A 'stealth' Jason

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Yellow Psychopath

Yellow Psychopath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The game should have a few of the Jasons have a feature where they don't automatically play intense music when he's near a counsellor. The player playing Jason can only trigger the music by themselves, which will then raise the fear level of counsellors within a certain range. Jason can be more stealthy and do more hiding, striking only when an oblivious counsellor walks into his vicinity, just like in the early movies. To compensate for this feature, his other stats would be reduced significantly. 

This feature raises the suspense since counsellors will never be sure of where and when he is going to pop up. It also makes for less careless gameplay since the counsellors will have to be very aware of their surroundings at all times. 

• Honkytonkgamer, ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger and OTMatt like this

Mr_Trapper

Mr_Trapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

It is under discussion what the 'Rage' ability has been replaced with, alot of players think the new ability is going to be a stealth sort of form that mutes the music temporarily. 

However, I would LOVE a stealth Jason, the lack of music would mean any sound makes your ears prick up and think "What the hell was that?", meaning you'd be more likely to lock every door and perhaps keep windows closed so Jason doesn't know you're obviously there.

It's like the 'Hag' in Dead by Daylight, she literally makes you crap yourself because her ability makes a jump-scare.

Really, really hope they do a stealth Jason.

tumblr_o8bxu0P4qX1rkctppo1_500.gif

EliseTheGeese

EliseTheGeese

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

It is under discussion what the 'Rage' ability has been replaced with, alot of players think the new ability is going to be a stealth sort of form that mutes the music temporarily. 

However, I would LOVE a stealth Jason, the lack of music would mean any sound makes your ears prick up and think "What the hell was that?", meaning you'd be more likely to lock every door and perhaps keep windows closed so Jason doesn't know you're obviously there.

It's like the 'Hag' in Dead by Daylight, she literally makes you crap yourself because her ability makes a jump-scare.

Really, really hope they do a stealth Jason.

Its just like the shackled chain addon for her traps.  The survivors dont see it activate but a phantasm doesn't spawn so they know ur there when u teleport

OTMatt

OTMatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

The game should have a few of the Jasons have a feature where they don't automatically play intense music when he's near a counsellor. The player playing Jason can only trigger the music by themselves, which will then raise the fear level of counsellors within a certain range. Jason can be more stealthy and do more hiding, striking only when an oblivious counsellor walks into his vicinity, just like in the early movies. To compensate for this feature, his other stats would be reduced significantly. 

This feature raises the suspense since counsellors will never be sure of where and when he is going to pop up. It also makes for less careless gameplay since the counsellors will have to be very aware of their surroundings at all times. 

I was thinking EXACTLY this yesterday when I was watching some gameplay of F13. It popped into my mind that the game would be much more scarier and intense if you didn't know when and where Jason could be.

During my time in beta I noticed a lot of people immediately ran into buildings when they heard jason coming. Its the default strategy to just fortify a building and use windows as an entrance. But if Jason was to have music/teleportation effects removed as a perk he could make a lot of stealth kills and catch players off guard. Especially those performing tasks outside of the buildings, or even in the buildings themselves. It's not like the players will notice hes inside until they see him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users