• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
I may try Hush tonight, I'm halfway through The Monster at the moment.
  • The Phanthom Nico likes this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI

I may try Hush tonight, I'm halfway through The Monster at the moment.

It's eh ok
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Is Mirrors or Oculus any good?

Yes imo mirrors is very good both the original and the sequel are worth a watch.

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

handzen

handzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

autopsy of jane doe

• SCREWNUT likes this

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
I finished 'The Monster'- it's kind of awkward, a better drama than horror movie. Not quite what I was looking for.

Edit:
Just finished 'Hush'- wow, I was surprised- really enjoyed it. Good suspense, done really well. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
f13sig_BEWARE.png

TheReaper666

TheReaper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
I Spit on your grave 2 is stand alone. Different girl but similar story. Part 3 is a direct continuation of part 1 with the same girl and how her life has changef since the events of part 1. I liked part 2 quite a bit, but imo 1 & 3 are better. 3 has some very brutal scenes
  • bewareofbears likes this

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Avoid: All Through The House - Oof - saw this pop up on a few news feeds with glowing recommendations. Well, those people lost all my trust in their taste in horror. 

Your Call: Hush - I got bored. I thought it would have made a great short in an anthology, but hour and a half of a guy chasing down a deaf girl left the filmmakers spreading themselves thin to push the plot forward. Also, the killer takes off his mask way too early. Turns out to be the dorky guy from newsroom. Great, wonderful actor, but not intimidating at all. That director is helming the new Blumhouse take on Halloween - should be interesting. 

Watch: Green Room  - not technically horror, more thriller, but the film has all the right elements to make up for that. Real life situation gone wrong. Actions have real consequences. Injuries are brutal. Scenes are suspenseful. Ending is great. Patrick Stewart as a Neo-Nazi crime lord. What more do you want? 

Watch: Don't Breathe - I avoided this in theaters because of the hype. Wanted everything to cool down and see this with a clear head. Really liked it and was pleasantly surprised by some of the twists it took. Both male characters are annoying but the deaf army vet is a bad ass. If you like Hush, you should really like this. 

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

Check out my upcoming short film NEVER HIKE ALONEhttps://youtu.be/HZZzRf3JPSU

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Yeah Hush wasn't that great! Don't Breathe was good! A really good very underrated film where time is running short is "The Call" it's not horror but very disturbing!
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

TheReaper666

TheReaper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
Oculus or however you spell it was decent, and so was Insidious 3.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

autopsy of jane doe

This is one of those ones where it has high praise from critics that I'm leery of.

Avoid: All Through The House - Oof - saw this pop up on a few news feeds with glowing recommendations. Well, those people lost all my trust in their taste in horror. 

Your Call: Hush - I got bored. I thought it would have made a great short in an anthology, but hour and a half of a guy chasing down a deaf girl left the filmmakers spreading themselves thin to push the plot forward. Also, the killer takes off his mask way too early. Turns out to be the dorky guy from newsroom. Great, wonderful actor, but not intimidating at all. That director is helming the new Blumhouse take on Halloween - should be interesting. 

Watch: Green Room  - not technically horror, more thriller, but the film has all the right elements to make up for that. Real life situation gone wrong. Actions have real consequences. Injuries are brutal. Scenes are suspenseful. Ending is great. Patrick Stewart as a Neo-Nazi crime lord. What more do you want? 

Watch: Don't Breathe - I avoided this in theaters because of the hype. Wanted everything to cool down and see this with a clear head. Really liked it and was pleasantly surprised by some of the twists it took. Both male characters are annoying but the deaf army vet is a bad ass. If you like Hush, you should really like this.

I'm going to give The Green Room a try.

Oculus or however you spell it was decent, and so was Insidious 3.

The Insidious movies were decent. A little hokey but the first half of the first one was pretty good. I found the same with The Conjuring. Starts great, then gets awkward.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

SomebodyFancy

SomebodyFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Loved 10 Cloverfield lane, liked the Shallows and Enjoyed Don't Breathe.
Hated the Darkness. Also expected more from Rob Zombies 31

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
Rob Zombie ALWAYS short stops. Expectations are set so high, than the actual movie is slop. The only time imo that he rised higher was the devil rejects film.

f13sig_MC.png

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

I recently watched trick r treat i loved it bit old now was out in  2007 but a great halloween movie.

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

TheReaper666

TheReaper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
Trick r Treat with Anna Paquin or however you spell it? Good movie. She is great in True Blood also

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Trick r Treat with Anna Paquin or however you spell it? Good movie. She is great in True Blood also

Yep that's the movie I'm speaking of
PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
I recently saw Don't Breathe, did not live up to the hype for me. It was just meh and I really liked Hush. A few tense moments but felt flat. I'm leaning towards Lights Out but hesitant.

SomebodyFancy

SomebodyFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Just watched: Liked: Autopsy of Jane Doe
Disliked: Incarnate

Pothocket

Pothocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

The Final Girls - It's actually a comedy more than a horror movie but I mention it here because the movie is one big love letter to the F13 franchise. It gets a bit sappy at times with the primary story arc but it's still a great movie overall. 

• Gdain and SexDrugs&Tea like this

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
I generally avoid horror comedy. When I was a kid I saw Evil Dead and thought it was amazing, then I saw Army of Darkness and was so let down. They can be fun but I like the horror.

I watched Freddy vs. Jason again last night. I've come to the conclusion it's a Nightmare on Elm Street film and the Jason in it is an Elm Street version and not the Jason from the Friday the 13th films. Kind of like a charicature. I still enjoyed the last 30 minutes and I'm not complaining it was finally made. If I look at it as an Elm Street film it's pretty good.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

SexDrugs&Tea

SexDrugs&Tea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

The Final Girls - It's actually a comedy more than a horror movie but I mention it here because the movie is one big love letter to the F13 franchise. It gets a bit sappy at times with the primary story arc but it's still a great movie overall. 

Absolutely loved The Final Girls, and you're right it isn't exactly horror, there isn't a single scary moment, but I loved the winks to 80s slashers and the originality. I tend to like meta films like this one, or Scream or Cabin in the Woods

Also recently saw The Voices, which I loved. it's not 100% horror, more of a horror-drama with bits of dark comedy. There aren't a lot of kills but psychologically it's pretty creepy and the whole movie has a very trippy feel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users