wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

1,636 posts in this topic

I will more than gladly take this criticism because in the end we have one shot to deliver a first experience and we want it to be one you'll remember fondly. 

Dude, you guys could have dropped the beta, glitches and all as final product and still been the best F13 medium ever. Anything more is just gravy. 

Definitely worth the wait. 

christheimp likes this

I don't see how that was portrayed as an "official statement". Someone simply did the math of seasons, months and days - compared it to the announced release date time scale, and made a light-hearted joke meme about it.

It's understandable that the developers can get a little weathered about the whole "release date thing". Just a casual look through social media page comments, and their repetitive nature - is enough to almost give me an aneurysm at times. But I do think the over-the-top hysteria we've seen on social media since October when the developers quite rightly delayed the game to make it even better - has contributed to making this "meme thing" an "issue".

This was good natured banter between forum community members that have been on the forums for a long time, bantering each other. Absolutely zero malice was meant. 

Also a big believer in "ANY publicity, is good publicity". The game has outdone some huge names in Twitch viewings....constantly smashed others in "most awaited games" polls...had an overwhelmingly warm response from almost everyone that played it. When you break everything down to the molecular level and mindsight of gamers...the hysteria is the greatest gift the game could have. The metaphoric whirlpool of expectation is a great thing. 

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they know Sardines are going to be thrown into the sea.

Couple things I'm going to add; 

1. JPops is a volunteer with our forum and one of the most reliable guys I know. His work is incredibly appreciated and he's been a hell of a guy to rely on for help with our incredibly limited resources. Keep in mind, he is a volunteer and is not a member of Gun, IllFonic or anyone on the Friday the 13th team. 

2. You have every single right to insult me, yell at me, blame me, throw me under the bus or try to be snarky with me all you want. I am a person and I will respond as I see fit, but I won't silence you for opinions, ideas or thoughts. What I will silence is direct misinformation. The countdown has been presented as an 'official statement,' from one user to demand news under threat. That presentation is on a thread that has over 75K+ views on a topic that has been hotly discussed by our team and others. When a user gets on our forums and states his internal timeline as authoritative, I will not abide.

You are more than welcome to speculate. You are more than welcome to create your own timeline for what defines 'Early 2017,' and you can be as angry at me or the rest of Gun as you like because we aren't bowing to your pressure. That's entirely acceptable; but as soon as you cross a line and try to create an official statement on our forums without actually representing anyone on the F13 team, we're going to have a problem. Yes, the game of telephone is hard, but when we see the specific source of the issue taking place on our forums, we will do everything we can to ensure that people are made aware that it is in no way representative to our team, our timeline or our game. 

We went over the aspect of Early 2017 as defined by any time from January to April. By all accounts, our team is on track with our target of Early 2017, and we will not give you a specific date until we are 100% certain on what that day is. I promise you this, we are doing every single possible thing we can to ensure that you guys get this game and when you do you're going to have a smile on your face. I will more than gladly take this criticism because in the end we have one shot to deliver a first experience and we want it to be one you'll remember fondly. 

You guys do your thing. Don't let a few spoiled children ruffle any feathers. We know that you guys have been doing everything to get this game out. It is very much appreciated.

Those who have criticisms for you and the team wouldn't last a day in your shoes. Everyone has a mouth in the age of the internet ... but a mouth with no substance. 9/10 times, that same person would NOT say the same to your face.

You guys just keep doing what you've been, we know the game is coming. 

As for the snowflakes ... let em' bitch, it's the only thing they're good at.

You guys do your thing. Don't let a few spoiled children ruffle any feathers. We know that you guys have been doing everything to get this game out. It is very much appreciated.

Those who have criticisms for you and the team wouldn't last a day in your shoes. Everyone has a mouth in the age of the internet ... but a mouth with no substance. 9/10 times, that same person would NOT say the same to your face.

You guys just keep doing what you've been, we know the game is coming. 

As for the snowflakes ... let em' bitch, it's the only thing they're good at.

Don't confuse forum members with the hysteria you see and read on social media. :) "snowflakes"? Why does everyone have a "Donald Trump's little book of slogans" these days?  :lol:

JasonVoorhees13, DialM and Gdain like this

Don't confuse forum members with the hysteria you see and read on social media. :) "snowflakes"? Why does everyone have a "Donald Trump's little book of slogans" these days?  :lol:

Eh, there's a few on the forums who spew just the same amount of garbage hate because they don't have instant gratification.

Side note: Snowflake was used to describe the poor, delicate souls who are offended by everything before Donald Trump came along lol :) (as a candidate/president I mean)

Eh, there's a few on the forums who spew just the same amount of garbage hate because they don't have instant gratification.

Side note: Snowflake was used to describe the poor, delicate souls who are offended by everything before Donald Trump came along lol :) (as a candidate/president I mean)

I think they're few and far between on the forums. I haven't really seen any evidence of social media style "pacifier spitting" or "toy-out-the-pram throwing" release date hysterics. That certainly hasn't been evident in this thread. It's nothing like social media. I also don't think the people bantering in this thread are "offended". :)   

There's a lot of anger and name-calling going on here.

