• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
Part VIII Jason was revealed last night at PAX- thoughts?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Photos are from a video during the panel, originally posted on reddit by 'Rainskull'
  • Risinggrave and Brandobscure like this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

I can't wait to see how short the cooldowns for shift and morph are for Part VIII. I don't see a weapon in his hands. Could he be unarmed?

• bewareofbears likes this

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

I can't wait to see how short the cooldowns for shift and morph are for Part VIII. I don't see a weapon in his hands. Could he be unarmed?

I'm still guessing an axe, the concept art had him with one. Unarmed would be cool though- he's a beast in Part 8.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

So far,so good,tough the model will definitely shine once it is colored.

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Looks like one of the most accurate and best ones so far!

Darrin Howard

Darrin Howard

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationHELL

i like how ghoulish part 8 jason looks without his mask.

• The Chosen One likes this

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationU.S.

While I'm not a fan of part 8 as a whole, That Jason managed to pull a "Shape" with the empty evil look. It's frightening. 

• The Arrogant Man likes this

Jason's Whetstone

Jason's Whetstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Oh this is uncolored? I was going to ask, he always seemed like a slimy blue in the film. Model looks great imo

The Chosen One

The Chosen One

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Is he going to be unnaturally moist? I hope so. He was basically rotting that whole film. It's great.  

Steam ID: The Intangible FancyPosted Image

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

I'm feeling they haven't done the final texture pass(es) yet, like the earlier versions of J7.

Jason from Part VIII is the slimiest looking one out of them all, so I imagine this is the 'dry' version at present.

Looks good, though, and they're pretty much done the best job they can with the face.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

I'm feeling they haven't done the final texture pass(es) yet, like the earlier versions of J7.

Jason from Part VIII is the slimiest looking one out of them all, so I imagine this is the 'dry' version at present.

Looks good, though, and they're pretty much done the best job they can with the face.

I noticed as well- he's very grey. The colouring is off but I'm wondering if that's partly lighting. The shade of his mask is off as well but that may be lighting also.

If he received no fixes or minor fixes I'd be content. None of the Jason's have been 100% screen accurate but I'll take them (minus Part 6) over that crap in Mortal Kombat X anyday.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationColorado
They did mention a wet effect so yes I'm sure he will appear slimy like he did in 8
  • GrifterWolf likes this

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
How can they create such accuracy with the J3 and J8 models and drop the ball with J6? Possibly a different team working on each model?

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Looks great. Mask needs a deeper shade of yellow tinge and the suit needs to be darkened further., it was very black in the film...but other than that....thought I was looking at Hodder staring at me haha

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

Yeah i also think the mask should be a bit more yellow/orange,it's the most yellow of all the hockey masks in the franchise.

As for the clothes i think there's supposed to be kinda dark blue,almost black in some of the film scenes,but definitely dark blue.

Cocaine Hodder

Cocaine Hodder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHobb's End, NH

16473959_1641047382577420_2638369349118316473333_1641047385910753_1094374939917616299379_1641047515910740_4771736716713816299519_1641047675910724_86927456766027

• CrazyRalph likes this

VqTm925.jpg

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Looks the most accurate and the best out of them all.
  • Splatterhouse and bewareofbears like this

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

Now that i've seen the pax panel and those bigger pictures posted by Cocaine Hodder,he does look colored.

But im still not sure about the colors tough,the mask is the right color,but the rest doesnt seem accurate enough yet.

The clothes are indeed a much darker color,but it's more like a dark grey,in the movie the clothes seem more like a dark blue or almost black color even when there was a source of light.

And as for the skin color...was it really greyish ? In the movie and that interview show back when the movie was promoted,the color of the skin seem more like kinda white with some tints of yellow and green.

Just saying,seeing the color of the skin and clothes seem to blend together since they are both shades of grey,i think making the clothes dark blue and the skin more white/green/yellow would be a better contrast on Part 8 Jason.

• Splatterhouse and The Phanthom Nico like this

Jason's Whetstone

Jason's Whetstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Looks great. Just needs some blue tinting. Did he have a beer belly in Manhattan?

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Part 8 Jason's face is definitely the most melty of them all, even without the toxic waste. The model looks great. I honestly think all the models look pretty good. The only one that needs slight touching for me is the Part 7 mask feels too flat. Maybe the nose needs to be slightly bigger. The sky isn't going to fall though if the model doesn't get changed.

I kinda hope Jason's shack is in all 3 maps. The original, the lodge and Higgins Haven. It only makes sense.

I kinda wonder if they ever made a mold of Jason's face for Part 9? I kinda doubt it since he's barely featured. I'd actually like it if the Devs decided to get creative with Part 9 and make Jason's face look similar to the demon that body hops in the film. As it is, Part 9 is a chance for the Devs to just do a better job with Part 9 Jason compared to the actual film. I actually like the tucked in shirt, mutilated head, melted hockey mask look of Part 9. Its the movie that's just god awful. He wore gloves and added a belt to his arsenal in Part 6, I see no reason why changing up his waredrobe a little bit in Part 9 would be a big deal breaker.

Now...that god awful jacket look they give Jason in modern media is the look I can't stand. Its just too fashionable for Jason. I hope the Savini Jason isn't modeled after the more modern looking Jasons. I'm hoping for Part 1 and 4 Jason's face, perhaps with the hair he had in Part 2 to make for a younger looking Jason.

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jason Takes Manhattan, Part VIII, Part 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users