Beta Feedback - Calling the Police

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

We learned a lot from watching you guys play the Beta. One thing we noticed...you guys were good at getting the phone fixed quickly. Also, Jason caught on to this and would "camp" the phone area heavily. This wasn't fun. So we made a change. Now the phone requires a fuse to fix it. The fuse spawns within the same campground as the broken phone. Therefore, you don't have to run around the whole map looking for the fuse, but it's not like it's right next to the broken phone box. Once you find the fuse, you pick it up and it's now in your inventory. You can run to the phone and drop it on the ground if, perhaps, you have a low repair and someone with a higher repair is nearby. This way you can work together to get the police called. 

In our internal tests, adding this extra step (finding the fuse) slowed down how quickly someone could call the cops. In some matches, no one found the fuse, since there's only one and sometimes a person would find it, but then get killed before they could get back to the phone. Now the fuse is laying next to the dead body, thus making it even harder to escape. We hope you guys like this new feature...we really liked it. It cranked up the tension even more and made matches last longer. 

mM1tBLf.jpg

xcrUQdb.jpg

• BlackWidowofLaPorte, Davidt, DamonD7 and 18 others like this

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

We learned a lot from watching you guys play the Beta. One thing we noticed...you guys were good at getting the phone fixed quickly. Also, Jason caught on to this and would "camp" the phone area heavily. This wasn't fun. So we made a change. Now the phone requires a fuse to fix it. The fuse spawns within the same campground as the broken phone. Therefore, you don't have to run around the whole map looking for the fuse, but it's not like it's right next to the broken phone box. Once you find the fuse, you pick it up and it's now in your inventory. You can run to the phone and drop it on the ground if, perhaps, you have a low repair and someone with a higher repair is nearby. This way you can work together to get the police called. 

In our internal tests, adding this extra step (finding the fuse) slowed down how quickly someone could call the cops. In some matches, no one found the fuse, since there's only one and sometimes a person would find it, but then get killed before they could get back to the phone. Now the fuse is laying next to the dead body, thus making it even harder to escape. We hope you guys like this new feature...we really liked it. It cranked up the tension even more and made matches last longer. 

mM1tBLf.jpg

xcrUQdb.jpg

Oh, and if you put the fuse in, do the repair mini-game and Jason "breaks" the phone box before you can get inside to make the call....you don't have to locate another fuse...just do the repair mini game again. ;)

• BlackWidowofLaPorte, Fatalfox, fbrrrs and 2 others like this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Awesome! Another direct response coming from discussion at the forum. We should call the forum "the campgrounds" refer to all of us as campers and the devs are counselors lol.
  • wes likes this

Kalopsia

Kalopsia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

This is a really good change. Also damn son that's a big fuse. 

Gobb

Gobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

As a jason player i did find myself teleporting back and forth between the phone box quite a lot. A welcome change. Makes it so that i don't have to check it every 5 seconds.

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK
Sounds simple but effective, an extra step and one requiring that little bit of good fortune to find.

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

This is a really good change. Also damn son that's a big fuse. 

Ha! Yeah, when we first put assets in they are always huge like that. For testing, it's easier to see them. We'll scale it down to be a "normal" fuse size. ;)

• BlackWidowofLaPorte, DamonD7, CrazyRalph and 1 other like this

IronKnight55

IronKnight55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationScotland

Thank you for sharing this with us Wes!

• wes likes this

Fatalfox

Fatalfox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Thank you very much this is a good idea!

Redcat345

Redcat345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Oh, and if you put the fuse in, do the repair mini-game and Jason "breaks" the phone box before you can get inside to make the call....you don't have to locate another fuse...just do the repair mini game again. ;)

I like this and nice subtle reveal of the Edgy Guy Adam Palomino! The phone wires are cut, so please add wires and tools you need to make the "fixing" look realistic.

16473093_1250243108392793_22852703693095

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
Good change now people won't be able to call 1-2 mins into match and lots escape just by hiding for the 5 mins
PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Santi_Lee

Santi_Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

You keep me in love with you, guys, this is a great feature, for sure.

• Fatalfox likes this

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationColorado

A great idea! Mine was kind of the general:
Call within 5 minutes - 50% chance the cops won't believe you, try again in 1 minute (dialtone alert to Jason)

Call within 10 minutes - 25% chance the cops won't believe you, try again in 1 minute (no alert to Jason)

After 10 minutes - Work as normal

THIS though, this idea makes it more amazing because it makes finding the part for the phone as crucial as finding gas or the battery. Way to step it up guys!

• Santi_Lee likes this

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

Santi_Lee

Santi_Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Wait, wait, wait, wait, is that the edgy guy? Adam? 

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationColorado

Wait, wait, wait, wait, is that the edgy guy? Adam? 

Looks very much like. Darn these devs, taunting us with their teasers on the game. Knowing we're frothing at the mouth for more

FROTHING I SAY!

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Awesome guys!!! Now tension is up!
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Aksana

Aksana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLimestone town, Sweden

SO hot right now, this is amazing news

Remember it's online but people still get hurt when you are mean

Mr_Trapper

Mr_Trapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Nice one! I personally found the phone-box to be a bit of an issue since I felt forced to have to teleport there immediately at the start of every game, this is a great idea.

tumblr_o8bxu0P4qX1rkctppo1_500.gif

XoDeMoNoX

XoDeMoNoX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Ha! Yeah, when we first put assets in they are always huge like that. For testing, it's easier to see them. We'll scale it down to be a "normal" fuse size. ;)

Well.. I mean these are older camp sites with older tech. I'd say the fuse would be bigger than now for sure. Maybe not that big though. I'd say it should be pretty close to that size for an old panel like that though.

This is an awesome change by the way I love it. I think this will balance that out quite a bit. What is the full release of the game going to have for a timer for the cops though? I heard it was different than the beta?

Regakiller

Regakiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

My idea so Jason can't camp the phone. Make a 2nd place where you can use a phone from like they could be near each other but they will make Jason keep going back and forth. Like if the phone was at blares, The other phone/phone box could be like 20-30 seconds of Jason walking. This could maybe give counsellors a chance to get the phone fix from a camping Jason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users