GunMedia_Ben

Savini-designed skin sneak peek

260 posts in this topic

Darrin...i hate to break it to you...but Jasons a psychopathic killer not a fucking witch.

we dont know what may be added to the franchise.

Ralph is right; personally, I'm also pretty sure that there won't be any witches or anything relating to them involved at any point in the franchise's near future. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any 'official' explanation to Jason's powers; the closest thing I remember reading was something to do with Freddy vs Jason vs Ash, and in the comic it was implied that the Necronomicon was involved. That's about as black magic as Friday the 13th will get, in my humble opinion of course. 

I pre-ordered the game, counselor clothing pack and the Savini skin a while back, and after seeing the teaser reveal yesterday I just had to say "wow" out loud. I can imagine that Tom's custom skin will be one that is loosely based on what would happen after part 9. Jason progressed throughout the films from a more deformed, human appearance into a supernatural being; part 6 being the turning point. Judging mainly by the flames than anything else, personally I would say that Tom's Jason is his own vision of what Jason would be like if he continued progressing into the realm of the supernatural.

I would really like the flames to be part of the skin. I wouldn't complain if it was present from the beginning of a round to the end, but it would be really cool if it was either manually triggered like an on/off effect, or if it was triggered by certain conditions (i.e.: the mid-way point in a game when Jason gets the rage ability), or even just when he uses sense! Either way, I personally am very pleased with what I've seen so far :) 

Risinggrave likes this

Looks really impressive. Is this something those of us who preordered the game get or do we have to order this separately?

Gotta pre-order it separately :) You can get it on the Backer Kit (found here). The counselor clothing pack costs more than it and it's only $6 anyway, so get it whilst you can if you want it.

i cant wait to see the franchise add more of a occultic mysterious supernatural part to friday the 13th. i cant count how many idiots ive argued with.they keep saying dumb shit like Darrin,Jasons a psychopathic killer not a fucking witch. i think hes both.

It would ruin f13 for me if the had a demon/alien looking jason in the movies. the scariest movies of all and what made jason movies intense is that it was a posibility of it could really happen. a psycho mad man living in the would and killing people it happens or could happen. aliens and demons have yet to be proven. plus evey game since nes has had demons/aliens i think the first real jason movie should be more towards jason not out of the box crazy concepts. I get it that its a concept but should still relate to the story line somewhere. not a huge fan of the zombie jason but about as far as i can see jason going is 6-9/10.

but like someone else said this jason could just be torn cloths and i hope so. I also hope that the ghost rider effect is able to be turned off or just for this little teaser. who really want to see a jack o lantern running threw the woods.

the scariest movies of all and what made jason movies intense is that it was a posibility of it could really happen. a psycho mad man living in the would and killing people it happens or could happen. aliens and demons have yet to be proven.

Well technically Jason was never a man, he died as a child and was brought back from what's most likely a curse. Jason even being alive suggests that the supernatural exists in the Friday the 13th franchise, so it's not completely unrealistic to say that for this skin, Jason has been changed by something more than just the curse that kept him alive.

I ordered it long ago knowing that if Savini was creating it ..It would be awesome !  As far as anything not previously related to the F13 movies or world I think that would be dumb. Occult Ect....NO !

Well technically Jason was never a man, he died as a child and was brought back from what's most likely a curse. Jason even being alive suggests that the supernatural exists in the Friday the 13th franchise, so it's not completely unrealistic to say that for this skin, Jason has been changed by something more than just the curse that kept him alive.

Body never found, didn't drown, didn't die, survived in the woods, whatever brought him back didn't happen until after his first true death at the end of Part 4.

If he had died as a child and had been brought back by a curse, then it'd be a muddy zombified lil disabled kid stalking around camp Crystal Lake, not a grown man. He grew, dead bodies don't.

It would ruin f13 for me if the had a demon/alien looking jason in the movies. the scariest movies of all and what made jason movies intense is that it was a posibility of it could really happen. a psycho mad man living in the would and killing people it happens or could happen. aliens and demons have yet to be proven. plus evey game since nes has had demons/aliens i think the first real jason movie should be more towards jason not out of the box crazy concepts. I get it that its a concept but should still relate to the story line somewhere. not a huge fan of the zombie jason but about as far as i can see jason going is 6-9/10.

but like someone else said this jason could just be torn cloths and i hope so. I also hope that the ghost rider effect is able to be turned off or just for this little teaser. who really want to see a jack o lantern running threw the woods.

Body never found, didn't drown, didn't die, survived in the woods, whatever brought him back didn't happen until after his first true death at the end of Part 4.

If he had died as a child and had been brought back by a curse, then it'd be a muddy zombified lil disabled kid stalking around camp Crystal Lake, not a grown man. He grew, dead bodies don't.

Lets be ENTIRELY honest for a second... The F13 continuity from a plot standpoint is a fucking mess.

1 - 2 never explains how Jason is still around YEARS after he died.

And that lead to a lot of mystery, was it supernatural? Did he just survive and hide from his mother? Did his mother KNOW he survived and go out for revenge anyway?

