50 replies to this topic

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Look at how Wes tries to sneakily explain a gameplay element in the guise of actually showing us new content. I love it.  You guys are genius. :}

Jonathan Jones | Professional Voice Talent | Voice Actor

Visit His Website  | Youtube | Let's Play Live!

"Acting is Believing" / "Stay Cool.  Stay Creative"

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

GOOD!

The phone was way to potent as an escape option as it was. Hell I still think  the camp power should have to be on to make the call.

But this will do nicely.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, is that the edgy guy? Adam? 

Why do they tease us so?

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Oh, and if you put the fuse in, do the repair mini-game and Jason "breaks" the phone box before you can get inside to make the call....you don't have to locate another fuse...just do the repair mini game again. ;)

Solid addition. It needed a little something more and that just might do the trick. :)

Jen the Strange

Jen the Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

It's a fair solution! Jason keeps his knowledge of the phone box, and counselors have to work a bit harder.

ShaneMalicious

ShaneMalicious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I have a feeling I'm going to die in a lot more matches, but I love the idea! 

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

It was all worth it for Adam's hand and most of a foot.

silec

silec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This is a nice addition (it definitely slows down the phone repairing process which is a good thing) but it could also lead to you having to try to survive the round timer or way less likely try to kill Jason since all other escape options require items now. There is always the problem that people will just leave with the fuse when they hop into a car/boat that they noticed got repaired, this also happened sometimes in the beta with the counselor that looted the 2nd pair of car keys because most people were too lazy to drop the keys off before they got into the other car. I know the boat will also be added but we don't know if it will be an extra escape option or if it will just rotate with one of the cars, giving you 2 random escape options plus repairing the phone (calling the police and escaping with them), surviving the round timer and killing Jason.

Also, the fuse spawns within the same campground as the phone, so for Stillwater Camp that means Jason only has to patrol 2 cabins, one of them being the cabin where the phone box is attached to. There can definitely be issues in that particular case.

Midyin

Midyin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
YES, I LOVE THIS! When playing the Beta it seemed like almost EVERY MAYCH(like 19 out of every 20) the Police and Tommy were called in fairly early on in the game.

That's why not only do I love the Fuse idea, but I feel like there should be at least one part needed to make the radio work, and there should be more places on each map that the phone and/or radio could possibly spawn too...
Because you know gamers. Those spawn points from the beta have been memorized By everyone by now..

Clow00

Clow00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

YES, I LOVE THIS! When playing the Beta it seemed like almost EVERY MAYCH(like 19 out of every 20) the Police and Tommy were called in fairly early on in the game.

That's why not only do I love the Fuse idea, but I feel like there should be at least one part needed to make the radio work, and there should be more places on each map that the phone and/or radio could possibly spawn too...
Because you know gamers. Those spawn points from the beta have been memorized By everyone by now..

The idea of another part for Tommy's radio is awesome.

Maybe to find some random radio frecuency to call him that make to try a few times until find it. 

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I'd almost prefer the cops to just be 3-4 bots that show up with guns and a limited amount of ammo to distract Jason and help him pad his kill count while letting survivors have a bit more time to get away and hide.  They could also lower the fear level of all counselors when they arrive.

That way, the cars and the 20 minute timer are the only real escape conditions.

(5 minutes is just way too short a time to be terrorized by Jason :P )

Another semi-related note: I think Jason should be able to use corpses as "traps" so if he places them somewhere, the first time a counselor finds the body, it instantly pings him with their location for a second or two, so he could effectively watch the phone just by sticking a corpse next to it, once he's killed someone, but only allow each corpse to be a "trap" once.

• SHODANFreeman and Freddy kruger like this

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Good call on the phone mechanic.

It definitely needed more spice.

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

Super Ty

Super Ty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationHaddonfield, Illinois

Absolutely love this idea! Good job Wes, and the rest of the crew!

f13sig1.jpg

Asmodai

Asmodai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Good, I was expecting something like this because phoning the police was just way too easy. It's great seeing all the good ideas become part of the game, the PAX stream had me even more devoted to this release because I could see how cool the devs are.

• SHODANFreeman likes this

SomebodyFancy

SomebodyFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Well if someone takes the boat keys, and car keys and the fuse then escapes with someone with the other pair of car keys... You may just have to wait it out. Very intense!!
This extra step is a good idea. Adds just enough more of a challenge without being too ridiculous.

Brandobscure

Brandobscure

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBelgium

With all these important objects we have to make real choice, it's cool!
Either you take care of the car, the boat, the phone, distract Jason or survive, I love!

XRizerX

XRizerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

This is a good step in the right direction for the phone. I always found myself thinking "phone" the second the match started. Knowing that the fuse is in the same camp ground kind of hurts it a little bit but if someone dies with the fuse that basically means a game over for that method of escape which makes for more tension.

I like the idea, but I still feel there's more that can be done to avoid Jason having to camp the area. I still feel like people are going to rush to the phone and check for the fuse and try to install it and repair the phone immediately.

I understand that this buys Jason a bit more time but it still isn't going to fix the "camp the phone" meta going on. I almost have a better idea for this that might help balance the game out a bit more in Jason's favor and it will stop him from immediately camping the phone.

I like the fuse idea, but what if we elaborated on this? Instead of it just being in a drawer like the car keys, I believe there's a more fun method we could come up with.

There's a bunch of power boxes all over the camp in certain areas that supply power to specific buildings. Well what if those power supplies ran on fuses as well and they could be removed from the panels? Okay so here me out... What if there's a skill check to remove the fuse? After the fuse is removed the power will be permanently off in that location... So that means counselors will have to place another fuse back in the box in order to get power back. So if Jason destroys the panel box, the counselors have to repair the box and then do a skill check to remove the fuse if they want to.

This will actually introduce an interesting meta because Jason will have a greater reason to destroy other power boxes before camping the phone. On the other hand counselors have to take a greater risk of having the electricity permanently off in entire sections of the map which will increase their fear levels for the duration of the match... I think it's a great trade off considering the cops are such an efficient method of victory... it'll almost make it not worth doing or super risky and maybe more people will try to escape by car or boat instead.

Just a thought. :) Crazy how something so simple as an asset introduced in to the game can lead to a snowball effect of ideas.

• VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow likes this

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

In reality what does calling the cops do as far as gameplay goes?  Are they running around the map ? I didn't see any videos with proof of that.

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationColorado

In reality what does calling the cops do as far as gameplay goes?  Are they running around the map ? I didn't see any videos with proof of that.

The cops arrive at one of the exits to the map and provide an escape for survivors. They are out of line of sight and shoot at Jason if he tries to chase a counselor past the escape line, but you don't see them, no.

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

Cool. They actually shoot at Jason ?  I think it would be cool if they entered the camp though.

XRizerX

XRizerX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Cool. They actually shoot at Jason ?  I think it would be cool if they entered the camp though.

This was suggested but it's too much work for them to bother with at this point. They'd have to create A.I. for the cops and some people suggested that dead players can come back as them as well but it makes it too easy if half the team has second chances... I mean we already have Tommy Jarvis as a second life, we don't need two more free bees.... the entire point is that once Jason kills you, you're dead and it's your own fault... deal with it.

The cops are obnoxious as it is if Jason is chasing someone to the exit, the cops have a significant range and they put Jason down immediately if he comes within a few character lengths of the exit. You can actually get stun locked in to place if you don't warp out of the vicinity of the exit... it was actually quite annoying. I couldn't imagine if they could walk around on the map and have that kind of effect on him... it would be a joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users