Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
handzen

Stopping camping phone location with Jason

35 posts in this topic

I have noticed since Jason can see the phones location  he will constantly camp the location. Just wondering if there is a better way to do things that will stop this sort of issue. I did not see any topic in search about this so wondering what others think as well

Jason should have to find the phone location it should not pop up on his map since it is not a "goal" of his to repair it to win. His goal is the counselors so that should be the only focus and help he gets. He should not have double advantage over counselors by seeing where all of their things are as well.

Counselors can see the car .... so that's fair. (Referring to the "double advantage", I assume you meant the car as well.) If Jason cannot see the phone, I think there has to be a tradeoff, since someone usually spawns very close to it. If he cannot stop them then almost every match will end up having the police called first thing. I've suggested that if Jason cannot see the phone, then it should be much harder to repair, thereby avoiding the meta game of teleporting right to the phone and camping it.

CrazyRalph likes this

Im all for more difficulty in repairing the phone...so yeah...taking away Jasons visuals on that and making the phone a few more steps would help. Maybe Jason cannot see the phone location UNTIL someone misses a step or messes up.the his mother would tell him about it.

And just to chime in,

Jason knows the camp like the back of his hand. It'd be disappointed if he -didn't- know where the phone was.

I agree.

Was there actually a problem with Jason camping the phone? It seemed Jason players would check it from time to time, but if Jason put most of his energy into guarding the phone, he's letting people escape in the car. The phone should need more steps I agree, but not at the tradeoff of Jason not seeing it.

IamNoc and Honkytonkgamer like this

Camping the phone box in the beta was a by product of how easy the cop escape was to do.

If the phone was significantly harder to pin down than Jason wouldn't feel obliged to camp it.

Also if the boat escape is added WITH the 2 cars and the phone it will make camping all escape routes basically impossible.

Counselors can see the car .... so that's fair. (Referring to the "double advantage", I assume you meant the car as well.) If Jason cannot see the phone, I think there has to be a tradeoff, since someone usually spawns very close to it. If he cannot stop them then almost every match will end up having the police called first thing. I've suggested that if Jason cannot see the phone, then it should be much harder to repair, thereby avoiding the meta game of teleporting right to the phone and camping it.

when you assume..... you make an  ... out of u  and me.  no  just talking about the phone as the thread states

I think that no one should be able to see the phone. When I was playing I swear that I didn't see it on the map. I don't know how I didn't see it. I could see the car but no phone. I kept running around looking for some sort of clue to where it was. It made it a lot more challenging.

Then escape by boat or car.

Not that difficult.

We have THREE ways of escaping, four if you count surviving.  And in all likelyhood one of you will die... So it serves to ZERO advantage for Jason camping just one location of interest.

If he camps the phone, there's still the car and the boat.

He camps the boat, there's still the phone and the car.

He camps the car, there's still the phone and the boat.

If he's camping one means of escape, go find another.  That's the whole point.  And as I recall, there are not three Jasons present in this game... So how is camping an issue?

EVEN IF the boat and the car are both gone and Jason is still camping the phone... Hide.  Wait until the match ends.  The match ends in your favor... so there's literally no advantages to Jason guarding the phone; all odds are stacked against him if he does.  Idk how this was projected into an issue; it's not really an issue, the game itself negates it becoming one.

IamNoc likes this

Everyone automatically morphs to the phone. Its the first thing Jason players do.

BAKA I never morph right to the phone

I morphed to Blairs cove or Stillwater 1st than I would go check on the phone if you morph to them they would think the phone must be there since you morphed there 1st so what you said is a lie not everybody does Morph right to the phone

Okay you are ONE of the few who dont. What I said isnt a lie its a generalized statement. I swear sometimes the way you think and the stuff you say makes me feel like im talking to a child.

Heres the thing. As Jason you can see cars moving on the map. You can stop them even once theyve been repaired. Once the phone call is made theres nothing you can do about it aside from camping the exit once the cops get there. Cars are important to stop repairs on but Id say less than the phone. When I was Jason my first priority was to stop them from calling police. As a counselor, depending on where I spawned, the first thing I tried to do was get that call in.

Okay you are ONE of the few who dont. What I said isnt a lie its a generalized statement. I swear sometimes the way you think and the stuff you say makes me feel like im talking to a child.

Woah dude, there's no need for that.

Tools for the phone repair would be a nice extra step to make the phone that bit harder to repair.

