wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

1,636 posts in this topic

I have to point out that your signature, the thug on the far right immediately reaches for his weapon, he doesn't even process what just happened xD

He will learn...

tumblr_mvcgl4OJGS1sfwczro2_400.gif

I'll be fine if they need to delay the game

I'll not, this is already the second delay if it happen, btw this kind of message encourages them to do so. I just hope they keep his WORD!

We are still without news. I have seen how some people have gone from saying "Quiet, they are being honest" to saying "They are not being honest and are not giving any information," so I think I may think some of us are too nervous. There are only 11 days left for the end of the window, so I hope that if we are going to see a delay, they be honest and saying that soon as possible.

Right now the only information we all want is "Hey, we have a release date" or "Hey, we have to delay the launch for these reasons." Everything else they can give us right now will not comfort us.

JasonVoorhees13 likes this

We are still without news. I have seen how some people have gone from saying "Quiet, they are being honest" to saying "They are not being honest and are not giving any information," so I think I may think some of us are too nervous. There are only 11 days left for the end of the window, so I hope that if we are going to see a delay, they be honest and saying that soon as possible.

Right now the only information we all want is "Hey, we have a release date" or "Hey, we have to delay the launch for these reasons." Everything else they can give us right now will not comfort us.

I hear ya. What my suspicions are though, are contractual obligations to remain silent until approved, and not just by the Cert. boards, but also Mr. Cunningham himself. I'm sure there are unannounced clauses that require the A ok from other shareholders. He did 'gift' them the license, but it doesn't mean he will let it go without eyes on, and approval agreed.

SurvivalGirl likes this

I'll not, this is already the second delay if it happen, btw this kind of message encourages them to do so. I just hope they keep his WORD!

Would be the 3rd delay. Oct 2016, Fall 2016, Early 2017.

I do hope for it's release very soon and would be devastated at another delay... but ultimately, it has to be a success... they rightly deserve that much at-least. I do hope at the very minimum we are kept well informed.

SurvivalGirl and Mark K like this

Would be the 3rd delay. Oct 2016, Fall 2016, Early 2017.

I do hope for it's release very soon and would be devastated at another delay... but ultimately, it has to be a success... they rightly deserve that much at-least. I do hope at the very minimum we are kept well informed.

Can't argue with that. It has been a looong wait for those of us on board from the start.

It seems they are losing control while we lose our nerves and think what might be happening right now.

Theres 1,000's of people asking for a release date everywhere on the net. Its because where only 11 days away from the end of early 2017 and 6 days away from official delay on playstation. The guys at gun are tight lipped and not telling us anything. It is becoming oct 2016 all over again. It still bothers me big time that when they first announced the delay in oct. the poster said spring 2017 and then all of gun said that was wrong it would be early 2017 giving us false hope of a jan, feb, or march  release not the very last min of early 2017 or even 2017. This is making gun look bad. They should have had a release date along time ago. that is just poor planing on their half. I hope we here something soon.

Impactedmedal38 likes this

DBD has to be quaking in their boots, the hype train is sooo huge for Friday now the servers are going to explode on release. Not to mention it is the 'official' Friday franchise we're talking about here. Copies and imitations are doomed...they're allll doooomed!!! ;)

The biggest issue is exposure and awareness. I'm not sure how much mindshare F13 has outside of the horror community. DbD's wasn't that great either, to be honest, but it had a decent amount at least.

So it's not just about having a better game. (Not just balance, I mean F13's beta map was better than all of DbD combined)

The biggest issue is exposure and awareness. I'm not sure how much mindshare F13 has outside of the horror community. DbD's wasn't that great either, to be honest, but it had a decent amount at least.

So it's not just about having a better game. (Not just balance, I mean F13's beta map was better than all of DbD combined)

I don't foresee Friday the 13th to have much of an issue exposure-wise. Any film enthusiast, young or old can associate the cult status. The gameplay is very important, and as long as it takes the player to that nostalgic world, it will recreate or at the very least reinvigor, the franchise. Time and communication relating to the game and it's whereabouts regarding status are becoming a factor however, and it is causing confusion and anger among the masses.

Can't believe how close we're getting to the end of the month and still nothing. I'm leaning towards they want to do a surprise drop, because if they had a delay they should know by now it'd be in poor taste to wait until the very end of the window to announce it. Shoutout to everyone who's still here and holding out... Can't believe how long I've been on board with this game now lol. I have never, ever cared enough about a game to track all of its progress, but for some reason this game just continues to rope me in. Hoping for good news this week or by early next week  :)

Can't believe how close we're getting to the end of the month and still nothing. I'm leaning towards they want to do a surprise drop, because if they had a delay they should know by now it'd be in poor taste to wait until the very end of the window to announce it. Shoutout to everyone who's still here and holding out... Can't believe how long I've been on board with this game now lol. I have never, ever cared enough about a game to track all of its progress, but for some reason this game just continues to rope me in. Hoping for good news this week or by early next week  :)

Amen to that!

Juez likes this

That's all it can be now. Just a surprise drop or the aforementioned "poor taste" last second delay. Quite literally down to the home stretch at this point. I'm inclined to believe they have a date. But if I'm wrong I'd rather they go ahead and just say it.

DialM, Impactedmedal38 and Juez like this

That's all it can be now. Just a surprise drop or the aforementioned "poor taste" last second delay. Quite literally down to the home stretch at this point. I'm inclined to believe they have a date. But if I'm wrong I'd rather they go ahead and just say it.

I really hope they don't keep saying early 2017 then do a last minute delay that would be f up.

I can't remember if they did that for fall 2016

I really hope they don't keep saying early 2017 then do a last minute delay that would be f up.

I can't remember if they did that for fall 2016

Well their Twitter chat would seem to indicate that they're probably locked in for a date somewheres given that they can't get PS4 preorders due to not having enough heads up time to get added to the calendar. So unless something changes, it does sound like they're prepping for liftoff.

New tease-shot on twitter.

C9yzcekW0AEiUus.jpg

And this was a recent facebook response in regards to the release date:

6zJDPyA.jpg

Ooh boy, 5 traps for good old Sackhead. Some may be up in arms about that, but I think it's a perfect amount if they can't be reclaimed. Helps him keep everything in check

And we've had news since then.

And I believe we just got the very last thing they had left in the news and reveal reserves with the Savini Jason. Next up it's release date or bust. :)

And I believe we just got the very last thing they had left in the news and reveal reserves with the Savini Jason. Next up it's release date or bust. :)

Lol, next will be Counselor Clothing Pack I bet. THEN Release date.

Lexandremon likes this

Lol, next will be Counselor Clothing Pack I bet. THEN Release date.

Ya see. See...Traffic was flowing nice and then suddenly you had to derail everything with that. lol

ikarikh and DialM like this