GunMedia_Ben

Jason Goes to Hell Eye Placement Poll

Jason Goes to Hell   73 members have voted

1. 1. For our Jason Goes to Hell skin, should we update the eye damage to reflect canon, or leave it as it was in the film? Hardcore fans know.

• Update to Canon
    • Keep Original

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

69 posts in this topic

I'm kind of confused here- are they just now working on the Part 9 Jason model?

I'm starting to realize that with or without the single player stuff, this game wasn't anywhere near completion for a Fall 2016 release. Why not just say "Hey, we fucked up- it's going to be another half year to a year." Is "Summer 2017" for the single player even probable? Is it even being worked on currently?

Just me confused.

Knee-jerk reactions in 3, 2, 1...

Who knows but at the stage of news i cant see this coming out before april

bewareofbears likes this

I'm starting to realize that with or without the single player stuff, this game wasn't anywhere near completion for a Fall 2016 release. Why not just say "Hey, we fucked up- it's going to be another half year to a year." Is "Summer 2017" for the single player even probable? Is it even being worked on currently?

Just me confused.

The beta is a clear indication that the game was ready to go. The purpose of the delay was a quality delay. The delay not only gets everyone single player but allowed more time to add features that would enhance gameplay. Skins can always be patched in as well as bugs that was never a reason of the delay. You could rush a product just to say it released "on time" and then sit back and say you know what would have been cool? And then never have realized the full potential of a game by allowing a little extra time to make it happen.

You can sit there and try to say that everyone is a liar if that makes you feel better but that does not make it true.

Ultimately what everyone will get is a much better game than the beta. I think that is what should be emphasised here.

The beta is a clear indication that the game was ready to go. The purpose of the delay was a quality delay. The delay not only gets everyone single player but allowed more time to add features that would enhance gameplay. Skins can always be patched in as well as bugs that was never a reason of the delay. You could rush a product just to say it released "on time" and then sit back and say you know what would have been cool? And then never have realized the full potential of a game by allowing a little extra time to make it happen.

You can sit there and try to say that everyone is a liar if that makes you feel better but that does not make it true.

Ultimately what everyone will get is a much better game than the beta. I think that is what should be emphasised here.

I appreciate the reply and I'm not going to go into this too much because I expected the knee-jerk reaction and your points are fair, even if I disagree with some of them.

I didn't call anyone a liar- those are your words. I implied that there's obviously more to the story. I wasn't viewing it as deceptive- that's your view.

I expressed confusion and seeked clarity- not an attack but again, it was expected.

I appreciate the reply and I'm not going to go into this too much because I expected the knee-jerk reaction and your points are fair, even if I disagree with some of them.

I didn't call anyone a liar- those are your words. I implied that there's obviously more to the story. I wasn't viewing it as deceptive- that's your view.

I expressed confusion and seeked clarity- not an attack but again, it was expected.

I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking you. I was not, however the tone of your post was that deception was at play for the delay. My response is not a knee jerk reaction it was meant to be informative. You can disagree for sure but I just wanted to provide a different way you can look at it.

Just me confused.

Seems like a lot to worry about considering they only asked where the eye should be placed...

I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking you. I was not, however the tone of your post was that deception was at play for the delay. My response is not a knee jerk reaction it was meant to be informative. You can disagree for sure but I just wanted to provide a different way you can look at it.

I appreciate the alternate perspective.

Seems like a lot to worry about considering they only asked where the eye should be placed...

I confuse very easily. ;)

It could be that the skin is done, but they sit there looking at it and being bothered by its canonical inconsistency. Then this sparks a discussion that gets heated, some for, some against. So they decided to ask the rest of us?

Could be as easy as a quick remodel or face/flip. Or maybe they haven't even touched the skin yet and its in the design phase. I'm thinking its more likely to be the former

bewareofbears likes this

Whatever the case, I'm excited to see it. When I first heard about the game I didn't think they'd actually do movie accurate skins so I'm loving this. That's part of why I want to see Roy someday so badly- he will never get another chance to make it into a game.

Jason Lives likes this

Hey,looka t what i found while looking for Part 8 Jason pictures for the other topic.

Seems like they did a whole latex body for Part 9 Jason.

...oh wait,i see that Jasontakesomegle already posted this picture in the forum in the Jason Consistency topic created by CrazyRalph back in 2015,i'll add the picture here anyway.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-js1vHcQaxL8/TfuymgwHSKI/AAAAAAAABYc/cqBlQ5xL2YA/s1600/JGTH81.jpg

Hey,looka t what i found while looking for Part 8 Jason pictures for the other topic.

Seems like they did a whole latex body for Part 9 Jason.

...oh wait,i see that Jasontakesomegle already posted this picture in the forum in the Jason Consistency topic created by CrazyRalph back in 2015,i'll add the picture here anyway.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-js1vHcQaxL8/TfuymgwHSKI/AAAAAAAABYc/cqBlQ5xL2YA/s1600/JGTH81.jpg

huh, who'd have guessed they went through that much trouble for a character that has about 6 min of screen time

CrazyRalph likes this

I hope it's OK to bump this as I was going to make a new topic until I saw a similar thread had existed.

First thing I'll say is I wish I was on here when this thread was made so my reply would have counted for something.

My immediate thought at the poll is I'd be confused by this question as either option could mean either eye placement. Canon means the way it is in the film and original could mean the way the eye was before the film, but I have a feeling the intention was the opposite?

My personal feeling is I thought the eye should have been on the wrong side as that's way I'll see it in the film. As a hardcore fan of the film as @bewareofbearsputs it I'd have liked to have played as the man, the legend, himself as portrayed by Hodder in 1993.

I will say in Jason Goes to Hell's defense the left eye does throwback back to Part 2 when that was his good eye and the only one he had showing out the bag as @Crazy Ralphpointed out.

My only other issue now that the game is out and we have the Part 9 Jason in the game is the new eye is swapped while the crack in the mask hasn't moved so the good eye is now where the slit goes from the eye to outside. I always liked to think of that as it was almost like they put the machete slice in the mask even though he wasn't actually wearing it when it happened. 

@GunMedia_BenI hope you don't mind my opinions on this as I love that you made him at all. Thank you, thank you, thank you for including him and Jason Takes Manhattan Jasons and most of all thank you for the game.

I took a good 10 minutes going back and forth between the question. I went with canon. As much as I love J9's design in the movie the face damage always kinda got under my skin a little bit. 

I wish there was a choice in game to pick which one we want.

1 minute ago, TastyChurro said:

I took a good 10 minutes going back and forth between the question. I went with canon. As much as I love J9's design in the movie the face damage always kinda got under my skin a little bit. 

I wish there was a choice in game to pick which one we want.

I'm sure that would've been harder for them to do, but it would have been nice.

Also, you kinda proved my point. I mean I guess they were using the word "canon" to imply swapping the eye, but in the film, canon means the mistake.