XoDeMoNoX

What do you think the new ability is?

20 posts in this topic

On the stream they showed off quite a few of the feedback changes to the game and the lodge. They stated that Rage is now auto and always on after a certain point in the match. In those videos of the game Rage is already gone from power area and there's a new ability replacing it already on top as the 4th ability. The picture looks like Jason surprising or suddenly appearing behind and going to stab someone. Maybe it's a jump scare type of thing to make people fear him? What I think it is though is an ability for stealth for Jason. So they don't know he's close for a few moments after you activate it so you can sneak up on counselors? That would be my guess as to what it's for based on the picture and other things he can do. What's your thoughts on this and any ideas on what you think it might be?

I also think it's a stealth ability but not the invisibility kind of stealth,more like being silent.

So i presume this ability will turn off the chase music for a certain amount of time like maybe 20 seconds so Jason players can take counsellors by surprise or make them think he left but is actually still around.

Now for those who think this skill will be OP,that skill will probably have a longer cooldown and will only be available at a later part of a match...like maybe once the match reach the middle point (10 minutes),so Jason players wont be able to spam it as often.

If it is indeed a stealth skill,im glad the devs added this,i know a match is supposed to represent the latter part of the movies with the chase and all,but i think Jason still deserve to surprise players with stealth tactics.

I also think it's a stealth ability but not the invisibility kind of stealth,more like being silent.

So i presume this ability will turn off the chase music for a certain amount of time like maybe 20 seconds so Jason players can take counsellors by surprise or make them think he left but is actually still around.

Now for those who think this skill will be OP,that skill will probably have a longer cooldown and will only be available at a later part of a match...like maybe once the match reach the middle point (10 minutes),so Jason players wont be able to spam it as often.

If it is indeed a stealth skill,im glad the devs added this,i know a match is supposed to represent the latter part of the movies with the chase and all,but i think Jason still deserve to surprise players with stealth tactics.

Perhaps he might even teleport a short distance and attack if he is behind a counselor and they don't see him.

Removing the chase music for a brief time was my first instinct when I heard about the new ability. To me it makes the most sense, although it should have limited uses and and/or a long cooldown. This could also help flush out some of the stat attributes a little: a lucky player may not be fooled by his stealth, or it wears off faster for a lucky player. 

It would be kind of cool to have Jason enter a stealth mode where he has to not smash things and walk around, not run or powerwalk, or else it causes noise. The trade off is that he can sneak right up on someone repairing something or working on the phone/radio. 

If its not a stealth mode, the only other thing that comes to mind (and its OP af, so I hope its not the case) is the ability to place the morph on the actual gameplay screen and not the map.

For instance, imagine walking out of the barn as Jason and seeing someone working on the car at Higgens and instead of using Morph/map screen or using shift which alerts the player with the VHS static and music, but you could select a spot right beside that player to immediately appear and go in for the kill before they can react. 

I hope its the stealth mode which helps give Jason a new edge, considering eventually he will be up against a fully slotted and skilled up survivor group that will be more efficient and now has new weapons to use (flare, firecrackers)

Yeah i do hope it is.

The thing is that i talked about this before and some peoples+moderators responded to me that a match of the game was supposedly represent the final moment of a F13 movie when peoples find out that Jason is around and are trying to escape from him,hence why a chase music always play when Jason is near.

But here's why that logic doesnt make sense.

1.It doesnt matter if it's the beginning,the middle or the end of a F13 movie,Jason will always be a sneaky killer trough all of it,always taking survivors by surprise,like how in part 7 where he dissapear of the doctor sight to attack him from behind with the doctor only noticing him when Jason is close enough.

Or a fews occasion in part 8,like when he show up in that sewer corner catching the sewer worker.

2.Since there are 7 counselors unlike the 1 or 2 we usually see in the films,it still feel like the middle of a F13 movie instead of the end somehow.

Jason shouldnt have his sneaky tactic removed because of some end of movie mood.

Hey guys. I just rewatched the PAX video and ...derp if I didn't get it before.

It looks like RAGE was replaced by the throwing knife ability. The little symbol between Jason and the counselor in it looks exactly like the icon next to his knife charges below and if you look closely you can see that it appears Jason is throwing the knife at the counselor icon.

I'm not sure why I didn't see it before. Not sure why we didn't think about it before. What other button would you hit to bring up the knife throw?

It looks like RAGE was replaced by the throwing knife ability. The little symbol between Jason and the counselor in it looks exactly like the icon next to his knife charges below and if you look closely you can see that it appears Jason is throwing the knife at the counselor icon.

I'm not sure why I didn't see it before. Not sure why we didn't think about it before. What other button would you hit to bring up the knife throw?

I dont think it's the knife throwing ability,because if it was then that would mean that that ability as a cooldown wich would make Jason be able to recharge the amount of knives he has and that would be kinda overpowered since he will always have knives during the entire match.

Looking at the knives counter,it seem to be limited and not recharging at all,and it would be better if he only had a limited amount for gameplay sake.

I think it's obvious that it's the stealth ability,since the icon show Jason going to stab someone from behind,that's a very stealthy looking image.

So no,it's not the knife throwing abiltiy,there's probably a separate button for that.

Not necessarily. It could be active only when you're holding a knife. To me it makes perfect sense, they made Rage a passive ability and reveal a new ability for him to throw knives

In that case you didn't listen, they already said it's not the throwing knifes.

I hope the ability was not the ability to throw knives, I like that being limited to a specific Jason. I would prefer a stealth mode, seems more natural.

id like to be able to use cemetery fence bar spikes to hurt jason. maybe you can remove bars from the cemetery fence.alsoid like to see hidden books that when you open to read the books your safe. just like in resident evil 1

If it is a stealth ability and disables chase music it should also allow him to climb through windows. Now that would be scary. Turning around in a locked cabin and Jason's standing there.

SHODANFreeman likes this