That said, Jason should be able to smash the face of the meddler repairing the phone box right into the electrical circuits ????

Gdain likes this

Didnt really say anything offensive @resolution. Just stated how responding makes ME FEEL. Didnt call him a child, nor that he talked or acted like a child...just how it makes me feel. Just saying. Just like how you said how you text makes people THINK your mad, when in fact your really not. Noone should get mad at you for that.

Didnt really say anything offensive @resolution. Just stated how responding makes ME FEEL. Didnt call him a child, nor that he talked or acted like a child...just how it makes me feel. Just saying. Just like how you said how you text makes people THINK your mad, when in fact your really not. Noone should get mad at you for that.

I never suggested nobody had a right to get mad at me for it.  I even apologized for it.  Something you seem to forget and currently lacking.

My bluntness had more to do with social immaturity rather than feelings.  Ignorance of proper rules of social behaviors.  Don't you go using it as an excuse to treat people poorly and justify it.

Lol your a funny guy. And btw...you DID try to justify your typing as to why it came out sounding harsh. YOU even said "its the way I am" lol. How about you just avoid me and I avoid you? This happens way too often between us. Lets just do this before one of these days a mod bans you or I for this. Its bound to escalate and happen.

handzen likes this

I would never camp at the phone. That's boring. I'd wait till someone screwed up and I would morph there then.

When I didn't morph to the phone, things didn't end well for me... I think I got one kill that match.

I'd agree with the person who says you can morph there once somebody fails the mini-game.

CrazyRalph likes this

I would never camp at the phone. That's boring. I'd wait till someone screwed up and I would morph there then.

When I didn't morph to the phone, things didn't end well for me... I think I got one kill that match.

I'd agree with the person who says you can morph there once somebody fails the mini-game.

While you wait for someone (*cough* Vanessa) to mess up, one of the smarter characters will have already fixed it and the cops will be on their way within a minute of gameplay.

Camping is boring, but I always checked the phone first to see if anyone was about since there's a high chance someone has spawned nearby. It's also good to help scare people away from that location and make them think you're gonna camp around and then catch up with them elsewhere.

Lol your a funny guy. And btw...you DID try to justify your typing as to why it came out sounding harsh. YOU even said "its the way I am" lol. How about you just avoid me and I avoid you? This happens way too often between us. Lets just do this before one of these days a mod bans you or I for this. Its bound to escalate and happen.

I didn't justify it; I gave a reason for it.  There's a big difference.   I never said it was okay for me to do that; that's why I APOLOGIZED for it.

You don't seem to get that.  And after blatantly:

A ) Calling someone childish

B ) Admitting you did so and try to make it okay

C ) Never apologized for it  and instead tried to make it seem like it was no big deal.

Expect me to just not say anything when this happens?  Nah.

I may be oblivious to what I say much of the time, but I do not say these things on purpose and if I'm called out on it I apologize and try to make amends and try to be more careful.  That's what you have to do when you have damn Aspergers Syndrome.  But I'm not going to other threads and bringing drama from a previous one that is nobody else's fault and using it as bait.  And even if you meant that sincerely to someone else, that's a horrible thing to say to someone you hardly know even if you don't like them.

Now you're pissing me off.  I'm not going to drag an apology out of you but I'm not gonna apologize for calling you out either.  I'm sorry if my words in previous threads hurt your feelings but honestly nobody else deserves to be dragged into it.

What the hell does aspergers syndrome (if you have it and are trying to use that as an excuse for any of YOUR behaviors or others,and obviously your sensitive or offended by me,how do you not know I have any disease or syndrome?) have to do with anything? Im not going to apologize for anything I dont feel sorry for. Your "A" ...pay attention. I never called anyone childish. GO BACK AND READ IT. I said talking to him MAKES ME feel like im talking to a child. If it makes me feel that way, it does. "B" I act like its okay because to me...its ok. "C" see response about apology. See...Ive tried to end this piece of discussion with you yet you keep picking. I havent brought any drama from previous threads...in fact im trying to squash it. Cant tell me IM WRONG for replying how someone makes me feel. Especially when they REPLY to me or make a statement at me first. You didnt hurt my feelings dude what the hell are you talking about? Im not going to get bent out of shape in no way from dudes typed words that I dont know off the internet...never. And pissing you off...what does that mean? What are you going to do? Should I be afraid because I know your pissed off? Lol