SomebodyFancy

Who do you see yourself playing as the most?

139 posts in this topic

AJ was my most played in beta i will have to see what the rest are like before i can judge on who i will play most in full game and i didnt unlock all during beta so i didnt get the chance to try them all.

I would play as A.J. Mason and Adam Palomino, i like their designs, they're cool! also, i will probably play as Jenny Myers, oh, and if there is a Mean Blonde Girl character or a Stoner, that would be on my choices, lol.

Hal Bailman likes this

Haha maybe you'll find yourself helping others. Chad changes his mean ways and helps his fellow counselors escape?

Ha! Yeah i've always enjoyed being the team player, i like thinking "Huh, if it weren't for me they'd probably have got caught" funny how they made Chad good at helping others.

I'm hoping that there would be a randomize counselor choice because there are times where I think I'd just want to play whatever. It's more fun that way. For me, I'd probably like a stealthy counselor more, but I would love to experience playing as any of the other counselors as well. What I am not enthused about is playing as Jason. Playing the killer is not my cup of tea.

I think it would be fun if there were private matches or some such where the rule for that server is that everyone randomizes counselors. I love seeing the event in Overwatch where you are randomly given a character. It's great seeing others, myself included, trying to learn how to better use their randomized character.

That would be an interesting mode to include. Little rule variation sets, like you say with Overwatch.

I do personally believe that it's worth trying everyone out to some degree, going a mile in their shoes. Even if you don't ultimately end up playing them all that much, it gives you better insight into how they handle and taking that knowledge into a game when you're playing as your preferred type(s).

I've got almost sixty hours on Mercy but everyone else (apart from Sombra, early days) has at least 7 hours on them, too. So I get what that Reaper's trying to do and how he'll move and how to position myself to help out.

It sounds like private matches will be the ones where you can have fun customising the rules and so on and invite people to try them out.

If all else fails, can always talk about it in chat and roll a dice or something to decide on a random counselor!

Jealousy likes this

So i KNOW we can not possibly know for sure

but who do you guys think will be unlocked from the start in the final game?

i mean in the future we will see more counselors if the game kicks off right but as Hobbs said himself

: I do not think it is the time to discuss DLC before the game is finished.

so they will finish and launch first. but i mean with the 10(11) we have now, who do you think will be unlocked from day 1? 

i mean i for one wanna play tiffany but i doubt shes avialable from start

So i KNOW we can not possibly know for sure

but who do you guys think will be unlocked from the start in the final game?

i mean in the future we will see more counselors if the game kicks off right but as Hobbs said himself

: I do not think it is the time to discuss DLC before the game is finished.

so they will finish and launch first. but i mean with the 10(11) we have now, who do you think will be unlocked from day 1?

i mean i for one wanna play tiffany but i doubt shes avialable from start

I think Kenny and Chad for sure as they aren't really super good at anything and are pretty balanced. It's confirmed that Vanessa will be an unlock, so it won't be her. Perhaps AJ will be a starter since there were other stealth counselors with higher int and stamina. I don't know though because there are still counselors we know virtually nothing about.

Yeah maybe they'll give us 4 of the 10 counselors like in the beta to start. Then we would have to unlock the other 6.

I could see them sticking with Kenny, Jenny, Chad and Vanessa to start.

We still have yet to see the other 3 male counselors in gameplay.

Aksana likes this

Yeah maybe they'll give us 4 of the 10 counselors like in the beta to start. Then we would have to unlock the other 6.

I could see them sticking with Kenny, Jenny, Chad and Vanessa to start.

We still have yet to see the other 3 male counselors in gameplay.

vanessa was revealed to be unlockable and not a starter, but maybe its like AJ and Jenny, Kenny and chad?

those 4 and 1st unlockable is Deborah. since shes so lovable

SomebodyFancy and SexDrugs&Tea like this

vanessa was revealed to be unlockable and not a starter, but maybe its like AJ and Jenny, Kenny and chad?

those 4 and 1st unlockable is Deborah. since shes so lovable

When was it revealed?? Thats cool :) We're sure to not have a Vanessa army in the first few hours then haha.

Im pretty sure they wont switch things up too much though, Eric, Buggzy and Adam are all extra special since we haven't seen them and there wont have been any gameplay of them when the game hits, so I think they'll most likely be unclockables. Apart from them, your theory of AJ, Jenny, Kenny and Chad makes sense

When was it revealed?? Thats cool :) We're sure to not have a Vanessa army in the first few hours then haha.

