bewareofbears

Jason Takes Manhattan (Part VIII) Model

41 posts in this topic

They did a partial mold, just for the purposes of being able to see what was needed through the eye sockets of the mask.

With the wrong eye missing, but I'm a very broken record on that ;)

There was never a full one, though there are some cool fan-made versions out there, nd it's very much the look the devs will have the most freedom to detail themselves.

(and I'm in agreement about both the look and JGTH in general).

JGTH_KANE_Undermask_Exposed_water.jpg

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2011/04/behind-scenes-jason-goes-to-hell.html

Pretty cool, I just read this a few nights ago. I wonder if there's any concept art from the film that shows the intended look under the mask. I'm all for them coming up with an original design also.

Looks really good! I agree with the skin needing to be lightened a bit but I don't think that this is the finished product is it? They did a really nice job with the face sculpt (even though it's my least favorite in the series).

I agree this is the best looking so far. Helps that Kane "fits" into it (which is why the others can seem a bit off.) Sadly the J6 still needs improvements. Think I'd prefer using a modified version of J8's mask on that one.

So after watching the pax east trailer,seem they didnt tweaked the colors for Part 8 Jason,it's still the same dull dark grey color wich blend with the grey colored skin.

Really think J8's boiler suit desperately needs to be darker for authenticity. It looks a light shade of black in the film. In the PAX trailer it look's a greyish silver. It's too light. I'd like it to be movie-lighting realistic, regardless of how the costume looks in person. I also think the J8 character model itself needs to be of a thicker build. Kane was arguably at his bulkiest of all the movies, in this movie, on a par with CJ's J6 - but he look's as slight as he did as J7. He was definitely bulkier as J8 than he was as J7. In many shots it took me a few seconds to realise it was J8 I was watching and not J7.

The JGTH model looks 10/10. Really, really good. They couldn't have done a better job. Likewise, watching the J6 kill animations was like watching some unseen outtake from Part VI. Very authentic and cool.

I just hope the J8 model gets perfected.  

Risinggrave and bewareofbears like this

It feels to me like he needs the extra 'slimeyness' yet, he's the soggiest/gooiest Jason of the lot and until that texture pass is done he'll remain a little dry-looking to me. Apart from that I think he looks great.

Jason's Whetstone likes this

Really think J8's boiler suit desperately needs to be darker for authenticity. It looks a light shade of black in the film. In the PAX trailer it look's a greyish silver. It's too light. I'd like it to be movie-lighting realistic, regardless of how the costume looks in person. I also think the J8 character model itself needs to be of a thicker build. Kane was arguably at his bulkiest of all the movies, in this movie, on a par with CJ's J6 - but he look's as slight as he did as J7. He was definitely bulkier as J8 than he was as J7. In many shots it took me a few seconds to realise it was J8 I was watching and not J7.

The JGTH model looks 10/10. Really, really good. They couldn't have done a better job. Likewise, watching the J6 kill animations was like watching some unseen outtake from Part VI. Very authentic and cool.

I just hope the J8 model gets perfected.

It feels to me like he needs the extra 'slimeyness' yet, he's the soggiest/gooiest Jason of the lot and until that texture pass is done he'll remain a little dry-looking to me. Apart from that I think he looks great.

I noticed as well, it looks like a pleather jump suit in it's current state. At the very least it needs to be darkened.

Jason's Whetstone likes this

I noticed as well, it looks like a pleather jump suit in it's current state. At the very least it needs to be darkened.

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but does it appear lighter because of light shining off of the slime? 

Visually speaking, Jason 8 is my personal favorite. The one thing that bugged me about the model was that his shirt was tucked in in the back. I'm sure they saw it in the movie, my dang. Who's damn shirt untucks in the front before the back? I mean, c'mon. What's Jason's technique?!

Looking at the pax east trailer you can clearly see that Part 8 coloration feel off when compared to the actual movie,i hoped that it would have been fixed after they revealed the pictures of the model,unless that what was shown in the trailer is still -in progress- footage,im not too sure.

The thing is that as soon as i saw the pictures of Part 8 Jason,i instantly tough 'why is he so gray,like the dev didnt finish coloring him yet',he look like NES Jason but instead of having a blue mask and the whole body purple,he has a yellow mask (wich is fine) and his whole body is grey (wich is not fine).

I find it very difficult to see some of the details on the character because his clothes and skin blend together since they are all shades of grey,for exemples I cant see the ripped sleeves of his shirt,his exposed arms and gloves correctly since they all look like they are fused together because of the similar shades of grey.

If the dev changed the color of his suit to dark black with a little tint of blue and made his skin a bit paler,we would have a more vibrant colored Jason,much more appealing to the eyes.

I really hope the devs have seen this topic and consider a color fix to Part 8 Jason,it would be much appreciated.

And i dont want to see the whole 'it's because of the in-game lightning wich affect the way we perceive the colors' excuse to explain why it's like that,it's pretty clear to our eyes that the coloration is off.

Yeah in the movie his clothes look black, at the least midnight blue. Its off for sure.

Exactly,just look at the first video i posted on the top of page 2 showing the last part of the movie,each time we see Jason we can clearly differentiate his clothes from his skin because of how different the color is on both.

The modeling is fine, but it is in the colors where it fails. It needs a color between dark blue and black, with that "wet" effect on clothes. Instead, the skin should be paler. Currently, the skin with the clothes are not distinguishable to the naked eye and it looks like a generic suit, when it should not be.

yeah i agree the colors are too grey and need to be darken, and his skin way more pale, but they did get the mask really well done.

Agree. The skin is a cream/almost whitish colour. The only Jason skin colour in the series like it. The jumpsuit simply has to be darkened. Everyone's calling for it.