It was always a mystery. And most folks prefer it that way.

HOWEVER! In the J9 continuity, (Which is WIDELY considered non canon) They kind of give is an answer, his mom in her grief used the Necronomicon to raise Jason, but he came back deformed as a kind of Deadite monster.

This skin seems to exist in the J9 space, so don't worry about it "Not being Jason like", Its a non canon Jason anyway.

Just Like JGTH, Freddy Vs Jason and Jason X.. its all in good fun, don't take it too seriously.

I agree with Nothingface's post; I guess some people will make whatever they can from the pieces but I don't think there's ever been a 100% confirmation. I was just under the impression (and going by what the characters in FvJ say) that Jason drowned in the lake and was brought back by a curse. Other people say Necronomicon, some say he didn't die, but there's no true answer. What's 100% certain though is there are supernatural elements present, which make Savini's burning face/mask skin completely plausible :)

I love how we are talking about realism...

When Jason has been human, superhuman, a zombie, a demon, and a freaking cyborg.

ShankerOne likes this

I love how we are talking about realism...

When Jason has been human, superhuman, a zombie, a demon, and a freaking cyborg.

He's also been stabbed, shot, hung, hit in the face with an axe, set on fire, raked across the face with the fan blades of a boat engine, had his head chopped up with a machete (and a tractor I might add), drowned (more than once), impaled with a fence post that was then struck by lightning (and that just woke him up all pissed off), hit in the head with a shovel, electrocuted, impaled by nails and other objects by a pissed off psychic, blown up in an epic fireball explosion, melted with acid, drowned in toxic waste, was blown apart by a mortar, came back and possessed people, went to hell, came back again, survived a fight to the death with dream-walking killer Freddy Kruger, was cryogenically frozen, woke up in the future, was blown to pieces by an android, came back yet again, this time as Cyborg Jason, was shot out an airlock into space, fell through Earth's orbit, crashed in Crystal Lake, and we all know he walked away.

Supernatural you say. Poppycock. I don't know where this silly talk comes from.  :rolleyes:

Lets be ENTIRELY honest for a second... The F13 continuity from a plot standpoint is a fucking mess.

1 - 2 never explains how Jason is still around YEARS after he died.

And that lead to a lot of mystery, was it supernatural? Did he just survive and hide from his mother? Did his mother KNOW he survived and go out for revenge anyway?

It was always a mystery. And most folks prefer it that way.

HOWEVER! In the J9 continuity, (Which is WIDELY considered non canon) They kind of give is an answer, his mom in her grief used the Necronomicon to raise Jason, but he came back deformed as a kind of Deadite monster.

This skin seems to exist in the J9 space, so don't worry about it "Not being Jason like", Its a non canon Jason anyway.

Just Like JGTH, Freddy Vs Jason and Jason X.. its all in good fun, don't take it too seriously.

I will pose a theory here. And it is just a theory. Pamela was enacting some sort of ritual to raise Jason from the dead by killing all those councilors. Let's just say it took X amount of human sacrifices. As she reached the last one, she failed and was killed herself. But, with the ritual already enacted, her death was the final sacrifice that raised Jason from his watery grave. Unfortunately for both of them, she was already dead, and a pissed off evil Jason was resurrected with no mommy and a thirst for vengeance.

Just some fanfic for ya.

Risinggrave and CrazyRalph like this

i cant wait to see the franchise add more of a occultic mysterious supernatural part to friday the 13th. i cant count how many idiots ive argued with.they keep saying dumb shit like Darrin,Jasons a psychopathic killer not a fucking witch. i think hes both.

So we're idiots because we don't agree with you? I consider that an intentional insult and will treat you likewise from here on out. 

And Jason isn't a fucking witch. You've got him confused with Michael Myers and his pagan cult. You're in the wrong fucking canon. Though even Halloween scrapped the pagan cult stuff because most people found that shit beyond stupid. I wonder why. 

we dont know what may be added to the franchise.

We know based on actually listening to the developers what is going to happen in the game. The Beta is pretty much the chassis. There will be some bells and whistles, but you can bet your ass minus a skin or some minor touch, that it's going to be much like watching the last portion of your average F13 film, save instead of one final girl, it's a group. 

So while we don't know excactly what may be added, those of us with some common sense have a pretty good idea.

Splatterhouse, DialM and Gdain like this

So we're idiots because we don't agree with you? I consider that an intentional insult and will treat you likewise from here on out. 

And Jason isn't a fucking witch. You've got him confused with Michael Myers and his pagan cult. You're in the wrong fucking canon. Though even Halloween scrapped the pagan cult stuff because most people found that shit beyond stupid. I wonder why. 

We know based on actually listening to the developers what is going to happen in the game. The Beta is pretty much the chassis. There will be some bells and whistles, but you can bet your ass minus a skin or some minor touch, that it's going to be much like watching the last portion of your average F13 film, save instead of one final girl, it's a group. 

