• Please log in to reply
837 replies to this topic

Sikboy1029

Sikboy1029

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

That's the nice thing and the bad thing about a Steam release, no cert. I have a feeling those of us on PC will be waiting until certification on consoles is done, though. We'll probably get a slightly more polished game.

350d47aac6ac46dec6bc882d9075fdf6.jpg

Now hows about the old smash n bash, YEAH!

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

In other words, game is delayed because "CONSOLES". /Rekt!.

Just speculating here, but I would assume it's because those consoles have built in chat functionality already, so they probably require devs to use that instead.

Edit: After typing that I see Wes confirmed the bit about the chat systems.

If we fail console cert, we would more than likely hold the PC launch until console certification has been passed. There would think there would be pitchforks at our doors if we launched on PC and told console players to wait a few months. Right?

Well to be fair, often times it's the other way around. Consoles get the first launch and the PC players get a half-assed port. :P I'd actually bet if it launched and was well-received on PC it would probably help the console sales.

ZeroCool22

ZeroCool22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

If we fail console cert, we would more than likely hold the PC launch until console certification has been passed. There would think there would be pitchforks at our doors if we launched on PC and told console players to wait a few months. Right?

Disagree, ppl don't do that even when a game comes out for one plataform and let the others out, so ppl will not do that here, when it's only a "delayed thing" and also you are saying here the "why" of this, so console players can't blame you for something that's out of yours hands.

Also you can take a look from the other perspective too, PC players being mad cause the CONSOLE delay their version of the game too, 50/50.

G9Br2eY.gif

Brandobscure

Brandobscure

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Thanks for this valuable information, but I confess to be lost now ...
I can not decide if I take the game in PC or PS4 versions ...
It is a difficult choice. ^^

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

Disagree, ppl don't do that even when a game comes out for one plataform and let the others out, so ppl will not do that here, when it's only a "delayed thing" and also you are saying here the "why" of this, so console players can't blame you for something that's out of yours hands.

Also you can take a look from the other perspective too, PC players being mad cause the CONSOLE delay their version of the game too, 50/50.

Right. The point I was trying to make is that there isn't a release date until we pass certification at this point. So there is no delay. But if we give a date now, fail cert, and then stick to the date for PC players and not console players...there would be a riot. We received a tremendous amount of hate emails/message because the beta was PC only. A lot. Hundreds. So while some of that negative backlash was seen publicly, there was a lot that was sent via private message/email. So I'm very confident if we launched on PC and asked console players to wait...well...There's a good chance the responses would escalate in their tone and threat levels. Does that make sense?

ZeroCool22

ZeroCool22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Right. The point I was trying to make is that there isn't a release date until we pass certification at this point. So there is no delay. But if we give a date now, fail cert, and then stick to the date for PC players and not console players...there would be a riot. We received a tremendous amount of hate emails/message because the beta was PC only. A lot. Hundreds. So while some of that negative backlash was seen publicly, there was a lot that was sent via private message/email. So I'm very confident if we launched on PC and asked console players to wait...well...There's a good chance the responses would escalate in their tone and threat levels. Does that make sense?

Well that would be really crazy, but yes maybe society is all fucked up like that, nowadays you never know what ppl is capable of.

G9Br2eY.gif

Sikboy1029

Sikboy1029

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Wes, couldn't you just release the PC version on Steam via early access? A happy medium (only my opinion) would be to release it on early access when you pass console certification, that way PC players get it a little early but there's still a release date for both since early access isn't technically released. I definitely understand wanting to avoid as much rage as possible and really appreciate the transparency. 

• ZeroCool22 likes this

ZeroCool22

ZeroCool22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Wes, couldn't you just release the PC version on Steam via early access? A happy medium (only my opinion) would be to release it on early access when you pass console certification, that way PC players get it a little early but there's still a release date for both. I definitely understand wanting to avoid as much rage as possible and really appreciate the transparency. 

An EA, that is a great idea! Sorry conole players but that's the advantage of having STEAM from our side.

I would like to know if for an EA you still need to pass all the certs. at 100% because an EA is a "in-development game" and it's clear that not everything could works like should.

G9Br2eY.gif

Pothocket

Pothocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Sure. Because our VOIP system by-passes the consoles built in voice. Basically we turn off XB and PS4 voice and force the console to use ours. That's an instant cert failure. 

