Yellow Psychopath

Dead players able to communicate with in-game players

36 posts in this topic

I have seen a few let's players who in their gameplay wished that they were still able to talk to remaining counsellors when they are dead. So how about giving a chosen dead player to be able to become a 'ghostly voice', kinda like Mrs Voorhees in the game? I think it will be great opportunity to make use of the graveyard as well. When players go to the graveyard, a ghostly voice there can give them clues on where certain items are and also Jason's whereabouts. It can only occur in the graveyard though, so players will have make a dangerous trip all the way there to trigger this function. 

1 person likes this

So the dead players can interfere with the game? 

No thanks. I get dead or escaped players being able to communicate with each other, but It would be a can of worms to have people out of play trolling Jason/the counselors. 

6 people like this

A team of people on teamspeak will probably let one of them die, just so they can identify where is what, grab some radios and have the stealth character camp the graveyard. Not a fan of dead players communicating with the living, dead players can only watch their friends die, not help them.

So the dead players can interfere with the game? 

No thanks. I get dead or escaped players being able to communicate with each other, but It would be a can of worms to have people out of play trolling Jason/the counselors. 

I think you should still be able to hear them talk just to keep amused when dead but the dead should stay muted until they return as Jarvis or the match ends. Just my opinion.

2 people like this

The problem is that it would give players an unfair advantage; being able to tell them where they died while carrying keys or a car part, telling Jason where they are because he can hear local chat like that as well. I mean speaking among the dead and commentating on the match is one thing, it would just take the fun of immersion away from those who want to play normally. If people want to do that there are programs like Discord they can use together

1 person likes this

The dead should be able to talk to the dead and hear the dead only.

2 people like this

Finally someone who has their thinking cap on.this is one of the best ideas and decisions that i have read on here. yes if story mode becomes a reality.maybe the campers find an old ouija board in the cabins and do a group session of awnsers and quesations. maybe a radio picks up a dead spirit and it begins to tell secrets from beyond the grave. maybe theres a hidden book of Necromancy in one of the cabins where you can go to the cemetery and call a spirit from a grave for advice. just think guys. we dont need just a regular boring story.we need a cool adventure thar also feels like you were there. like the first call of duty black opps. having an interestingly cool story in this game could influence the franchise.

1 person likes this

No. Dead is dead. It takes away the effect of the one-by-one slasher film if your teammate can still talk to you.

2 people like this

Well party chat will be an enviable factor. Thus why no free roam camera. A lot of games have gone this route to avoid such interfere.

Man Darrin Really. You got some wild ides bro. Makes me smile !  I think you have a record for the most posts locked.

1 person likes this

It just makes sense to have the dead talk to the dead and the living talk to the living. No one talks to Jason because he's gross.

2 people like this

It just makes sense to have the dead talk to the dead and the living talk to the living. No one talks to Jason because he's gross.

Party chats will allow the dead to talk to the living and there's not much you can do about it.

Thats certainly a dumb idea...whats the point of stealth and all that if the dead can ruin it all

2 people like this

I have seen a few let's players who in their gameplay wished that they were still able to talk to remaining counsellors when they are dead. So how about giving a chosen dead player to be able to become a 'ghostly voice', kinda like Mrs Voorhees in the game? I think it will be great opportunity to make use of the graveyard as well. When players go to the graveyard, a ghostly voice there can give them clues on where certain items are and also Jason's whereabouts. It can only occur in the graveyard though, so players will have make a dangerous trip all the way there to trigger this function. 

How do you create the "ghostly voice of Mrs Voorhees" when the HUMAN players taking this "role" are gonna be majority male gamers? Instructing their friends where the victims are??? It makes no sense. Super over power Jason???? Trying to hide from Jason and some drunk frat boy with his buddies is giving away your position? Wouldn't work! 

1 person likes this

In-game VOIP will not allow for dead to talk to living. Nothing we can do about those that use Discord/TS/Skype/etc. services. 

3 people like this

dead should only be able to talk to other dead players which i hope is in full game cause i dont think beta had this. either people were not responding to me or it wasnt in cause i talked a few times when dead and never got people talking back.

In-game VOIP will not allow for dead to talk to living. Nothing we can do about those that use Discord/TS/Skype/etc. services. 

Or Xbox/Playstation party chat systems! 

Since we can just talk to people in party chat at any given time I don't see a issue where you can talk to dead people in game chat

I would love to be able to free roam when I'm dead

No thanks. . . Their dead, the dead don't talk, the developer's are trying to make the game as much like the movies as possible; even playing clips of the matches at the end to make a movie each match. Although, the idea to free roam the map as an invisible ghost/free roam camera when dead like the comment before would encourage players to hang around after they die, and help produce less server stress; maybe, even throw in some side achievements.

No, this would spoil the gameplay, dead players should stay in dead lobby and not talking to players who are alive

The dead should only be able to talk to the dead

1 person likes this

The dead should only be able to talk to the dead

Unless you imbue your headset with dark magic, then I think it only makes common sense that you can speak to dead people.

2 people like this

Unless you imbue your headset with dark magic, then I think it only makes common sense that you can speak to dead people.

Very Rare Item Spawn. Ouija Radio. Player can speak to the ghosts of dead campers. /joke