CrazyRalph

Friday the 13th (part 13)technically NOW CASTING!

46 posts in this topic

Might as well be. This year the stars were all in line. A Friday the 13th in October. That won't happen again until what, 2024?

Fuck Paramount. 

This game launches and blows up on Steam like I expect it to they'll probably be rushing out a script for a rapid fire production to try for a quick cash in.

Risinggrave likes this

Disappointing but it's really hard to say I'm all that surprised. I kept my powder dry because of previous problems and delays, and unfortunately it's looking that way again.

It's an open field for Gun & Illfonic now. Big opportunity.

Ive been saying they need to scrap all these newfounded "ideas" and just pick up from part 8 but noooooo!

Hollywood is just now over a decade later figuring out that people are sick of them screwing up perfectly good movie series with crappy half-assed attempts at a reboot.

During that last Friday the 13th movie, all I could think was when is Dean Winchester going to show up. lol

CrazyRalph likes this

It shows they have zero regard for the fan outcry of how these movies are going or what they think of them. Look at the disregard for fans when Harold Ramis died and they told them to leave GB alone. They shitted on them anyways.

Ive been saying they need to scrap all these newfounded "ideas" and just pick up from part 8 but noooooo!

Yeah just wipe 9 and 10 out of existence and make a part 9 over again starting the film out with a new Jason takes manhattan end scene with a good 20 minutes in the city!

CrazyRalph likes this

Yea I saw this yesterday. Pretty disappointing !  Although if they couldn't do it right then I say don't do it at all !

Now I read the decision was because f..king "Rings" did bad in theaters they felt like a Friday The 13th would follow the same audience and flop!

And I see comments online with kids making rumors the game is cancelled as well! Man can someone tell me why people online love pretending they know it all?

PowellCampsNAKED likes this

Thank God!  I don't think I had the energy to live through another reboot.  The 2009 film was terrible.  If they're so gung-ho to do a reboot, why can't they just do a "stranger things" routine and have it set in the early 80's time period.  It's pretty hard to be scared of a masked killer in 2017 when the USA has President Evil in charge of nuclear weapons.  :D  

Not happy about this one bit. I was looking forward to a new Friday in the theater no matter the outcome. 

However, Never Hike Alone is still on kickstarter raising funds so we can complete the project for release this summer. 

Let's show Paramount what the fans are made of and please take a moment to check out our page. 

NEVER HIKE ALONE: A FRIDAY THE 13th FAN FILM 

And this is not the same Friday Fan films you are used to. We've been backed by Bloody-Disgusting, Dread Central, Modern Horrors, Friday the 13th Franchise and Camp Blood Podcast, and so many more. 

The Winter Crystal Lake idea seems like the easiest, no brainer idea of all ideas to bring Jason back with a bang and a solid investment. Yet, the studio execs seem to think the only way to make a new movie that will return bank is if they go down the origin path or a real gimmick path. Which is a shame.

CrazyRalph likes this

I don't know how to feel about this. The concept of the movie just sounded like a bad idea to me.

But the feeling that Friday the 13th got abandoned is also frustrating.

At least this game will give Jason the respect he deserves.

Outline of now dead F13 film to read what "wouldve" been in the new F13 film. Im not going to lie...as excited as I am for a new Jason film, the synopsis isnt good to me. After reading this, im actually glad we dodged the bullet of this 13th f13 film. We need a sequel to part 8. Period. http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3424734/5-things-wouldve-seen-new-friday-13th-reboot/

bewareofbears likes this

Outline of now dead F13 film to read what "wouldve" been in the new F13 film. Im not going to lie...as excited as I am for a new Jason film, the synopsis isnt good to me. After reading this, im actually glad we dodged the bullet of this 13th f13 film. We need a sequel to part 8. Period. http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3424734/5-things-wouldve-seen-new-friday-13th-reboot/

Idk dude I read it and sounded like a good fun dive into stuff we always wondered about and if done right would of been great!

Idk dude I read it and sounded like a good fun dive into stuff we always wondered about and if done right would of been great!

Do you really trust them to have done it right? 

Three killers over one movie. Jason only taking over for like the last half an hour. It sounds like a clusterfuck to me. 

Though I admit things like chopping down the lookout tower rather than going after the victims sound badass. 

They said it takes place in 1988. That's when Part 5 or Part 6 takes place(either 1988 or 1989 based on chronology in the movies). During this time Jason was dead and buried or chained to the bottom of the lake. Unless it's an alternate universe/reboot.