SomebodyFancy

Who do you see yourself playing as the most?

122 posts in this topic

I didn't see this topic posted when I did a few searches. My apologies if it has been.

I was wondering who everyone sees themself "maining" when the game is released.

I personally found myself liking Deborah the most. Really wanted to try Tiffany but never unlocked her.

SexDrugs&Tea likes this

Cool topic :)

I like the outsider type characters so I'll be playing as Adam and A.J. the most, even though I also really like Deborah's style I bet she knit her own sweater haha. They also all fit my playstyle (objective based/stealth).

When I feel like roleplaying though I'll play Jenny as a badass Final Girl and Tiffany as the cowardly first victim. And if we ever get a Mean Girl imma be shootin all the other counselors in the kneecaps only I matter :P

no offence, but the topic is on about 4 threads out there.

Ah well I didn't see any. Maybe I just suck at using the search feature. Sorry if this topic was already posted.

Aksana likes this

I really hope this isn't a game where people feel like they "main" any particular character. I can already see at least half the population "maining" whatever counselor the meta just so happens to think is OP.

Ah well I didn't see any. Maybe I just suck at using the search feature. Sorry if this topic was already posted.

actually i have some issues using it as well, maybe that needs a bit of tweaking as well?

No idea who I'll start with. My first few games in the beta I played as Kenny because his stats were all fives. I died a lot. Then I jumped in the Vanessa bandwagon. i figure there is going to be a lot of running so I'll probably pick someone with high stamina.

I think the reason everyone played Vanessa is cause the runner playstyle is the easiest to play. You literally had enough stamina to sprint away from jason the whole match.

However, when the game releases, peolple will get more comfortable with the combat system and use fighters like Jenny, Chad and Buggzy and they'll get the hang of stealth and play more objectives based counselors.

Also Jasons will get better with their sense and shift and whose going to be flashing on their radar 24/7? TiFfanys and Vanessas and theyre gonn bite it. Im sure some people will still main them but im sure theres gonna be variety when people have more time to get better at more challenging playstyles

I feel like combat should play a small roll in this game for the counselors. Jason is a beast and someone you wouldn't want to mess with. I guess I'm saying I hope that the "Jock" character doesn't bring around another Vanessa plague. Jason goes after you and your high strength enables you to just knock him out with a weapon constantly. I can see players knocking him out and take turns beating him when he gets up while the other counselors complete objectives.

Turtle and Jealousy like this

I think I'll probably main Deb, AJ, and Edgy Guy. They all seem oriented around completing objectives, which makes me feel useful. I like being able to say I contributed to the car/phone. I unlocked Tiffany on the last day and although her stealth and stamina were a lot of fun to play with, I kinda felt like a third wheel  :wacko:. I couldn't really contribute anything and didn't really enjoy feeling like I had to rely on the slow/smart characters to do all the work for me so I could dip. I guess I could use her to collect car parts for the intelligent chars tho :), so I'll definitely give her another shot.

Jenny might be interesting in the full-game. Wasn't too thrilled with her in the beta- composure and luck? Maybe I'd feel better about her luck stat if I could get a hit in without getting grabbed  :P.

Kinda confused with the Jock's stats. His description said he was smart, so will he be strong and intelligent? What'll differentiate him from the Edgy Dude? I dunno, man. I just hope we don't get anymore Vanessa-like plagues.

SexDrugs&Tea and Gdain like this

Kinda confused with the Jock's stats. His description said he was smart, so will he be strong and intelligent? What'll differentiate him from the Edgy Dude? I dunno, man. I just hope we don't get anymore Vanessa-like plagues.

True! His description said that he had a high GPA and was the heavy hitter, so while Vanessa is more of a runner he will be more of a fighter I guess. With that combination of stat, I could see him knocking Jason out and having the time to fix a car part and leave before Jason gets up.

But I think the Edgy guy's description said he was the mechanic expert, but it also said he protected nerds from bullies, which kinda implies strenght? But I don't think we will get two strenght/intelligence guys. Also that would mean none of the guys will have any stamina, since I doubt that Eric's stamina will be very high.

As for the Vanessa plagues, I'm sure something that will go a long way to preventing that will be the counselor abilities. Also, after playing for more than 4-5 days, I'm sure people will start to play the characters they like/identify with/want to roleplay as, rather than everyone pick Vanessa she runs fast. During the beta I played almost exclusively Jenny (even though I don't understand luck and i don't think she was very good xd), because she sounded kinda like a basic white girl to me and I had fun with that.

Turtle likes this

True! His description said that he had a high GPA and was the heavy hitter, so while Vanessa is more of a runner he will be more of a fighter I guess. With that combination of stat, I could see him knocking Jason out and having the time to fix a car part and leave before Jason gets up.

But I think the Edgy guy's description said he was the mechanic expert, but it also said he protected nerds from bullies, which kinda implies strenght? But I don't think we will get two strenght/intelligence guys. Also that would mean none of the guys will have any stamina, since I doubt that Eric's stamina will be very high.

