SomebodyFancy

Who do you see yourself playing as the most?

122 posts in this topic

I'm still leaning towards Deborah with the stamina perks. In rooms with lots of Vanessa's I'll probably go with Tiffany.

I was under the impression perks were no longer a thing. 

you're thinking of abilities which were locked in the beta

Ok, Davidt, now I'm confused. I thought the abilities were given via the perks. There's a difference? 

Ok, Davidt, now I'm confused. I thought the abilities were given via the perks. There's a difference? 

Perks were the ones we bought with cp. Abilities we have no idea what they were but on the character screen there was a section said abilities with lock symbol on them. Seems they are completely gone now from what was said at the latest panel.

http://i.imgur.com/lkpSSvV.jpg

image for reference

Risinggrave likes this

Perks were the ones we bought with cp. Abilities we have no idea what they were but on the character screen there was a section said abilities with lock symbol on them. Seems they are completely gone now from what was said at the latest panel.

http://i.imgur.com/lkpSSvV.jpg

image for reference

Oooook.. Yeah, I lumped them together. I was thinking that perks got tanked and CP would be spent on unlocking counselors, Jason skins and kill moves. 

Thanks for catching me up to speed. 

Oooook.. Yeah, I lumped them together. I was thinking that perks got tanked and CP would be spent on unlocking counselors, Jason skins and kill moves. 

Thanks for catching me up to speed. 

No problem

Been on the Adam train since Day 1, seeing him finally in the new trailer and the twitter group pic made me really happy. He looks incredibly good looking. I'm a huge sucker for handsome loner guys with long hair. The fact he's NOT a douchebag and protects people from bullies just makes him that much better and really likable. (I'm an even bigger sucker for the 'cool' guy who's very moral and good hearted) I was afraid he was gonna be one of those douchey annoying asshole types since e he was the "Edgy Guy". Very happy that wasn't the case.

Can't wait to see what his clothing customization options are. I'm a customization whore, especially if I can make my guy look sexy haha.

I hope they show some Adam gameplay vids soon or whatnot. I need more. 

My only gripe is I wish they had made his butt as nice and big and round as A.J.'s lol.

Liva, Impactedmedal38 and Santi_Lee like this

Been on the Adam train since Day 1, seeing him finally in the new trailer and the twitter group pic made me really happy. He looks incredibly good looking. I'm a huge sucker for handsome loner guys with long hair. The fact he's NOT a douchebag and protects people from bullies just makes him that much better and really likable. (I'm an even bigger sucker for the 'cool' guy who's very moral and good hearted) I was afraid he was gonna be one of those douchey annoying asshole types since e he was the "Edgy Guy". Very happy that wasn't the case.

Can't wait to see what his clothing customization options are. I'm a customization whore, especially if I can make my guy look sexy haha.

I hope they show some Adam gameplay vids soon or whatnot. I need more.

My only gripe is I wish they had made his butt as nice and big and round as A.J.'s lol.

Lol same but no one will beat ever beat Ajs butt :P

For me, it's a tough choice :) Here were my impressions from the beta of each of the characters:

A.J. Mason - My favourite character, her stealth skills were legendary. Not very good at escaping when being chased (unless you can lure Jason between houses and scamper off out a back window), but for getting stuff done she was brilliant.

Tiffany - Played her at the end of the beta, took me ages to unlock her. She's good overall, her high stealth and speed made her really good for scouting places to find stuff to fix the car. Don't ask her to fix the car or phone though, she's crap at it lol.

Kenny - Average overall, sadly didn't have anything special going for him. Always seemed to get owned by Jason.

Vanessa - Good speed and stamina, but a proper Jason attracting magnet :)

Jenny - Composure was good, luck didn't seem to help with anything, rest of her stats were sub-par.

Chad - As mentioned above with Jenny, the luck stat didn't seem to help anything. Chad was basically there to die more than actually do anything of value lol.

Deborah - Basically just a smarter, less stealthier version of A.J. She's pretty decent overall, but A.J. has superior stats and still fixes stuff in a very short time.

So I've experienced most of the counsellors play-styles already, and I found A.J. to be the best for me. I still died my fair share, but honestly I escaped more than I died when I used A.J.

So if her stats remain similar to what they were in the beta, I'll be playing as A.J. the most. The other counsellors seem cool, I'm thinking the Jock character will be a good team support type guy. Thinking the 'Edgy' guy will be a bit similar to A.J., except I bet he has higher composure and stamina, but less stealth. Not sure what kind of stats the nerdy fella will have, might be similar to Tiffany but higher strength and less stamina.

TL;DR version: A.J. Mason.

Lol same but no one will beat ever beat Ajs butt :P

Haha I know, a guy can still dream though. Adam with a nice big butt would be great.

Liva likes this

Haha I know, a guy can still dream though. Adam with a nice big butt would be great.

Well there's still a chance with Eric since we didn't see his backside yet lol

I know I certainly wouldn't mind it ;)

Plan to play as AJ...love stealth games so this is the perfect fit for me. I'll be staying away from Vanessa players who will just give everybody's position away...any Vanessa's who want to work with me can shove their "teamwork" where the sun don't shine! :lol:  Too dangerous.

Definitely favoring any of the girls for me. Strive to be the "Final Girl" every round.

I'm mostly with SombodyFancy on this one :P Don't usually play a lot of male characters (mostly because they're always very muscular, so don't really relate) but they're nice to look at ;D

While the girl characters just seem more my alley xD Though I would prefer Deborah, Jenny and AJ over the other 2 :P But I could see myself picking Tiffany.

I'm not too keen on playing Vanessa, mostly because I'm a fashion slut when it comes to customization and clothing, so I'll always prefer more of the "prettier" clothing, but not necessarily the practical. ((So far I'm def' going for A.J.))

SomebodyFancy likes this

the developers said all counselors can complete all tasks, so they are all viable and all can survive on their own in various situations/circumstances.  So people can just choose whatever they wanna play as instead of entirely basing their choice on stats.

H2O Delirious played as Tiffany, and they fixed cars, fixed phones, successfully escaped, and basically kicked ass without needing perfect stats in a certain category, it's really all based on player skills and tactics, with team effort and circumstances also being factors, but no one is useless.

Anyone know how long it takes to unlock other counselors? If Tiffany is not available in the full version until unlocked, then maybe I'll play as Jenny until then, Jenny is probably one of playable characters that doesn't require grinding/unlocking.

the developers said all counselors can complete all tasks, so they are all viable and all can survive on their own in various situations/circumstances. So people can just choose whatever they wanna play as instead of entirely basing their choice on stats.

H2O Delirious played as Tiffany, and they fixed cars, fixed phones, successfully escaped, and basically kicked ass without needing perfect stats in a certain category, it's really all based on player skills and tactics, with team effort and circumstances also being factors, but no one is useless.

Anyone know how long it takes to unlock other counselors? If Tiffany is not available in the full version until unlocked, then maybe I'll play as Jenny until then, Jenny is probably one of playable characters that doesn't require grinding/unlocking.

We can't really say how long it will take to unlock them, because in the beta leveling was sped up for testing purposes and also some unlocks have been moved. For instance Vanessa is now an unlock and not open from the start. I'd imagine others have been moved as well.
Krystal likes this