Photo

How Would Michael Myers Play Differently?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Hmm maybe instead of throwing knives, Michael would have some sort of ranged "fright" mechanic that sort of aims like the shotgun, spreadshot like, and anyone caught in the radius gets to max fear immediately. It would be sort of like he's sending out an invisible psychic wave of fear that instantly makes the victim get "taken aback" or "get startled" like when they discover a dead body, and they are at full tunnel vision with no map within one second of being hit by it.

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

Darrin Howard

Darrin Howard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationHELL

FRIDAY THE 13TH THE GAME IS BASICALLY DONE AND READY TO SHIP. Id like to hear more about JOHN CARPENTERS HALLOWEEN BEING CREATED WITH The rights to 1982 Halloween trick or treat posessed masks.put it all in one massive huge game. id like too see Dr loomis and the mental asylum smiths grove.the school and the hospital.

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I like Michael, but if we're going to get some random other franchise, I'd have to vote for Predator.

Mark K

Mark K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationMichigan
Michael Myers was possessed by an ancient Celtic evil spirit, as was his Grandfather. The original 78 novel goes into this quite well in explaining the "Boogeyman" aspect of it all, also multiple hits from Dr. Loomis and Laurie's Colt .357 Magnums, didn't even seem to phase him, except of course the eye shots that would have blown the back of his head off.

But getting to his implementation in-game, I would say a "Phase" ability or invisibility if you will, would be optimal. The ability to dissappear for a short time, where the Michael player sees a ghost version of themselves, but the counselors see nothing. That would allow for the sudden appearances, and disappearances that the character is so well known for. It would also cause some serious screaming among players. :)
  • The Razor's Edge likes this

Kalopsia

Kalopsia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I think Dead By Daylight did Michael Myers pretty well. His obsession ability is one of his must-haves, as unlike Jason, Michael typically stalks and obsesses over all of his victims before killing them. His killing is a lot more intimate, especially with the knife being his go-to weapon, very personal and up-close. 

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I think Dead By Daylight did Michael Myers pretty well. His obsession ability is one of his must-haves, as unlike Jason, Michael typically stalks and obsesses over all of his victims before killing them. His killing is a lot more intimate, especially with the knife being his go-to weapon, very personal and up-close. 

They did it well ... up until the part where he has to pick them up and carry them to a random meathook to please some horrible giant creature.  That totally ruins the feel of it in every imaginable way.

• JasonVsWindows likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users