Photo

Friday the 13th (part 13)technically NOW CASTING!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

SkeleTony

SkeleTony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. Platinum Dunes has hurt me before, but I didn't hate F13 '09. I am wary of the origin element, but if it's not a big focus, then I can let it slide.

I mainly hope they drop the "Part 13" element of the title. It's stupid and the original canon, obviously, stopped at 10.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
Yeah, technically there was never a part IX F13. So it would be Friday the 13th part IX: Jason comes home or whatever. Newlines fiascos dont count. They never even carried the f13 title.

f13sig_MC.png

CreepingDeath

CreepingDeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Maybe they will drop the XIII and add a number or subtitle, but knowing marketing people, they will probably try to capitalize on the thirteenth movie about Jason somehow

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Bad news I just read they cancelled the film ... hope it's not done for good!?
http://horrorgeeklif...he-13th-reboot/
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

AND THEN it was said New Line would get the rights back in 2018. FFFUUUUCK! F13 truely does have a death curse on it! If Paramount doesnt make it, and NewLine gets their greaseball paws back on it, we can rest assued the next F13 WILL INDEED SUCK.

f13sig_MC.png

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Bad news I just read they cancelled the film ... hope it's not done for good!?
http://horrorgeeklif...he-13th-reboot/

Might as well be. This year the stars were all in line. A Friday the 13th in October. That won't happen again until what, 2024?

Fuck Paramount. 

• CrazyRalph likes this

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Might as well be. This year the stars were all in line. A Friday the 13th in October. That won't happen again until what, 2024?

Fuck Paramount. 

This game launches and blows up on Steam like I expect it to they'll probably be rushing out a script for a rapid fire production to try for a quick cash in.

• Risinggrave likes this

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Disappointing but it's really hard to say I'm all that surprised. I kept my powder dry because of previous problems and delays, and unfortunately it's looking that way again.

It's an open field for Gun & Illfonic now. Big opportunity.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Bad news I just read they cancelled the film ... hope it's not done for good!?http://horrorgeeklif...he-13th-reboot/

The story idea was terrible anyway. I still want Universal to buy the rights.
  • SCREWNUT likes this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
Ive been saying they need to scrap all these newfounded "ideas" and just pick up from part 8 but noooooo!
  • ShankerOne likes this

f13sig_MC.png

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Ive been saying they need to scrap all these newfounded "ideas" and just pick up from part 8 but noooooo!

Hollywood is just now over a decade later figuring out that people are sick of them screwing up perfectly good movie series with crappy half-assed attempts at a reboot.

During that last Friday the 13th movie, all I could think was when is Dean Winchester going to show up. lol

• CrazyRalph likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
It shows they have zero regard for the fan outcry of how these movies are going or what they think of them. Look at the disregard for fans when Harold Ramis died and they told them to leave GB alone. They shitted on them anyways.

f13sig_MC.png

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI

Yeah just wipe 9 and 10 out of existence and make a part 9 over again starting the film out with a new Jason takes manhattan end scene with a good 20 minutes in the city!
  • CrazyRalph likes this

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

Yea I saw this yesterday. Pretty disappointing !  Although if they couldn't do it right then I say don't do it at all !

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Now I read the decision was because f..king "Rings" did bad in theaters they felt like a Friday The 13th would follow the same audience and flop!

And I see comments online with kids making rumors the game is cancelled as well! Man can someone tell me why people online love pretending they know it all?
  • PowellCampsNAKED likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
Because most who comment stupid shit or lies are 10/14 year olds who actually think they know it all loool

f13sig_MC.png

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Thank God!  I don't think I had the energy to live through another reboot.  The 2009 film was terrible.  If they're so gung-ho to do a reboot, why can't they just do a "stranger things" routine and have it set in the early 80's time period.  It's pretty hard to be scared of a masked killer in 2017 when the USA has President Evil in charge of nuclear weapons.  :D  

"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Not happy about this one bit. I was looking forward to a new Friday in the theater no matter the outcome. 

However, Never Hike Alone is still on kickstarter raising funds so we can complete the project for release this summer. 

Let's show Paramount what the fans are made of and please take a moment to check out our page. 

NEVER HIKE ALONE: A FRIDAY THE 13th FAN FILM 

And this is not the same Friday Fan films you are used to. We've been backed by Bloody-Disgusting, Dread Central, Modern Horrors, Friday the 13th Franchise and Camp Blood Podcast, and so many more. 

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

Check out my upcoming short film NEVER HIKE ALONEhttps://youtu.be/HZZzRf3JPSU

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

They also axed World War Z 2

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

The Winter Crystal Lake idea seems like the easiest, no brainer idea of all ideas to bring Jason back with a bang and a solid investment. Yet, the studio execs seem to think the only way to make a new movie that will return bank is if they go down the origin path or a real gimmick path. Which is a shame.

• CrazyRalph likes this

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users