Yellow Psychopath

Dead players able to communicate with in-game players

36 posts in this topic

You guys know they can just talk to everybody while in party chat right?

So why can't they talk to the dead in game chat since you could talk to them in Party chat

That makes sense right?

You guys know they can just talk to everybody while in party chat right?

So why can't they talk to the dead in game chat since you could talk to them in Party chat

That makes sense right?

I'm probably wrong but I thought they said their chat would override party chat. Nothing can stop folks on third party chat services though.

DialM likes this

The thing is, if you go into matchmaking using a party chat service, inevitably one of the people in your chat will become Jason, and then he can hear everything you're saying. I think the party chat services won't be as big of an issue as one would think because the deterrent to using it is built into the game itself.

I'm probably wrong but I thought they said their chat would override party chat. Nothing can stop folks on third party chat services though.

You can not override party chat. On consoles you can not cancel out core services of the platform and on PC you can not control what people are using as third party services.

You can not override party chat. On consoles you can not cancel out core services of the platform and on PC you can not control what people are using as third party services.

Yep, thought I was off.

I'm really new to using a headset and mic. I'm debating on buying a new one for the soul purpose of this game. What are people using now that's really good? Also what third party service is good that people use? I haven't used one of those for eons, I think I had ventrillo while playing WOW but that was well over a decade ago.

Very Rare Item Spawn. Ouija Radio. Player can speak to the ghosts of dead campers. /joke

In the tone of Freddie Mercury..."All we hear is...Radio Quija".

A bit like Bernie Sanders hopes of having input for the 2020 election....as a glass moving around a Ouija board only.

I'm really new to using a headset and mic. I'm debating on buying a new one for the soul purpose of this game. What are people using now that's really good? Also what third party service is good that people use? I haven't used one of those for eons, I think I had ventrillo while playing WOW but that was well over a decade ago.

I believe some still use vent on wow not a very common choice these days though. Skype can work but don't think it's too good for big group chat. Team speak is another I know of as people tend to mention it on wow for raid teams.

I believe some still use vent on wow not a very common choice these days though. Skype can work but don't think it's too good for big group chat. Team speak is another I know of as people tend to mention it on wow for raid teams.

I'd also add Discord to that list.