VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

How Would Michael Myers Play Differently?

26 posts in this topic

So let's say down the line in an alternate universe that Michael Myers is allowed to be used for DLC and is added as another killer. Using the existing game mechanics, how would Michael Myers play differently from Jason? Here's what I think:

Strengths:

+Defense

+Morph

+Grip Strength

Weaknesses:

-Can't Run

-Water Speed

-Shift

Compared to any of the Jasons, I think Michael would/should play like a more relentless, slow but steady stalker, relying less on the "teleporting" abilities but be a beast up close. A truly Implacable Man.

He's not quite so supernatural compared to Jason, but he's arguably more durable in the films considering he's never officially died. Jason was(almost) killed by a machete to the head but Michael was still standing after two .45 pistol shots to the head(in the eye sockets). In H20 he nonchalantly pulls an axe out of his chest and keeps on like nothing happened. To me all of that means that he'd get a plus to his defense.

I'm not sure how defense worked in the Beta, but my GUESS is that it's how well melee and guns work on Jason to stun or knock him down. If that is so then the +Defense on Michael would make it harder to stun or knock him down, but he'd be stunned or down for a time period in-between Part 2 and Part 7 Jasons.

Watching the end of H1 and the opening of H2 show that Michael gets after getting shot 6 times and falling 15 feet to the ground. It was not as long as Jason took to get up from being hit by a car In JTM, so I guess average stun resistance.

His kills in Halloween 4 and Resurrection with crushing skulls and the scene in H20 when he slowly lowered himself with one arm behind Laurie means he has impressive grip strength.

Michael is the OG for walking faster than you can run.

Michael isn't a zombie summoned by the book of the dead so he can only doggie paddle.

Michael has to my knowledge never appeared in two places faster than he can walk there or even faster than someone could run, so he gets lowered shift.

Let your thoughts be known below.

Well, I agree with you. Except for stun resistance. Michael was in a coma for a long time, so it would have to leave him in "medium". Watching Michael swim would be pretty funny xD but yeah, Michael should swim and not dive (human jasons too)

I do not remember if Michael has thrown a knife in the franchise, if he has not, change that skill that by a stalking similar to the one of DBD.

Skins:
Michael from Part 1
Ghost Costume from Part 1
Michael from the remake

Pd: Before venturing into Michael, they should look for cheaper characters like Victor Crowley from the movie "hatchet". Victor would be easier to add (next to a swamp map whose name I can not remember)

Well, I agree with you. Except for stun resistance. Michael was in a coma for a long time, so it would have to leave him in "medium". Watching Michael swim would be pretty funny xD but yeah, Michael should swim and not dive (human jasons too)

I do not remember if Michael has thrown a knife in the franchise, if he has not, change that skill that by a stalking similar to the one of DBD.

Skins:
Michael from Part 1
Ghost Costume from Part 1
Michael from the remake

Pd: Before venturing into Michael, they should look for cheaper characters like Victor Crowley from the movie "hatchet". Victor would be easier to add (next to a swamp map whose name I can not remember)

If they added Vick Crowley, they need to add some double kills. Like the chainsaw for instance.

Ok I switched Michael to +Morph and average stun resistance. The slow guy is going to need to jump around the map a bit more I guess.

Yeah +Morph is fine, Myers doesn't tp like Jason But he disappeared fucking fast (as when Laurie sees Michael behind the bushes, the friend approaches, and is nowhere) Slow but lethal. I hope the companies that own the rights solidarity and try to contribute their licenses (or the rest of Friday 13 as Fvj or Remake, Halloween, among other slashers) because I know it will continue to be a game on Friday the 13th, but I would hate for Halloween to make a Similar game. I would prefer another type of game for Halloween, and if they plan to do the same, better contribute with Michael as DLC for Friday the 13th

If they added Vick Crowley, they need to add some double kills. Like the chainsaw for instance.

A special ability for Victor, that allows him to make environmental murders by approaching the counselor to other counselors, or a double grab skill.

myers only had one weapon. I hope to see a tcm game before a halloween game. myers has always been my least fav out of any slasher flick.

Michael died a few times if we ignore retcon magic. 

Blown up in Halloween 2. 

Decapitated in H20. 

The Shape is a beast, but he isn't superior to Jason except in stealth and scary mask. 

The Phanthom Nico likes this

I dont think Michael was ever truly in a coma, he thought his family was dead and his job was complete so he just layed there, until he heard of his niece Jamie, then he clenches his fist and "wakes up" I feel like he was always awake but had no purpose so he just lie there dormant until he had a reason to move again.

Myers has used butcher knives, scalpels, rakes, garden tools, electrocution, a tripod, a hammer. Saying Michael only uses one weapon is just as wrong as saying Jason only uses a machete in every movie, or Jason never ran.

The Phanthom Nico likes this

Michael died a few times if we ignore retcon magic. 

Blown up in Halloween 2. 

Decapitated in H20. 

The Shape is a beast, but he isn't superior to Jason except in stealth and scary mask. 

well, the guy who was decapitated in H20 wasn't Michael...

Myers has used butcher knives, scalpels, rakes, garden tools, electrocution, a tripod, a hammer. Saying Michael only uses one weapon is just as wrong as saying Jason only uses a machete in every movie, or Jason never ran.