Im pretty sure they wont switch things up too much though, Eric, Buggzy and Adam are all extra special since we haven't seen them and there wont have been any gameplay of them when the game hits, so I think they'll most likely be unclockables. Apart from them, your theory of AJ, Jenny, Kenny and Chad makes sense

wasnt there a screenshot of buggzy a while back or am i mistaking things?

I feel like combat should play a small roll in this game for the counselors. Jason is a beast and someone you wouldn't want to mess with. I guess I'm saying I hope that the "Jock" character doesn't bring around another Vanessa plague. Jason goes after you and your high strength enables you to just knock him out with a weapon constantly. I can see players knocking him out and take turns beating him when he gets up while the other counselors complete objectives.

Don't forget the "Luck" stat though. If the Jock is super strong and can knock Jason down he can only do it as long as his weapon doesnt break. If the Jock has low Luck his weapon will break after 2-3 swings so you cant do loops like that.

Aksana likes this

Don't forget the "Luck" stat though. If the Jock is super strong and can knock Jason down he can only do it as long as his weapon doesnt break. If the Jock has low Luck his weapon will break after 2-3 swings so you cant do loops like that.

Well i hope buggzy is able to dance with the devil

if one counselor can fight jason one  on one it is a good thing, in the end i know jason wins you can't keep it up forever, but him being able to walk up to jason and fight him in his face and land a few better strikes than others sounds cool

he wont win the game by it but if he is able to blow down jason and buy people time it's something making him valuable

SexDrugs&Tea likes this

It was something they talked about after the beta. They kind of half jokingly said something along the lines of "We learned Vanessa needs to be an unlock." Just paraphrasing of course, but I'm pretty sure they meant it.
SexDrugs&Tea and Jealousy like this

Well we have seen all of the counselors now (so it seems). Anyone digging the Jock, Edgy guy or Eric lachappa??

Adam's hair looks WAY different in the trailer then in his concept art... And i love it! He used to have long, greasy black hair, now he has a brown mullet, and after reading a brief  discription the devs gave ("A down to earth grease-monkey who stood up against bullys") I'm really excited to see what his stats are, maybe high Composure and Intelligence? Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Adam's hair looks WAY different in the trailer then in his concept art... And i love it! He used to have long, greasy black hair, now he has a brown mullet, and after reading a brief  discription the devs gave ("A down to earth grease-monkey who stood up against bullys") I'm really excited to see what his stats are, maybe high Composure and Intelligence? Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Hey! I like his hair  :P. His customization options look like they might be the coolest (mm tha supple leather tho), although Chad's school crest shirt might have me playing him. As a cosmetics whore, I'm obligated to play whoever I can pimp out the coolest.

I know I already answered on this thread but I'VE CHANGED MY MIND DARN IT. I forgot how much I enjoyed being altruistic in DbD (pls show mercy,) so I think I might actually play Chad/Jenny/Adam since they seem to be the most support oriented. Adam seems like he might be pretty cool- intelligence to help the team escape and strength to help free your teammates. Tiffany and Vanessa just seem like selfish dead weight to me lol. They might be useful for gathering parts and acting as distractions, but I think once we've played the game long enough, Jasons won't take the bait and will just go for the smart/slow counselors first, then pick off the runners like Tiffany/Vanessa. I can imagine that, after we've all had the game for a while, it might turn into smart characters being guarded by support chars, with little to no runners. Or I'm nuts. Depends on if people want to play like a team. I find it extremely satisfying to escape as a group in random matches. I am gonna defy the stereotype and make Chad the most helpful dude out there B)

The Preppy Guy likes this

Well we have seen all of the counselors now (so it seems). Anyone digging the Jock, Edgy guy or Eric lachappa??

im liking eric lachappa i played aj the most in beta but i think eric will be my new favourite come launch day

I'm just going to be honest and say I don't like Eric or Brandon (The Jock) at all. I do love the Edgy Guy though!

Santi_Lee likes this

JOCK, JOCK, JOCK!

Jock all the way, since he's got my two favourite things, speed and strength. I'm the type of guy to distract a chasing-Jason, and take my chances with the trust baseball bat, on the other hand, if I am feeling it; I will just save myself and forget everyone else. 

Hey, if I make it out of this; I'm going pro! That's more important than anyone else!