239 replies to this topic

Darrin Howard

Darrin Howard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationHELL

Well im sure that there is alot of funds for maps,as the backer kit campaign continues to roll in the cash.

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

i hope it releases before the end of march or else my hype will be completeley dead on release

About interest on this game cooling off...

While F13 was in development if didn't have a MASSIVE following in the first place, and when the Beta went live on twitch I think it blindsided both the devs and fanbase how big it got and how quickly it got there. The devs didn't expect the hype train to explode all over the internet like it did. So honestly even if hype for the game dies down by half they would still have a LOT more eyes on this game than they expected to.

Also your hype shouldn't stop them from releasing a balanced and properly finished product. Its fine to be hyped, but theirs such a thing as over hyped.

Illfonic and Gunmedia should show fans why its worth the wait. show us maps that are planned to acccompany the game. show us story mode.show us Manhattan Map. show us Pamela Voorhees.The Abandoned run down part of crystal lake.secret cabins,the town. story mode.

Uhhh, WHAT?! None of that was ever confirmed to be... or even RUMORED to be in development.(except story mode) Their is NO WAY they can show us purely fictional pipe dreams.

As for the maps that actually exist they just showed us Packanack at pax.

I feel like since we have no new information and we've pretty much beaten our theories of the game like a dead horse, everyone's going feral. Hopefully we get some new info soon so we can discuss.

Man... A lot of folks seem to forget that it was less than a month ago that they showed off J8, major game play changes, hinted a new ability and shots of Packanack lodge.

We got a lot of information not too long ago.

• SHODANFreeman and Gdain like this

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
I know. It's just it's all been discussed I feel. We've gone through and discussed the part 6 look, throwing knives, speculations on the lodge, new stuns, new Jason ability and counselors being able to be run over with a car. I don't want another beta for fear of game delay but that's when the forums peaked. Since they are being secretive about the final release content, and I don't blame them, topics are just starting to fizzle without anything new to talk about. Just my feelings on it. Topics are starting to boarder on the ridiculous.
  • CrazyRalph and bewareofbears like this

Kannon Blasphemy

Kannon Blasphemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas
They are not being secretive about the date. They just don't have one. What they are really giving us is a hopeful time frame by keeping with the"Early 2017" call. When they really can announce a date they will.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

I know. It's just it's all been discussed I feel. We've gone through and discussed the part 6 look, throwing knives, speculations on the lodge, new stuns, new Jason ability and counselors being able to be run over with a car. I don't want another beta for fear of game delay but that's when the forums peaked. Since they are being secretive about the final release content, and I don't blame them, topics are just starting to fizzle without anything new to talk about. Just my feelings on it. Topics are starting to boarder on the ridiculous.

Some of the topics are crazy. :)

I wouldn't mind more info but I'm kind of enjoying them going dark for a bit. Why hype something when there's no firm release date, right? Maybe when their ducks are in a row they can restart the hyping. I think some folks felt misled with all the hype leading to a delay and then a vague release timeframe.
  • Gdain likes this

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
I said nothing about them being secretive about the release date, I mentioned final content. 🙄

DoctorSlaughter

DoctorSlaughter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSomeplace, Somewhere

https://twitter.com/...503957784236032

Well, at least we know that they are currently in the process of certification. Now all we need to play the waiting game, wondering what Ronnie means when he says "soon".

PSN: BowBeforeDoctor

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

https://twitter.com/...503957784236032

Well, at least we know that they are currently in the process of certification. Now all we need to play the waiting game, wondering what Ronnie means when he says "soon".

Take anything from Twitter with a grain of salt, they're much more pre-occupied with attempts at being clever than providing clarification or details these days.
  • ShankerOne likes this

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Take anything from Twitter with a grain of salt, they're much more pre-occupied with attempts at being clever than providing clarification or details these days.

Pretty much. Someone recently said they were in pre-certification (May have been Jpop, not sure. I'll try to find it and add it later), so that could be what he meant as well, which I believe means they're still tweaking for the cert submission. Time will tell anywho.

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Certification is a non-stop back and forth process with literally hundreds of hours of QA each time a build is submitted.

Microsoft cert is especially tough.  Larger developers/publishers can effectively brute force this by focusing hundreds of devs on it in order to submit daily builds fixing every issue found in every wave of cert.

Indie devs have to just work their asses off and hope the next build has no glaring oversights, but in the world of software development, sometimes you fix one bug and create seven.

TL;DR: It's a much more complicated process than anyone seems to realize.  There's a ton of hoops to jump through.

BPX

BPX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the updates. I check this message board every couple of months and usually see something interesting each time.

I'm hoping for anow XB1 beta sometime this Spring. **fingers crossed**

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationColorado

Certification is a non-stop back and forth process with literally hundreds of hours of QA each time a build is submitted.

Microsoft cert is especially tough.  Larger developers/publishers can effectively brute force this by focusing hundreds of devs on it in order to submit daily builds fixing every issue found in every wave of cert.

Indie devs have to just work their asses off and hope the next build has no glaring oversights, but in the world of software development, sometimes you fix one bug and create seven.

TL;DR: It's a much more complicated process than anyone seems to realize.  There's a ton of hoops to jump through.

I also theorize that each time they submit and the cert process hits a snag that Gun needs to change, they need to fix it and resubmit. It's not like they can take each problem Microsoft or Sony points out, turn it over in an hour and try again. I suggest people keep patient with it. We will get it. They are trying to be as open about it as they can without setting unrealistic expectations, which is what this post was all about in the first place.

• Risinggrave and ShankerOne like this

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

I also theorize that each time they submit and the cert process hits a snag that Gun needs to change, they need to fix it and resubmit. It's not like they can take each problem Microsoft or Sony points out, turn it over in an hour and try again. I suggest people keep patient with it. We will get it. They are trying to be as open about it as they can without setting unrealistic expectations, which is what this post was all about in the first place.

Patience is a virtue when it comes to coding and game development in general. It will likely never happen, but something that I would personally love to see is an update from Gun on each step of the process that shows a summery of what they have to do to ready the game for the cert process to both Microsoft and Sony, a report on the day of the submission, and any issues that crop up should that be rejected, explaining what it is they have to do to correct the issues and then repeat that until the game is approved.

That's not me rushing the game mind you, it's really more of a curiosity I have about how additional parts of the game industry work. I would really like to see that relayed as it happens to gain some new insight. Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen because they'd probably get beaten over the head by some of the more hostile elements of the community for something outside of their control. And that is why we can't have nice things.

• Risinggrave likes this

xXxEspoxXx

xXxEspoxXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCanada

okay so if any of you would put money down on what the release date would be, what would you say

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Location***
Early 2017 lol
  • Risinggrave likes this

xXxEspoxXx

xXxEspoxXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCanada

Early 2017 lol

Yes, but i mean a better rough estimate by us forum users.

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationColorado

Yes, but i mean a better rough estimate by us forum users.

lol well my theory is March, but if you look at it in quarters, the first 3 months should be considered 'Early'

Overall though the definition of 'Early' could be April or something

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

ShankerOne

ShankerOne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

lol well my theory is March, but if you look at it in quarters, the first 3 months should be considered 'Early'

Overall though the definition of 'Early' could be April or something

Ok. I'll play: April 14th.

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

I consider 'early' quarters so if it doesn't come out by the end of march then i consider it mid year

tumblr_oj0jj7ttFT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif 

I'm about as stupid as most people online but not as stupid as this gif 

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

its actually in thirds early, middle and end. So going by that Jan-April is "early 2017" should be out by 30th of april otherwise its then mid 2017

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users