As for the Vanessa plagues, I'm sure something that will go a long way to preventing that will be the counselor abilities. Also, after playing for more than 4-5 days, I'm sure people will start to play the characters they like/identify with/want to roleplay as, rather than everyone pick Vanessa she runs fast. During the beta I played almost exclusively Jenny (even though I don't understand luck and i don't think she was very good xd), because she sounded kinda like a basic white girl to me and I had fun with that.

Chad had 7 stamina after they buffed all the counselors' stamina (Execpt Vanessa's) did he not?

The strength stat has eluded me for some time. I almost don't see the point of sacrificing other stats for strength. Yeah it could be debated that you would be labeled as the protector of the group, but how long do you really think you could last against Jason? Sure you can knock him out, but he's going to get back up. Sure you can bide the other players some time to complete objectives, but in the long run you're pretty much dead. Your stamina will eventually fade. And wth the throwing knives/darts put into play, that kinda stops a player from going at Jason head on. I guess basically no matter how strong you are, it won't end well for you.

The strength stat has eluded me for some time. I almost don't see the point of sacrificing other stats for strength. Yeah it could be debated that you would be labeled as the protector of the group, but how long do you really think you could last against Jason? Sure you can knock him out, but he's going to get back up. Sure you can bide the other players some time to complete objectives, but in the long run you're pretty much dead. Your stamina will eventually fade. And wth the throwing knives/darts put into play, that kinda stops a player from going at Jason head on. I guess basically no matter how strong you are, it won't end well for you.

I agree with you, in the beta, strenght felt useless, however, considering that they will be tweaking/polishing the combat system and that we will be getting abilities (I'm sure some of them will help combat), and that in the full game Jason will be killable, strenght might prove more valuable.

As for stamina being made less useful with the throwing knives, I don't think I agree, because you'll still be able to juke the knives it's now an insta-hit

I really don't want to say too much since not all the counselors have been released yet, I mean they all have good and bad aspects. I could see myself playing Kim a bit, or AJ, maybe Chad too depending on what else is selected.

When all else fails? "Random" :)

For counselors Chad (Obviously), I gave away all my beta codes because my PC is sh@t but i watched pretty much nothing but F13 On YT during the beta, however it was hard to find gameplay of any counselor other than Vanessa and A.J, but after watching CharminEXSoft's counselor video (And a few others) I was very happy when he explained what Chad and Jenny were best at (Defending the team), because i hoped Chad would fit my play style because The Preppy Guy has always been one of my favorite movie stereotypes (IDK why) Plus The Preppy Guy type counselor in the original was played by Kevin Bacon. And i hoped The Girl Next-door would fit my play style as well since shes modeled after Chris from part 3 (My favorite of the final girls). As for Jason parts 2 and 9 since i really like their designs, and part 6 since he looks like a total badass in that movie, plus part 6 is my favorite of the franchise. Sorry for the long post:P

SexDrugs&Tea likes this

For counselors Chad (Obviously), I gave away all my beta codes because my PC is sh@t but i watched pretty much nothing but F13 On YT during the beta, however it was hard to find gameplay of any counselor other than Vanessa and A.J, but after watching CharminEXSoft's counselor video (And a few others) I was very happy when he explained what Chad and Jenny were best at (Defending the team), because i hoped Chad would fit my play style because The Preppy Guy has always been one of my favorite movie stereotypes (IDK why) Plus The Preppy Guy type counselor in the original was played by Kevin Bacon. And i hoped The Girl Next-door would fit my play style as well since shes modeled after Chris from part 3 (My favorite of the final girls). As for Jason parts 2 and 9 since i really like their designs, and part 6 since he looks like a total badass in that movie, plus part 6 is my favorite of the franchise. Sorry for the long post:P

Haha maybe you'll find yourself helping others. Chad changes his mean ways and helps his fellow counselors escape?

Definitely from the time I got to play the beta i'd say Part 7 Jason I know hes the weakest Jason from the beta but it's just so satisfying to kill with him; and I personally really REALLY enjoy his death animations when you grab counselors. For counselor i'd say Deborah/Tiffany

I'll probably go with A.J Mason,i like her design (especially dem leg stockings) and she's pretty good at repairing stuffs.

As for Jason,i'll either go with Part 3 or part 4 once it comes out eventually,as for Zombie Jason i'll go with part 6 or 8.

Based solely on the beta, I'd have to go with AJ, because I love the stealth, and felt like she was the only useful one besides Vanessa (whom I refused to play since everyone else was). As for Jason, part 2 or 3. Of course this will all probably change once we get the final version and see the other counselors/Jason's, and see what tweaks have been made since beta.

Pretty much played Chad like Julius in the beta. Ran to the car, got chased by Jason. "Yo' run off I got this!"

>Worldstars the shit out of Jason until weapon breaks.

>Full escape car rides by as I get my head twisted off with a pickaxe.

>I ain't even mad at dying, that was cool as shit.

Preppy dude's gonna be my main definitely. Not enough people doing the heroic sacrifice routine, and Chad's pretty much perfect for it.

In terms of design, I think Chad, Vanessa, Tiffany and Buggzy appeal the most.

But genuinely, I think I'll be giving them all of the counselors a spin pretty equally. Firstly to try out and see how everyone plays in a team, but after that just for variety.

Risinggrave likes this