JasonVoorhees13

kicking and getting kicked

58 posts in this topic

I feel players shouldnt have the option to kick other players. Also their shouldnt be any major penalty for leaving a match early. Im not sure how its going to be in a full game. but in another game i played paragon and also many other games if something happens to your internet connection they will kick you for 30mins and if it happens a few times they kick you forever. but what about the people that just have crappy connection once in awhile or power outages.

As for players that are f-ups and just dont want to play and p*ssing off they should  still keep the mute option for those people.

Kick forever? Citation? 

A game I play kicks you for a longer duration the more times you D/C, and it resets after a period of time. If you are having a crummy connection and it affects others, and it is repetitious, fix your issue. Don't expect the rest of us to be ok with it. 

With that said, Based on how this game works differently then the MOBA I currently play, I don't see as big an issue with people dipping out. Unless it's Jason, it's about the equivalent to having a counselor die, and that isn't game breaking. 

You should be kicked if your connection isnt up to speed for the match yes. But for lengths of time and or/ forever is unacceptable and wrong to do. Some people who play will be kids or those with no control over connection issues. To ban them forever or increasing variants of time is a bad look. Just keep kicking until the connection reads as an acceptable level.

i dont have a bad connection. once in awhile the power goes out or surges once a month or so. every once in awhile do get poor internet connection like 1 a year or less

I think with this particular game, people disconnecting intentionally doesn't really matter much since 1. it's not a competitive game and 2. 1 person from six doesn't change your odds of survival/escape by much. I do think most online games should punish for it only if it's consistent to a point where it's obviously not an accident.

I'm a firm believer that you know if your connection is shit and other people shouldn't have to deal with you disconnecting constantly or causing an absurd amount of lag for everyone.

Again though in this instance it would only be annoying if it's the Jason player that disconnects, since if Joe blow playing a counselor leaves, the game will continue. So there's no need to punish for it.

JasonVoorhees13 likes this

Every player should get 15 min penalty for leaving the game.
If you leave as counsleor you are reducing chances of others to survive.
If you leave as Jason, well I don't think I need to explain.
Game lasts 10-30 min so 15 min penalty for leaving sounds resonable.

I definitely think there should be a vote kick option, mainly to get rid of trolls/griefers.

What if they had a group of trolls/griefers and they use that to kick other players? They shouldn't have a option to kick people at all

What if the person loses power or internet connection how can they tell the difference? That wouldn't be good for anybody

What if they had a group of trolls/griefers and they use that to kick other players? They shouldn't have a option to kick people at all

What if the person loses power or internet connection how can they tell the difference? That wouldn't be good for anybody

There are always going to be asshats in games. By not giving them the option, you're also not giving me, and others such as yourself, who just want to enjoy the game to have that option. And I very much feel we should. Sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad. And as beware of bears said, why would you want to stay in a server full of those players anyway?

As for a person losing power or internet, that's unfortunate, but should everyone else in the server be expected to wait for that person to come back on, not knowing when, or if at all they do? I wouldn't. And there will be plenty of other servers available for said person when in fact they are able to come back on.

There are always going to be asshats in games. By not giving them the option, you're also not giving me, and others such as yourself, who just want to enjoy the game to have that option. And I very much feel we should. Sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad. And as beware of bears said, why would you want to stay in a server full of those players anyway?

As for a person losing power or internet, that's unfortunate, but should everyone else in the server be expected to wait for that person to come back on, not knowing when, or if at all they do? I wouldn't. And there will be plenty of other servers available for said person when in fact they are able to come back on.

I totally agree. I was having a similar discussion about trolls and being being able to hit other counselors. I was stating that I don't see an issue with being able to kill other counselors and don't think it should be changed just because of trolling. I mean Vanessa was used to troll a bit too by running around stealth characters until Jason showed up. Does that mean we should give her a high stealth just to avoid trolling? Trolls are in every game and you either like the game enough to deal with them or you make some friends to play with who aren't trolls. There does need to be a kick option whether it can be abused or not because I don't feel my group and I should be forced to deal with trolls and griefers.
Super Ty likes this

I don't like vote to kick because people heavily abuse that feature. I like when you have the option to kick people who team kill on multiple occasions. That makes more sense to me to help avoid intentional counselor on counselors violence.

This isn't the hunger games after all..

For public matches there should be no kicking obviously, but in private matches why wouldn't we want the ability to kick someone? What if you get an annoying troll player that attacks teammates and makes rude and obscene comments? Should we be stuck with him? We shouldn't be forced to back out and make a new lobby to avoid those people. The lobby leader should be able to kick people, and should be able to promote other people to lobby leader.

Gdain likes this

For public matches there should be no kicking obviously, but in private matches why wouldn't we want the ability to kick someone? What if you get an annoying troll player that attacks teammates and makes rude and obscene comments? Should we be stuck with him? We shouldn't be forced to back out and make a new lobby to avoid those people. The lobby leader should be able to kick people, and should be able to promote other people to lobby leader.