The only thing worth mentioning at the moment is no one at any time was trying to represent the countdown I started as official. I'm not sure if the cat pictures or Count von Count didn't automatically give it away. Basically, the statement that I was representing myself as part of the team is completely inaccurate- either very misinformed or a blatant lie.

Regardless, get over it. It's been shut down. :P

Juez, Super Ty and SCREWNUT like this

Well, that escalated quickly. :) I'm off for a few days and you guys burn the forum down. :P

Anywho, I see there's still no news yet (aside from that minor forum forest fire) so I'll pop back off to some other game for a bit. Hope everyone is well.

Well you guys know what?

Despite being angry about this last minute release shit, i'm actually really grateful for one thing in particular. Haven't heard of Crazy Lixx before this game, and the music is right at home with me. So if nothing else, i got a new band to listen to. And that's fresh.

Splatterhouse and SCREWNUT like this

"Delay" and "Failure" mean two very different things. Don't skew the context.

They're saying early 2017. A delay would be a failure to meet their goal. See how that works now?
SCREWNUT likes this

They're saying early 2017. A delay would be a failure to meet their goal. See how that works now?

Give it up, you're arguing over word usage and perception of it. Failure is an acceptable outcome of any endeavour. There are multiple ways that any game or it's development team can and will experience failure. There are no participation trophies in business.

I love how you call a countdown to failure light hearted and your excuse of it being you "just stating your opinion" when it was totally unnecessary is a load too. Even if you do look at like that then you were simply spamming the same "opinion" every day and weren't providing anything useful to the discussion.

Look I personally probably would not have shut it down, but to act like it was anything other than counting down to their failure is just wrong. I mean think about it. If you're at work trying to produce something for a client and every single day you get an elaborate email saying "6 days until you fail at your job and I don't care what you say about when you'll have it to me. I know you're going to fail." Would you smile about that and think "That's so awesome." or would you be thinking "Fuck you mother fucker. You don't even know what's actually going on here."?

I assume I was misquoted, because if you check, I have been explaining why prematurely calling the game delayed & the countdown were bad ideas.

One thing that I find weird, the release window, Early 2017, meaning January to April, has been confirmed by the devs.

Now the game won't be out in March, but they're still saying Early 2017, instead of April (the last month of their window).

Don't know what conclusions we should draw from that

DialM and Impactedmedal38 like this

Don't confuse forum members with the hysteria you see and read on social media. :) "snowflakes"? Why does everyone have a "Donald Trump's little book of slogans" these days? :lol:

Yeah no we are stopping this here and now.

Give it up, you're arguing over word usage and perception of it. Failure is an acceptable outcome of any endeavour. There are multiple ways that any game or it's development team can and will experience failure. There are no participation trophies in business.

Yes failure is acceptable, but who the fuck wants someone telling them every fucking day that they are going fail? Like I said would you be ok with someone coming to your job and counting down the days until you fail? I don't think so. Even though I know your response to that will be "I wouldn't care." but you'd be lying. It would irritate you having some asshole say "You are a liar. You won't get me my product when you say you will." while you're busting your ass to get it done.

I assume I was misquoted, because if you check, I have been explaining why prematurely calling the game delayed & the countdown were bad ideas.

Not exactly. You claimed the countdown was light hearted, but it wasn't you claiming it's expressing an opinion which was my mistake. That was bewareofbears. My point still stands though. That being I don't feel it was light hearted. It was pure negativity no matter how you look at it.

So.......

How about that Friday the 13th game? Looking pretty good,I'd say.

part of me is a little sad they never created an SNES version. Shit i hope a company does that someday. Create an NES game, then move up in generation graphic until modern day.

Kinda like uh what's the name....evoland. That was fun. I just want a good 16 bit game again for old times sake really.

thatdudescott likes this

When this does release in early 2017,I wonder how many Jason's will be available from the beginning? I'm going to be grinding hard to get to JGTH.

part of me is a little sad they never created an SNES version. Shit i hope a company does that someday. Create an NES game, then move up in generation graphic until modern day.

Kinda like uh what's the name....evoland. That was fun. I just want a good 16 bit game again for old times sake really.

That would have been really cool, sort of like an arcade version of LJN's classic. So many wasted opportunities. ;)

The game is coming guys... we know that. We all want it. Let's just stay positive. Being negative isn't gonna make it come any faster! I just got mass effect to hold me over in the meantime.

I'm still very confused on why people are so upset. I mean, it's coming right? They didn't cancel it. is it withdraw from the beta lol?

Yeah no we are stopping this here and now.

Wasn't speaking to you was I? Don't try to draw people into conflict as you do all over the forums. Lost count of the amount of time I've stumbled upon a thread and you've got a problem with someone/something. That's why I didn't reply to your post...not going there.

IronKnight55 likes this

So.......

How about that Friday the 13th game? Looking pretty good,I'd say.

Well if you are not a master of understatement, guy. My terminology would be 'Fucking awesome" with half a dozen exclamation points.

I just got mass effect to hold me over in the meantime.

I'm so sorry.