bewareofbears

Jason Takes Manhattan (Part VIII) Model

41 posts in this topic

I can't wait to see how short the cooldowns for shift and morph are for Part VIII. I don't see a weapon in his hands. Could he be unarmed?

I'm still guessing an axe, the concept art had him with one. Unarmed would be cool though- he's a beast in Part 8.

I'm feeling they haven't done the final texture pass(es) yet, like the earlier versions of J7.

Jason from Part VIII is the slimiest looking one out of them all, so I imagine this is the 'dry' version at present.

Looks good, though, and they're pretty much done the best job they can with the face.

I'm feeling they haven't done the final texture pass(es) yet, like the earlier versions of J7.

Jason from Part VIII is the slimiest looking one out of them all, so I imagine this is the 'dry' version at present.

Looks good, though, and they're pretty much done the best job they can with the face.

I noticed as well- he's very grey. The colouring is off but I'm wondering if that's partly lighting. The shade of his mask is off as well but that may be lighting also.

If he received no fixes or minor fixes I'd be content. None of the Jason's have been 100% screen accurate but I'll take them (minus Part 6) over that crap in Mortal Kombat X anyday.

Looks great. Mask needs a deeper shade of yellow tinge and the suit needs to be darkened further., it was very black in the film...but other than that....thought I was looking at Hodder staring at me haha

Yeah i also think the mask should be a bit more yellow/orange,it's the most yellow of all the hockey masks in the franchise.

As for the clothes i think there's supposed to be kinda dark blue,almost black in some of the film scenes,but definitely dark blue.

Now that i've seen the pax panel and those bigger pictures posted by Cocaine Hodder,he does look colored.

But im still not sure about the colors tough,the mask is the right color,but the rest doesnt seem accurate enough yet.

The clothes are indeed a much darker color,but it's more like a dark grey,in the movie the clothes seem more like a dark blue or almost black color even when there was a source of light.

And as for the skin color...was it really greyish ? In the movie and that interview show back when the movie was promoted,the color of the skin seem more like kinda white with some tints of yellow and green.

Just saying,seeing the color of the skin and clothes seem to blend together since they are both shades of grey,i think making the clothes dark blue and the skin more white/green/yellow would be a better contrast on Part 8 Jason.

Part 8 Jason's face is definitely the most melty of them all, even without the toxic waste. The model looks great. I honestly think all the models look pretty good. The only one that needs slight touching for me is the Part 7 mask feels too flat. Maybe the nose needs to be slightly bigger. The sky isn't going to fall though if the model doesn't get changed.

I kinda hope Jason's shack is in all 3 maps. The original, the lodge and Higgins Haven. It only makes sense.

I kinda wonder if they ever made a mold of Jason's face for Part 9? I kinda doubt it since he's barely featured. I'd actually like it if the Devs decided to get creative with Part 9 and make Jason's face look similar to the demon that body hops in the film. As it is, Part 9 is a chance for the Devs to just do a better job with Part 9 Jason compared to the actual film. I actually like the tucked in shirt, mutilated head, melted hockey mask look of Part 9. Its the movie that's just god awful. He wore gloves and added a belt to his arsenal in Part 6, I see no reason why changing up his waredrobe a little bit in Part 9 would be a big deal breaker.

Now...that god awful jacket look they give Jason in modern media is the look I can't stand. Its just too fashionable for Jason. I hope the Savini Jason isn't modeled after the more modern looking Jasons. I'm hoping for Part 1 and 4 Jason's face, perhaps with the hair he had in Part 2 to make for a younger looking Jason.

As you can see,the skin seem more of a pale grey color and the clothes being either dark blue or really black.

The model right now feel dull in colors,if the guy working on the models could add a bit more contrast to the colors by toning down the skin to a much paler grey and make the clothes darker with a slight tint of blue,the part 8 model would look much nicer and eye catching to the eyes.

Edit:Im not sure if the costume wich was used during the Arsenio Show is exactly the same wich was used for the movie.

Splatterhouse and Gdain like this

I kinda wonder if they ever made a mold of Jason's face for Part 9? I kinda doubt it since he's barely featured. I'd actually like it if the Devs decided to get creative with Part 9 and make Jason's face look similar to the demon that body hops in the film. As it is, Part 9 is a chance for the Devs to just do a better job with Part 9 Jason compared to the actual film. I actually like the tucked in shirt, mutilated head, melted hockey mask look of Part 9. Its the movie that's just god awful. He wore gloves and added a belt to his arsenal in Part 6, I see no reason why changing up his waredrobe a little bit in Part 9 would be a big deal breaker.

They did a partial mold, just for the purposes of being able to see what was needed through the eye sockets of the mask.

With the wrong eye missing, but I'm a very broken record on that ;)

There was never a full one, though there are some cool fan-made versions out there, nd it's very much the look the devs will have the most freedom to detail themselves.

(and I'm in agreement about both the look and JGTH in general).

JGTH_KANE_Undermask_Exposed_water.jpg

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2011/04/behind-scenes-jason-goes-to-hell.html

Cocaine Hodder likes this

Part 8 Jason is ridiculous! Made me tingle inside lol!

Wish that beginning theme song gave Gun the rights to use it so we could get that vibe while playing as him! Even just a few times during the match!

bewareofbears likes this