I'm cool with that but you gotta remember you are the one who invites people so you should know how they act in the 1st place if we're talking about friends plus if ou play with people you get to know them as well

I'm cool with that but you gotta remember you are the one who invites people so you should know how they act in the 1st place if we're talking about friends plus if ou play with people you get to know them as well

I'm pretty sure you're only concerned about this because you're the only person on here saying they will be taking advantage of any exploits and XP farming.

I want the kick option in case I get stuck in a game with a player that shares your intentions.

Just saying. ;)

CrazyRalph and Super Ty like this

I'm pretty sure you're only concerned about this because you're the only person on here saying they will be taking advantage of any exploits and XP farming.

I want the kick option in case I get stuck in a game with a player that shares your intentions.

Just saying. ;)

Thats not true at all I would only do it with other players who want to if I don't have anybody I would play the game legit also how would you know if the person is boosting or not?

Plus I been kicked for no reason I join matches on different games and I was kicked for no reason at all this is why I don't want the option to be in the game at all if you really feel the need to have the option to kick people go to a private match that should solve the problem for you here's why they shouldn't have the option to kick people

People would just vote to kick the person if they wanna play the way they want like what if they want to survive for 20 mins you would be like WTF DUDE FIX THE CAR CALL THE COPS DO SOMETHING he would tell you he wants to wait 20 mins so he can escape Jason for the longest time you would be like SCREW THIS GUY LETS KICK HIM so the person should bend to your will? This is why we shouldn't have the kick option what if the counsoler sucks at this game should everybody vote to kick him you do know that's what will happen hey the counsolers is running around the couch car fence Jason doesn't have anything to throw at him so SCREW THIS GUY LETS KICK HIM SO WE CAN GO TO THE NEXT MATCH WHOS WITH ME

So everybody votes to kick the guy so I guess everybody's gotta ask how they should play so they won't get kicked

So with everything in mind they should not have the option to kick people at all so many games don't have that option and people still enjoy playing so I know they won't have this option in the game

PS

If you vote to kick people out what's stopping you from voting to kick Jason out of the game?

Should Jason be able to vote to kick people?

What if the guy is just a really good player and people hate that he's the only one who survives

How many votes do you need to kick somebody? Since the game had 8 people 1 Jason 7 Counsolers would you only need 4 votes to kick a player? If that's how it would be what's stopping people from bringing a group of 4 players with them since you can bring a party with you if that's the only amount you need is 4 people can control the lobby by kicking anybody who joins so why would you want all this trouble you really need to think of what it would mean to have the option to kick people yea it make help kick the trolls but will it really stop from others from joining and troll you can never stop people from trolling you just need to get a private party of people you trust and play with them so I hope that in a private match you can still earn XP

So good reasons to kick people

Trolling

Bad reasons to kick people

They suck

They have a different play style than you

You don't like the person

He takes off in the car by himself

They hide for 20 mins

He's a loud person

He swears

Plus many many more

So yea so many reasons you would want to kick people for so for that reason they shouldn't have the option to kick people

How many games have the option to kick people

Vs

How many games don't have the option to kick people

None of what you said for bad reasons is a definite. I'm also not capable of knowing the reasons you were kicked in other games. You may have to do some soul-searching.

I want the option to kick people who take advantage of exploits, XP farm, troll, grief, etc. It would be a voting system and again, if people don't want to play with you- why would you want to play with them?

Super Ty likes this

None of what you said for bad reasons is a definite. I'm also not capable of knowing the reasons you were kicked in other games. You may have to do some soul-searching.

I want the option to kick people who take advantage of exploits, XP farm, troll, grief, etc. It would be a voting system and again, if people don't want to play with you- why would you want to play with them?

not saying I do I just went into a game and as soon as I was in I got kicked so yea didn't do anything at all

Plus yea have a voting system but if they have a party of how every many votes you need to kick somebody let's say you have 7 counsolers like the beta so you need 4 since that's more than half of the players they vote to kick you and that's a group of 4 friends what's stopping people from kicking anybody they want please tell me how they can stop people from doing this I would love to know?

I will say this agian they won't have the option to kick people

Just saying. ;)

I don't agree with XP farming for games where it gives a competitive edge but a game like this is very casual so I don't see how it would hurt anybody. All it would do is unlock characters and perks so you don't have to grind the hard way(i.e. play for 2 minutes and die, wait 18 minutes, repeat).

I don't agree with XP farming for games where it gives a competitive edge but a game like this is very casual so I don't see how it would hurt anybody. All it would do is unlock characters and perks so you don't have to grind the hard way(i.e. play for 2 minutes and die, wait 18 minutes, repeat).

Yup exactly my point

Also a lot more people will farm XP than just me even if I'm the only one who will say it I'm not afraid of the hate people will give me for it just bunch of snowflakes