wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

1,636 posts in this topic

I was dropping a Darrin Howard comedy anchor through the icey surface of a thread that had become salty. :)

In other words you let the salt weaken the ice and dropped the anchor in an attempt to kill us all. 

In most forums, you'd be a bad guy. Here, you're a saint. 

In other words you let the salt weaken the ice and dropped the anchor in an attempt to kill us all. 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   ;)  Brilliant! 

Risinggrave likes this

IN OTHER WORDS, you used a tome of dark magic and astral currents to summon an anchor to drop through the fog that hangs over Crystal Lake!

Hey, looks like Tommy found something interesting at the book store..

(view this in full screen)

9s6luw.jpg

Boy you guys are passionate as fuck lol

Damn right. It's a rip tide of passion. Everyone's knows the developers have already casted a huge wave for all to ride on. We saw the gradients of nature's ocean bed being moved in December. People shouldn't get shot down for debating the launch....they're just waiting to hit that incoming wave.  

JasonVoorhees13 and Neko20 like this

Damn right. It's a rip tide of passion. Everyone's knows the developers have already casted a huge wave for all to ride on. We saw the gradients of nature's ocean bed being moved in December. People shouldn't get shot down for debating the launch....they're just waiting to hit that incoming wave.

That was poetic bro, I'm waiting to ride that wave myself

Someone just get done watching "Point Break?" Lots of cryptic surfer talk, dude! :)

hahaha yep I sound like a Wayne's World and Bill and Ted character...too much early 90's for Splatterhouse!  :lol:  ;)  :lol:

JasonVoorhees13 likes this

Sometimes... the waves are just too much.

surfing-injuries-thesurferspot-com.jpg

This only generally happens if you're shit at riding the waves of life! ;)

The fucking violent poet !!

PD_ Only Joke !!!

Or you come across this:

*Picture of some horrible shit. Scroll up if you want to see it.*

"The Waves of Life"

Shit like that is why I don't swim. 

Or you come across this:

1sWYMtK.jpg

"The Waves of Life"

Even scientists believe we know more about space than we do our own oceans! That's a fact. Okay Resolution that was a good metaphoric photo reply. ;)

The vicious, unpredictable under currents of life may bring all of us down into deep waters!  :)

(Edit: was going to say "dark waters"...but I think I've welled the Darrin Howard joke well dry) 

Even scientists believe we know more about space than we do our own oceans! That's a fact. 

I've said it once, and it bears repeating since I quoted this post. Shit like that is why I don't swim.. 

(Edit: was going to say "dark waters"...but I think I've welled the Darrin Howard joke well dry) 

Never. 

I've said it once, and it bears repeating since I quoted this post. Shit like that is why I don't swim.. 

Never. 

I do agree. Probably watched "JAWS" at too young an age like I did.  :lol:  I always hate "the sea", you're always at the mercy of any aquatic wildlife...and you never know when one of these monsters might spot you as dinner!  

(Rather die by a shark than a Crocodile though!)

I do agree. Probably watched "JAWS" at too young an age like I did.  :lol:  I always hate "the sea", you're always at the mercy of any aquatic wildlife...and you never know when one of these monsters might spot you as dinner!    (Rather die by a shark than a Crocodile though!)

It's also the dark unknown. That primal fear of what we can't see. You could be swimming with somebody and look away, then you look back they are just gone. Snatched. And you think that could have been you, existing one second and nothing the next. 

So we're coming up on the end of early 2017 in about two weeks. There's been some activity with the devs but nothing that indicates a release date. So if they haven't passed console certification, and I'm guessing each trial of certification takes about a week, then this game isn't going to be ready by the end of April. 

So I'm really wondering what Gun's plan is going to be if they can't meet the broad completion date they set for themselves so they wouldn't have to worry about not meeting an actual date. Because we are getting to that point. Things haven been really quiet and while new game information is nice, none of it sounds like it's final. I can't help but feel like the game isn't even finished yet and the console certification is a whole other issue. 

So we're coming up on the end of early 2017 in about two weeks. There's been some activity with the devs but nothing that indicates a release date. So if they haven't passed console certification, and I'm guessing each trial of certification takes about a week, then this game isn't going to be ready by the end of April.

So I'm really wondering what Gun's plan is going to be if they can't meet the broad completion date they set for themselves so they wouldn't have to worry about not meeting an actual date. Because we are getting to that point. Things haven been really quiet and while new game information is nice, none of it sounds like it's final. I can't help but feel like the game isn't even finished yet and the console certification is a whole other issue.

It's done, but what they are doing is polishing and tweaks that can be done without going through cert. It's nothing new. It's the same reason you get day one patches. Just because the game is "finished" doesn't mean the work ends.
makred78 and DialM like this

should they launch to PC then?