You are right

EDIT:

I think after all, it will all depend on what Michael Myers is talking about. If it is "the shape" of the first film, you will remember that it was stunned 3 times in the same movie. He was very strong, yes, he disappeared quickly, walked slowly. So, if Michael Myers (Halloween I):
+ Morph
+ Grip Strenght
+ Weapon Strenght
-Stun Resistance
-Water Speed
-Can't Run

You are right

EDIT:

I think after all, it will all depend on what Michael Myers is talking about. If it is "the shape" of the first film, you will remember that it was stunned 3 times in the same movie. He was very strong, yes, he disappeared quickly, walked slowly. So, if Michael Myers (Halloween I):
+ Morph
+ Grip Strenght
+ Weapon Strength
-Stun Resistance
-Water Speed
-Can't Run

Even if we exclude the wielder's own strength as a variable, a butcher knife is not only smaller but has less mass than a bigger weapon like an axe, so it would deal less damage. If we consider Michael's strength, while he is quite strong, he has never done something as impressive as punch someone's head off or accidentally rip someone's arm off like when Jason hadn't realized his own undead strength yet.

Considering stun resistance, even though he got put down 3 times, it seemed to be that, compared to Jason in say, part 7 or 8, he was not down for as long, but longer than, say Jason in part 2 or 6, so I thought he'd be "average" on stun resistance.

And I was "amalgamating" the different portrayals of Michael and "averaging" their feats and stats considering that IF Michael would be a DLC character, we'd only get one version.

well, the guy who was decapitated in H20 wasn't Michael...

He was...until the next movie retconned it.

Which is a shame because getting decapitated by Laurie is a lot better then getting Kung-Fu'ed by Busta Rhymes. 

Hal Bailman and SexDrugs&Tea like this

Even if we exclude the wielder's own strength as a variable, a butcher knife is not only smaller but has less mass than a bigger weapon like an axe, so it would deal less damage. If we consider Michael's strength, while he is quite strong, he has never done something as impressive as punch someone's head off or accidentally rip someone's arm off like when Jason hadn't realized his own undead strength yet.

Considering stun resistance, even though he got put down 3 times, it seemed to be that, compared to Jason in say, part 7 or 8, he was not down for as long, but longer than, say Jason in part 2 or 6, so I thought he'd be "average" on stun resistance.

And I was "amalgamating" the different portrayals of Michael and "averaging" their feats and stats considering that IF Michael would be a DLC character, we'd only get one version.

Yeah, you are right. +stun resistance is fine. The knife is smaller than an axe and Michael doesn't have ridiculous super strenght like undead Jason xD

Hopefuly one day we can get Myers and a lot Of others killers in this game :( like Leatherface, Victor Crowley, etc. I dunno how Freddy can works in this game, but if we get FvJ Jason, a fake-pamela (Freddy talking to Jason) voice when you use that version.

I appreciate the discussion however this is not F13 related. I will move this to off topic as it has nothing to do with the game.

A big difference between Jason and Michael though is that Jason wants to punish everyone that trespasses Crystal Lake, but Michael is after Laurie and his other victims are collateral damage.

I like how that translated into DBD (not a fan of the game, but the obsession mechanic was very fitting thematically though).

I think Michael should have a similar perk, like having a target, and as long as that target is alive he is faster and stronger, or maybe his goal would be to kill that target fist and once its done he gets much stronger, faster with a bigger terror radius

How would predator play?

I know one thing. The police show up in a chopper. Success for the counselors depends on if they get to the chopper.

Also throwing knives are one hit kills and reskinned as the shoulder mounted plasma cannon, The Predator can more or less go invisible, and rather then a machete/axe/fence spike he just gets his wrist claw. 

Lastly he has a suicide bomb that blows up 80% of the map with him. 

Hmm maybe instead of throwing knives, Michael would have some sort of ranged "fright" mechanic that sort of aims like the shotgun, spreadshot like, and anyone caught in the radius gets to max fear immediately. It would be sort of like he's sending out an invisible psychic wave of fear that instantly makes the victim get "taken aback" or "get startled" like when they discover a dead body, and they are at full tunnel vision with no map within one second of being hit by it.

FRIDAY THE 13TH THE GAME IS BASICALLY DONE AND READY TO SHIP. Id like to hear more about JOHN CARPENTERS HALLOWEEN BEING CREATED WITH The rights to 1982 Halloween trick or treat posessed masks.put it all in one massive huge game. id like too see Dr loomis and the mental asylum smiths grove.the school and the hospital.

I like Michael, but if we're going to get some random other franchise, I'd have to vote for Predator.

Michael Myers was possessed by an ancient Celtic evil spirit, as was his Grandfather. The original 78 novel goes into this quite well in explaining the "Boogeyman" aspect of it all, also multiple hits from Dr. Loomis and Laurie's Colt .357 Magnums, didn't even seem to phase him, except of course the eye shots that would have blown the back of his head off.

But getting to his implementation in-game, I would say a "Phase" ability or invisibility if you will, would be optimal. The ability to dissappear for a short time, where the Michael player sees a ghost version of themselves, but the counselors see nothing. That would allow for the sudden appearances, and disappearances that the character is so well known for. It would also cause some serious screaming among players. :)

The Razor's Edge likes this

I think Dead By Daylight did Michael Myers pretty well. His obsession ability is one of his must-haves, as unlike Jason, Michael typically stalks and obsesses over all of his victims before killing them. His killing is a lot more intimate, especially with the knife being his go-to weapon, very personal and up-close.