Glad I already purchased this for pc. But for the console players, they should still expect the VOIP system, correct? Or is that a feature that you'll be forced to remove?

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Glad I already purchased this for pc. But for the console players, they should still expect the VOIP system, correct? Or is that a feature that you'll be forced to remove?

I expect they'll still have it but it will have to be coded to utilize the console system instead of the one they created for the game.

Sikboy1029

Sikboy1029

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

An EA, that is a great idea! Sorry conole players but that's the advantage of having STEAM from our side.

I would like to know if for an EA you still need to pass all the certs. at 100% because an EA is a "in-development game" and it's clear that not everything could works like should.

There is zero cert process on Steam. Allow me to use "Who's Your Daddy" and point out the Arkham Knight fiasco as examples.

ZeroCool22

ZeroCool22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

There is zero cert process on Steam. Allow me to use "Who's Your Daddy" and point out the Arkham Knight fiasco as examples.

A lot better then yet.

PD: It make sense, also they refund system make the buyers life easy, if they don't get what they expected (if not pass the x hours played).

G9Br2eY.gif

Aksana

Aksana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLimestone town, Sweden

well every console user would feel betrayed, and likely abandon ship and go elsewhere if im going to be honest.

• SCREWNUT and bewareofbears like this

Remember it's online but people still get hurt when you are mean

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationCANADA

So what your saying is that I can blame this all on the console players  :angry:..

The shots have been fired.

Yes.  There are more console players then PC players.  Well PC players like to think that they are civilized individuals....I know from personal experience that Console players can be down right nasty..since your offices are in the US of A.... I don't think those would be pitchforks the console players would be bringing! :P   

https://www.steamgif...on-growth-rates

"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

One of many. That's what I was hinting at in an earlier post. Wes it seems was stating that he wanted to see a simultaneous release to avoid angering gamers by releasing on PC before consoles. I was just pointing out that history has often been in reverse, consoles would get these great game releases and PC would have to wait a while and end up with a half-assed port. Arkham Knight was a shining example of this, one in a very long line.

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,940 posts
I think the purpose of this thread was to shed some light on the reasoning behind the no solid date stance. A reality of game development is that when working with multi-platforms you must play by their rules. Now time management is an important aspect of working with multiple platforms. To have a solid release the game rolls out all platforms on release day. I think what a lot of people are thinking of is time exclusives and ports. If you are releasing a game the standard is to release all platforms on release day.

Just some food for thought.
  • DamonD7, wes and TWarner like this

Posted Image

Sikboy1029

Sikboy1029

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

One of many. That's what I was hinting at in an earlier post. Wes it seems was stating that he wanted to see a simultaneous release to avoid angering gamers by releasing on PC before consoles. I was just pointing out that history has often been in reverse, consoles would get these great game releases and PC would have to wait a while and end up with a half-assed port. Arkham Knight was a shining example of this, one in a very long line.

Like the 4 month delay with WWE 2K17 :(

I still think doing early access on steam would be nice as we would have a set date for official release across the board

well every console user would feel betrayed, and likely abandon ship and go elsewhere if im going to be honest.

Pffft....with that logic any PC player who reads this thread would cancel their order, not gonna happen

• ZeroCool22 likes this

ZeroCool22

ZeroCool22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

I think the purpose of this thread was to shed some light on the reasoning behind the no solid date stance. A reality of game development is that when working with multi-platforms you must play by their rules. Now time management is an important aspect of working with multiple platforms. To have a solid release the game rolls out all platforms on release day. I think what a lot of people are thinking of is time exclusives and ports. If you are releasing a game the standard is to release all platforms on release day.

Just some food for thought.

OK, so we (PC gamers) are attached to the CONSOLE approbation times, and nothing can't change that to let it clear.

G9Br2eY.gif

ZeroCool22

ZeroCool22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Like the 4 month delay with WWE 2K17 :(

I still think doing early access on steam would be nice as we would have a set date for official release across the board

Learning what they wrote, sadly, that would not happen.

At least now, we don't have false expectations of a soon release anymore.

• Sikboy1029 likes this

G9Br2eY.gif

Pothocket

Pothocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I expect they'll still have it but it will have to be coded to utilize the console system instead of the one they created for the game.

After rereading that part I did notice that they would work with Sony/MS to bypass this failure. So that's good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users