Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Slasher Villain Character Alignments

5 posts in this topic

Pinhead: Lawful Evil (Abides by the rules of Hell and bound by the Lament Configuration)

Candyman: Lawful Evil (Abides by the rules of the legend of Candyman)

The Djinn(Wishmaster): Lawful Evil (Abides by the rules of Djinn wish granting)

The Leprechaun: Chaotic Evil (Out for his own gain; to get more gold, wives, etc.)

Freddy Kreuger: Chaotic Evil (Seeks revenge for his death for at his own pleasure)

Chucky: Chaotic Evil (being evil feels good, does what he likes)

Leatherface: Neutral Evil (abused and turned into a killer by his family)

Jason Voorhees: Neutral Evil (mistreated and misunderstood as a child turned him into a killer)

Michael Myers: Neutral Evil (kills, especially his own family, for reasons unknown or for reasons beyond his own control)

There are more alignments floating around online in addition to lawful/chaotic/neutral (rebel, impure, moral, etc.). Add your own if you think it fits.

Pinhead: Lawful Evil (Abides by the rules of Hell and bound by the Lament Configuration)

Candyman: Lawful Evil (Abides by the rules of the legend of Candyman)

The Djinn(Wishmaster): Lawful Evil (Abides by the rules of Djinn wish granting)

The Leprechaun: Chaotic Evil (Out for his own gain; to get more gold, wives, etc.)

Freddy Kreuger: Chaotic Evil (Seeks revenge for his death for at his own pleasure)

Chucky: Chaotic Evil (being evil feels good, does what he likes)

Leatherface: Neutral Evil (abused and turned into a killer by his family)

Jason Voorhees: Neutral Evil (mistreated and misunderstood as a child turned him into a killer)

Michael Myers: Neutral Evil (kills, especially his own family, for reasons unknown or for reasons beyond his own control)

There are more alignments floating around online in addition to lawful/chaotic/neutral (rebel, impure, moral, etc.). Add your own if you think it fits.

Mostly agree with this except...

Myers: Chaotic Evil - No rime or reason for his killing, he just does it. That is the definition of chaotic.

The rest I can agree with.

Mostly agree with this except...

Myers: Chaotic Evil - No rime or reason for his killing, he just does it. That is the definition of chaotic.

The rest I can agree with.

I chose Neutral Evil for Michael Myers because of the following:

: TV Tropes

Why are they so bad? It could be that Evil Tastes Good or maybe Evil Feels Good. Could be that they've given in to The Dark Side. They could be part of the Religion of Evil. They could just be, you know, sociopaths. They could take looking out for number one way too far. Or it could be for no readily apparent reason whatsoever. They can be the very embodiment of malice, or just petty thugs.

In contrast to this, Chaotic Evil seems to better describe characters that commit evil because they it gives them pleasure, it furthers their own self-interest, or they just like going out of their way to be bad and break the law. "I'm evil and I like it" kid of deal.