So while we don't know excactly what may be added, those of us with some common sense have a pretty good idea.

I don't think you're an idiot Rising. :P I also agree, I don't think he's a witch. I do think he was resurrected either through some form of ritual blood magic or just maybe a Faustian deal. Who knows? I have my theories but until the folks in charge drop the continuity it's all fanfic (see my previous post for that. :P).

Still, I think Ash vs Jason vs Freddy would have been an interesting movie.

@shanker you know...that whole scarifice deal actually sounds like a legit and cool take on the lore! I kinda like that! Now why the hell arent people like you in places to produce a film and not the untalented assholes in hollywood?

ShankerOne likes this

@shanker you know...that whole scarifice deal actually sounds like a legit and cool take on the lore! I kinda like that! Now why the hell arent people like you in places to produce a film and not the untalented assholes in hollywood?

To broke and not socially popular enough. I have a lot of ideas, most of them bad, but that's beside the point. :P

I don't think you're an idiot Rising. :P I also agree, I don't think he's a witch. I do think he was resurrected either through some form of ritual blood magic or just maybe a Faustian deal. Who knows? I have my theories but until the folks in charge drop the continuity it's all fanfic (see my previous post for that. :P).

Still, I think Ash vs Jason vs Freddy would have been an interesting movie.

If we take all the lore into play, JgtH informs my take of the canon. Jason was missing, Pam thought he was dead. So she pulls out the necronomicon and does her resurrection mumbo jumbo. But it has no effect, Jason isn't dead. BTW, Having her kill as part of that makes total sense. Good call. 

So she dies, Jason comes back for revenge on Alice. Then it's only when Chris turns down his advances in her flashback that Jason gets real mean. Jeff and Saundra trespassing is the final straw. Cue Jason rampage. 

So Jason survives an axe to the head. either he lucked out and just got brain damaged or he is a revenant in the final chapter. then he gets put in the ground. Even if he could come back, he's buried and out of luck. I assume the lighting in part 6 didn't power Jason up. It just woke him up. 

As far as Ash vs Jason vs Freddy, I've only read the final trade. It was ok, but I loved how it made me realize Renny from Manhattan was seeing kid Jason because she was psychic/empathic and how we as an audience saw him that way when it was from her point of view. 

Ok. Rant over. 

ShankerOne and Splatterhouse like this

Color me disappointed. The flames do not at all represent Jason IMO. Feels like a gimmick.

Well, first of all, it's perfectly reasonable to assume that it's just an effect to make it look cool.

Second of all, what exactly DOES represent Jason?  The canon is already fucked as it is, plotholes every turn and every movie just gets more and more surreal.  What would "represent Jason"?  It's Tom's original Jason, not our Community Jason, and I've already made a thread recommending a Community Made Jason that would honestly be cool.  But I say, why restrict the Savini to our narrow-minded view of what "Jason ought to be" especially since Jason has been pretty much across the spectrum of things to become... superhuman freak, zombie, demon, cyborg... 

Look, I never got my hopes up because I never saw anything on it, and since the community has literally no say into the matter, why should I?  Just let Tom work and if we don't like it we don't like it.

I think it's hard for a lot of us to avoid feeling a sense of ownership over this skin, like we somehow had a hand in allowing to exist.  Furthermore we feel we have a duty or something to object to it.

There's a difference between not liking something and outright objecting to something.  Feel free to dislike, but I mean, don't be like "I'm so disappointed" right now especially.  There was no reason to be hyped up about it; there was nothing to disappoint us but ourselves.  Remain objective about the situation, keep your emotions about the concept in check, and you don't have to be disappointed.

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

This isn't even mentioning that we only saw glowing eyes and a dark silhouette and people are criticizing it like it's modern art.

JasonVsWindows likes this

Meh- you'll have to learn not everyone shares your view. I know it can be tough to see things from other perspectives...

I think we should all wait and see what the full reveal looks like. Right now, it's literally just a shadowy pumpkinface figure.

I will say, despite some folks saying the lore is all fucked up so who cares if it gets fucked up more, that when it's finally revealed fully and if it happens to be somehow not in keeping with the lore- I could undestand it feeling like an immersion breaker considering every other part of the game is based on something from an actual film.

CrazyRalph likes this

Meh- you'll have to learn not everyone shares your view. I know it can be tough to see things from other perspectives...

I think we should all wait and see what the full reveal looks like. Right now, it's literally just a shadowy pumpkinface figure.

I will say, despite some folks saying the lore is all fucked up so who cares if it gets fucked up more, that when it's finally revealed fully and if it happens to be somehow not in keeping with the lore- I could undestand it feeling like an immersion breaker considering every other part of the game is based on something from an actual film.

Again I'm not sure what people expected. A redo of a skin already done? I was bracing myself for this stuff since the announcement was made. This is an original Jason, following no previous lore or restrictions made solely for this game by Tom Savini himself. What is the point of an original Jason concept not being original?

Of course it's not going to be like the films.... I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise, that's senseless.

JasonVsWindows and AZATIONIE like this