• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

JasonVoorhees13

JasonVoorhees13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I feel players shouldnt have the option to kick other players. Also their shouldnt be any major penalty for leaving a match early. Im not sure how its going to be in a full game. but in another game i played paragon and also many other games if something happens to your internet connection they will kick you for 30mins and if it happens a few times they kick you forever. but what about the people that just have crappy connection once in awhile or power outages.

As for players that are f-ups and just dont want to play and p*ssing off they should  still keep the mute option for those people.

Signature too large, please check rules for correct sizing. 

-management. 

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Kick forever? Citation? 

A game I play kicks you for a longer duration the more times you D/C, and it resets after a period of time. If you are having a crummy connection and it affects others, and it is repetitious, fix your issue. Don't expect the rest of us to be ok with it. 

With that said, Based on how this game works differently then the MOBA I currently play, I don't see as big an issue with people dipping out. Unless it's Jason, it's about the equivalent to having a counselor die, and that isn't game breaking. 

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Location***
You should be kicked if your connection isnt up to speed for the match yes. But for lengths of time and or/ forever is unacceptable and wrong to do. Some people who play will be kids or those with no control over connection issues. To ban them forever or increasing variants of time is a bad look. Just keep kicking until the connection reads as an acceptable level.

JasonVoorhees13

JasonVoorhees13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

i dont have a bad connection. once in awhile the power goes out or surges once a month or so. every once in awhile do get poor internet connection like 1 a year or less

Signature too large, please check rules for correct sizing. 

-management. 

GrandMasterLynx

GrandMasterLynx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Yes you shouldn't get punished for it

Someone

Someone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Some peoples have bad computer which increase the loading time when waiting for the game to load, so why would you kick for this?

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.
I think with this particular game, people disconnecting intentionally doesn't really matter much since 1. it's not a competitive game and 2. 1 person from six doesn't change your odds of survival/escape by much. I do think most online games should punish for it only if it's consistent to a point where it's obviously not an accident.

I'm a firm believer that you know if your connection is shit and other people shouldn't have to deal with you disconnecting constantly or causing an absurd amount of lag for everyone.

Again though in this instance it would only be annoying if it's the Jason player that disconnects, since if Joe blow playing a counselor leaves, the game will continue. So there's no need to punish for it.
  • JasonVoorhees13 likes this

Nashgane

Nashgane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Every player should get 15 min penalty for leaving the game.
If you leave as counsleor you are reducing chances of others to survive.
If you leave as Jason, well I don't think I need to explain.
Game lasts 10-30 min so 15 min penalty for leaving sounds resonable.

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

I say just don't give XP if you quit a match. Seems fair.

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

Super Ty

Super Ty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationHaddonfield, Illinois
I definitely think there should be a vote kick option, mainly to get rid of trolls/griefers.
  • VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow likes this

f13sig1.jpg

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

I say just don't give XP if you quit a match. Seems fair.

I agree. I think that's perfectly fair.

GrandMasterLynx

GrandMasterLynx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

I definitely think there should be a vote kick option, mainly to get rid of trolls/griefers.

What if they had a group of trolls/griefers and they use that to kick other players? They shouldn't have a option to kick people at all

What if the person loses power or internet connection how can they tell the difference? That wouldn't be good for anybody

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

What if they had a group of trolls/griefers and they use that to kick other players?

Might be a good thing- do you really want to play with them?

Super Ty

Super Ty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationHaddonfield, Illinois

What if they had a group of trolls/griefers and they use that to kick other players? They shouldn't have a option to kick people at all

What if the person loses power or internet connection how can they tell the difference? That wouldn't be good for anybody

There are always going to be asshats in games. By not giving them the option, you're also not giving me, and others such as yourself, who just want to enjoy the game to have that option. And I very much feel we should. Sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad. And as beware of bears said, why would you want to stay in a server full of those players anyway?

As for a person losing power or internet, that's unfortunate, but should everyone else in the server be expected to wait for that person to come back on, not knowing when, or if at all they do? I wouldn't. And there will be plenty of other servers available for said person when in fact they are able to come back on.

f13sig1.jpg

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

There are always going to be asshats in games. By not giving them the option, you're also not giving me, and others such as yourself, who just want to enjoy the game to have that option. And I very much feel we should. Sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad. And as beware of bears said, why would you want to stay in a server full of those players anyway?

As for a person losing power or internet, that's unfortunate, but should everyone else in the server be expected to wait for that person to come back on, not knowing when, or if at all they do? I wouldn't. And there will be plenty of other servers available for said person when in fact they are able to come back on.

I totally agree. I was having a similar discussion about trolls and being being able to hit other counselors. I was stating that I don't see an issue with being able to kill other counselors and don't think it should be changed just because of trolling. I mean Vanessa was used to troll a bit too by running around stealth characters until Jason showed up. Does that mean we should give her a high stealth just to avoid trolling? Trolls are in every game and you either like the game enough to deal with them or you make some friends to play with who aren't trolls. There does need to be a kick option whether it can be abused or not because I don't feel my group and I should be forced to deal with trolls and griefers.
  • Super Ty likes this

Freddy kruger

Freddy kruger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Have to make it so you cant kick jason and get xp for surviving

SomebodyFancy

SomebodyFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I don't like vote to kick because people heavily abuse that feature. I like when you have the option to kick people who team kill on multiple occasions. That makes more sense to me to help avoid intentional counselor on counselors violence.
This isn't the hunger games after all..

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

For public matches there should be no kicking obviously, but in private matches why wouldn't we want the ability to kick someone? What if you get an annoying troll player that attacks teammates and makes rude and obscene comments? Should we be stuck with him? We shouldn't be forced to back out and make a new lobby to avoid those people. The lobby leader should be able to kick people, and should be able to promote other people to lobby leader.

• Gdain likes this

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

GrandMasterLynx

GrandMasterLynx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

For public matches there should be no kicking obviously, but in private matches why wouldn't we want the ability to kick someone? What if you get an annoying troll player that attacks teammates and makes rude and obscene comments? Should we be stuck with him? We shouldn't be forced to back out and make a new lobby to avoid those people. The lobby leader should be able to kick people, and should be able to promote other people to lobby leader.

I'm cool with that but you gotta remember you are the one who invites people so you should know how they act in the 1st place if we're talking about friends plus if ou play with people you get to know them as well

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

I'm cool with that but you gotta remember you are the one who invites people so you should know how they act in the 1st place if we're talking about friends plus if ou play with people you get to know them as well

I'm pretty sure you're only concerned about this because you're the only person on here saying they will be taking advantage of any exploits and XP farming.

I want the kick option in case I get stuck in a game with a player that shares your intentions.

Just saying. ;)
  • CrazyRalph and Super Ty like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users