unique music"

Nothingface, Gdain, ikarikh and 3 others like this

Tell him i want to make love to him.

No homo though.

IDK... Unique music for EVERY Jason? It may get a little Homo.

Well, that settles it in my eyes - Jason escaped from Hell by beating up the Devil then stealing his pitchfork :P

My toughts ?

I like it,i really like the fire/ashes particles effects coming out of him,it definitely give him quite the presence even when looking at him from afar.

Also,from the look of it,it seem that his body shape (shoulders and arm muscles) is similarly muscular to that of the Part 3 model,Jason as been working out,getting himself back in top shape so he can show his victims that he's being serious this time around.

And the music is really menacing,Jason isnt f****ng around anymore.

As for the whole 'the farm pitchfork and part 2 spear were just placeholders',you should wait before saying that,the devs havent confirmed anything yet on the subject of Jason's main arsenal,so dont spew non-senses.

I guess this question asks itself but why do a full reveal of the Savini skin after the point at which it could be purchased? Seems a little antagonizing to be honest.

I'm not big on the trident but that's just me personally- I associate tridents with Aquaman and the Little Mermaid's Dad.

Happy to hear there's unique music for each Jason. :)

1st2Die and Nothingface like this

I guess this question asks itself but why do a full reveal of the Savini skin after the point at which it could be purchased? Seems a little antagonizing to be honest.

I'm not big on the trident but that's just me personally- I associate tridents with Aquaman and the Little Mermaid's Dad.

Happy to hear there's unique music for each Jason. :)

You just made me picture Neptune with a hockey mask....

Do it again.

I thought it would be the devils pitch fork. ghost rider jason is still just ok in my book. whish he had more of a flesh tone like part 9. but the music is very bad. I dont like it at all

I thought it would be the devils pitch fork. ghost rider jason is still just ok in my book. whish he had more of a flesh tone like part 9. but the music is very bad. I dont like it at all

I disagree! But that's what opinions are for.

If you did buy the Skin and dislike it I came across some interesting news... apparently if the skin is given out in code form folks are offering others big $$ for this skin now that you cant get it anymore.

Apparently Gun/Illphonic just created a potentially hot collectors item.

SciGuy and JasonVoorhees13 like this

I'm very happy with the skin! I swear that I'm not Darrin who somehow made himself another account, but having one Jason skin that is very supernatural, occult, demon looking is extremely cool!

I didn't buy it because I will ONLY be playing counselor, but I will LOVE playing against him.

It will make the games where he is picked feel very different. Jason, human or undead, feels like a personnal vendetta, coming back to take vengeance for the counselors who let him die and killed his mom, but this skin feels otherworldly, Satan coming to Earth to punish the bad teens and drag them to hell. I'm happy!

Babalonkie likes this

I didn't buy it because I will ONLY be playing counselor, but I will LOVE playing against him.

So if the game random picks you as Jason, you gonna bounce or something?

The creators have hinted that you will be able to "Opt Out" of playing Jason.

So you can say, Nah! I like survivor! And let the folks who want to play Jason play him.

Ok. Last I had heard, this wasn't going to be a thing. 

So if the game random picks you as Jason, you gonna bounce or something?

The creators have hinted that you will be able to "Opt Out" of playing Jason.

So you can say, Nah! I like survivor! And let the folks who want to play Jason play him.

They recently confirmed on Twitter that you would get to set a preference! As many people seem to be hell-bent on playing him, I'm pretty sure that the odds are in my favor that I'll get to never play him!

Babalonkie likes this