wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

1,636 posts in this topic

I'm out of likes- this deserves one. :)

I'm out of them too, Scott. I think they may be gone forever.

Got ya covered.

Got ya covered.

The irony is i can't like your assistance without going longhand. 

Thanks.

Edit: I just became aware Bob said that and not Scott. Going back to edit.

What do you mean? All North Korean games launch gloriously with impeccable success, to the adulation of all, with all players crying tears of joy to see the fruits of the infallible wisdom of the great leader!

The Great Successor Kim Jong Un has killed Jason 3495 times in under 50 seconds, and has saved over 27 counselors in each and every match!

kim_jong_un_ssblawl_movelist_by_hakuxtem

All I could think of when I saw that image was the pint sized parodied version of He-Man screaming BY THE POWER OF PRE-SCHOOL!

Also, truth.

Don't worry guys, MS has spent all month on kinect functionality and they're about to get the waggle just right.

~Live scenes from the F13 Kinect Playtest~

I can't imagine why this thing wasn't a bigger success.  :lol:

(Fun Fact: For those unaware, Project Natal was the development code name for what became the Kinect.)
bewareofbears likes this

All I could think of when I saw that image was the pint sized parodied version of He-Man screaming BY THE POWER OF PRE-SCHOOL!

Also, truth.

~Live scenes from the F13 Kinect Playtest~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqv1wYCEYh4

I can't imagine why this thing wasn't a bigger success.  :lol:

(Fun Fact: For those unaware, Project Natal was the development code name for what became the Kinect.)

That video is hilarious and terrifying. :)

I can't believe only 10 days are left in this month. Maybe we'll get a release date this Friday and then maybe a release on this coming Tuesday? Yes? No? </3

Do ya know what happens....guys...when you keep on making up ways to delay the launch? Do ya know what happens....when you keep extending the meaning of Early 2017? Do ya know what happens, when you keep adding things to be added? Do ya? HUH!?

YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!

AaTrw6X.jpg

You Stupid Idiots

I can't believe only 10 days are left in this month. Maybe we'll get a release date this Friday and then maybe a release on this coming Tuesday? Yes? No? </3

Giving the date on Friday for a release Tuesday would make sense but not much makes sense around here. I'd say here's hoping but my hope is almost exhausted. :)

JasonVoorhees13 likes this

FGtWtAG.png

*10 days until the end of early 2017*

The final countdown should be in Roman numerals

5 days until possible delay on ps

If it's delayed for one it's delayed for all

What do you mean? All North Korean games launch gloriously with impeccable success, to the adulation of all, with all players crying tears of joy to see the fruits of the infallible wisdom of the great leader!

The Great Successor Kim Jong Un has killed Jason 3495 times in under 50 seconds, and has saved over 27 counselors in each and every match!

kim_jong_un_ssblawl_movelist_by_hakuxtem

Blimey, he's on par with Darrin Howard then! Except the only difference is Darrin Howard used his trusty shovel and demon dogs to win.

Are many indie games released on days other than Tuesday on PSN/XBox? I don't have any idea but it's been mentioned repeatedly the AAA companies get the special perks so I imagine it would be difficult for these guys to get a release on an off-day. Basically, the release date has to be April 25th or it's delayed. Unless someone can show otherwise?

Are many indie games released on days other than Tuesday on PSN/XBox? I don't have any idea but it's been mentioned repeatedly the AAA companies get the special perks so I imagine it would be difficult for these guys to get a release on an off-day. Basically, the release date has to be April 25th or it's delayed. Unless someone can show otherwise?

Games are not tied to a specific day however they generally are early in the week or late in the week. Games usually release on a Tuesday or a Friday however it is not a rule, it just makes it easier to choose beginning or end of week.

Bishi Boshi likes this

Games are not tied to a specific day however they generally are early in the week or late in the week. Games usually release on a Tuesday or a Friday however it is not a rule, it just makes it easier to choose beginning or end of week.

Yea, I really don't know. I know Tuesday is the main day for Playstation releases but I can't think of any examples of games released on a different day. I'm sure there must be some though.

I'd kill for a release this Friday... or more so I'd be killing counselors if it released Friday.

Yea, I really don't know. I know Tuesday is the main day for Playstation releases but I can't think of any examples of games released on a different day. I'm sure there must be some though.

I'd kill for a release this Friday... or more so I'd be killing counselors if it released Friday.

The reason is primarily because the digital store updates on particular days. So with that in mind it's safe to say that games that will not be avaliable digital, rare as they may be, does not have to adhere to this restriction and can release whenever.

The only examples I can for sure give you are for some MMORPGs that launch early access to their games prior to launch, often on Friday but sometimes as early as Thursday prior. Thing there though is that those games have, in my experience, generally launched with their own clients separate from platforms like Steam.

Yeah, I think I may remember some of those. I think Battlefront was like that- which sounds like something EA would do: pay extra to play a couple days before anyone else.

Yeah, I think I may remember some of those. I think Battlefront was like that- which sounds like something EA would do: pay extra to play a couple days before anyone else.

Many of the MMO ones were just preorder bonuses. Preorder now and play 3 days early. That sort of thing. Was a handy incentive as it let you start playing on the weekend instead of the middle of the week.

I have a feeling people will be pissed no matter what they do at this point:

*releases April*

"Oh yeah you BARELY made the deadline lol"

*releases in May*

"You guys are money hounding liars"

They're really in a no win situation.