Photo

How many people are getting the game for Xbox One?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

mindofmike

mindofmike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'd just like to know who will get the game on xbox one because i feel like not much people are getting it for the xbox one

• SCREWNUT, callumvoorhees787 and mindofmike like this

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.
If they are able to get cross platform play then it won't matter anyway. :)
  • Aksana likes this

IronKnight55

IronKnight55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationScotland

I'd just like to know who will get the game on xbox one because i feel like not much people are getting it for the xbox one

The numbers may have changed now, but I remember on twitter they said that they were selling pretty evenly across all platforms.  

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationColorado

I'm pretty sure they are. But I'm not sure how they're going to be able to differentiate players friends' lists across those platforms. Do Microsoft and Sony share their customer information with each other or Steam?

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Bought for PC first but who knows. I may buy it to play with some friends on Xbox later.

If they are able to get cross platform play then it won't matter anyway.  :)

Sadly that's not likely to happen. If you've ever read how convoluted a process it is to get cross-platform play you'd understand why. Xbox and PlayStation platform updates are a big part of that. Not to mention actually getting those platforms to play nice together, or even having the two competing companies allow it in the first place. 

• DialM likes this

Aksana

Aksana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLimestone town, Sweden

no they want to be able to but no games are right now as far as i know 

Remember it's online but people still get hurt when you are mean

IronKnight55

IronKnight55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationScotland

Yeah, I doubt this game will be cross platform (at least when it is released). They might be able to add it down the road though...

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

Bought for PC first but who knows. I may buy it to play with some friends on Xbox later.

Sadly that's not likely to happen. If you've ever read how convoluted a process it is to get cross-platform play you'd understand why. Xbox and PlayStation platform updates are a big part of that. Not to mention actually getting those platforms to play nice together, or even having the two competing companies allow it in the first place.

Oh I know. That's why I said if. Here's the thing though. It is possible from every point of view regardless. There was an article not too long ago that said Sony has been interested in allowing more cross platform play putting the ball in MS's court and they have expressed interest in cross platform with PC, but have said nothing about doing it with Sony. And the devs themselves still hasn't given a confirmed no and even have it as a listed feature on the Steam page. So it is still possible.

Aksana

Aksana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLimestone town, Sweden

Oh I know. That's why I said if. Here's the thing though. It is possible from every point of view regardless. There was an article not too long ago that said Sony has been interested in allowing more cross platform play putting the ball in MS's court and they have expressed interest in cross platform with PC, but have said nothing about doing it with Sony. And the devs themselves still hasn't given a confirmed no and even have it as a listed feature on the Steam page. So it is still possible.

All 3 wanna work together yes. they just need to make it happen first.

they are working/testing it and if we're lucky we see it soon.

by then we will be able to play with each other all together

Remember it's online but people still get hurt when you are mean

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationCANADA

I am.  There are a few of us on here that have already bought it via kickstarter or are planning on buying it when it's released.   There is even an unofficial friday the 13th club on Xbox live as well that you can join to find even more players.

no they want to be able to but no games are right now as far as i know 

Rocket League and Gears of War 4 are just two titles that offer cross platform play between PC and Xbox One users.

"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Oh yeah. It's possible. I remember reading an article similar to what you're talking about where one said they'd be willing to try if the other was. I just don't think it will happen in large part due to how much of a pita it would be for devs to push updates together on all 3 platforms.

It will be an interesting day if they ever do work it out. But shoot, right now as it stands Microsoft doesn't even make cross platform play on PC games available on the Microsoft store with Steam. So I'm not too optimistic. But maybe one day.

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Sure do hope so, one day. I understand the compartmentalisation and exclusivity, but it's also frustrating, particularly when it comes to online multiplayer games.

And I'm getting it for my Xbox One. Could've done PS4, but I've just always preferred the Xbox online interface.

• SCREWNUT likes this

GrandMasterLynx

GrandMasterLynx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
I will be getting this on my Xbox
  • SCREWNUT likes this

IronKnight55

IronKnight55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationScotland

I will be getting it for both Xbox and PS4.

• AZATIONIE likes this

Dogmatic

Dogmatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIrving, TX

I'm in for XBone.

• SCREWNUT likes this

Bengals8807

Bengals8807

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOhio

This post is for Friday the 13th: The Game Xbox One players. I have set up a Friday The 13th The Game group on Xbox One for the game community. Make sure to join, just look up Friday The 13th The Game Fans on the Clubs section on Xbox One.

XBOX ONE/PS4 - Bengals8807

giphy.gif

anthonymorales

anthonymorales

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn new york

This post is for Friday the 13th: The Game Xbox One players. I have set up the official Friday The 13th The Game group on Xbox One for the game community. Make sure to join, just look up Friday The 13th The Game Official on the groups section on Xbox One.

i will join

• Bengals8807 likes this

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Ewww Xbox
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

xXxEspoxXx