Photo

Rank the films from favourite to least favourite (Friday the 13th)

friday the 13th

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationUnited States

4, 5, 3, 2, 1, 6, FvJ, Remake, 7, 8, X, 9

7-X are all total absolute hog crap as far as I'm concerned, but JGTH takes it to a new level of awful.

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Having the remake as number one is surprising but the rest are pretty normal.

My favourite movies are ones I can watch more than once in a year and I don't think I could sit through the remake more than once this year... it just feels really fake, like the first set of breasts in the film. Something just wasn't right.

Yeah, the remake doesn't seem to get a lot of love on this site. I thought it reinvented the character very well, and it took things back to the original where I think the series was at it's best. I'm kind of annoyed that it didn't get sequels. 

As far as sitting through them, the remake is one I could. Part 2 really doesn't feel like a long film at all. Six is fun and fast paced. Those are about the only ones I would do often. 

As it stands I watch 2-4 and 6 every couple of years. 

• Survival likes this

JasonVsWindows

JasonVsWindows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  1. Part 6
  2. Part 4
  3. Part 5 (Tommy is a badass and I like Roy)
  4. Part 3
  5. Part 2
  6. Part 1
  7. FVJ (I know it has problems but ***damn I love this movie)
  8. Part 7 (cenership kills this movie for me) 
  9. Part 8 (has some great moments but makes little sense and feels pretty dumb)
  10. Remake (Its ok but it felt a little bland when I re-watched it)
  11. Jason X (should not exist but it has its movements)

(dishonorable mention)Jason goes to Hell (**** this movie...)

• SHODANFreeman likes this

200_s.gif#26

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationUnited States

1. Part 6
  2. Part 4
  3. Part 5 (Tommy is a badass and I like Roy)
  4. Part 3
  5. Part 2
  6. Part 1
  7. FVJ (I know it has problems but ***damn I love this movie)
  8. Part 7 (cenership kills this movie for me) 
  9. Part 8 (has some great moments but makes little sense and fells pretty dumb)
  10. Remake (Its ok but it felt a little bland when I re-watched it)
  11. Jason X (should not exist but it has its movements)

(dishonorable mention)Jason goes to Hell (**** this movie...)

Man, your list is really close to mine.  Weird.

BlitzDave

BlitzDave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

1. Part 3 (donĀ“t know why but i simply love this movie)

2. Part 6 : Jason Lives (really liked Tommy in this one + first time we see Zombie-Jason)

3. Part 2 (first killing spree of Jason + i like Sackhead Jason the most)

4. Part 1

5. Part 4: The Final Chapter

6. Part 7: The New Blood (didn't like Tina but unmasked Jason is epic)

7. Jason X (it's not a great movie but i had lots of fun watching it)

8. Freddy vs. Jason

9. Part 5 : A New Beginning (the deaths in Part 5 just feel cutted(?) to me)

10. Jason Goes To Hell (only reasons for it not beeing the last on my list are the nightmare and evil dead references)

11. Part 8 : Jason Takes Manhattan (it had a few good moments but all in all it just felt too generic to me)

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Yeah, the remake doesn't seem to get a lot of love on this site. I thought it reinvented the character very well, and it took things back to the original where I think the series was at it's best. I'm kind of annoyed that it didn't get sequels. 

As far as sitting through them, the remake is one I could. Part 2 really doesn't feel like a long film at all. Six is fun and fast paced. Those are about the only ones I would do often. 

As it stands I watch 2-4 and 6 every couple of years.

Makes sense. It just felt oddly paced for me- the movie has three beginnings: Pamela's beheading, then the pothead group camping and finally the main group so it feels like it takes forever to get rolling. I'm not a big fan of the tunnels either. Was Jason providing feminine hygiene products for the girl he kept chained up? I really didn't enjoy anything that had to do with the pervy pothead in the barn- he made me cringe in a bad way. Throw in the random Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake actors as well.

On the positive, Derek Mears was a beast.

With all that said, Part 8 is my favourite and the list for issues with Part 8 is even more massive than the remake.

Jason is kind of like Batman in that everyone has their own favourite version.
  • Risinggrave likes this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Top three, just in release order not preference, would be 2, 3 and 6.

2 and 6 I think are genuinely good, while 3 has weaknesses but the entire last 15 mins or so for the climax is fantastic.

Bottom three...probably 5, 8 and JGTH. Think I'd easily pick watching 8 over the other two, if given the chioce between them.

5 I find aggressivly irritating (so many jerkass characters), JGTH just aggressivly stupid. Tough to pick.

Poetic_Injustice

Poetic_Injustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCanada, EH?
12. Friday the 13th Part 9 Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
11. Friday the 13th Part 8 Jason takes Manhattan
10. Friday the 13th Part 11 Freddy vs Jason 
9. Friday the 13th Part 5 A new Beginning
8. Friday the 13th Part 10 Jason X
7. Friday the 13th Part 3 In 3D
6. Friday the 13th Part 1 The Original
5. Friday the 13th Part 2 The Sequal
4. Friday the 13th Part 12 Reboot 2009
3. Friday the 13th Part 7 The New Blood
2. Friday the 13th Part 4 the last chapter
1. Friday the 13th Part 6 Jason Lives

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Makes sense. It just felt oddly paced for me- the movie has three beginnings: Pamela's beheading, then the pothead group camping and finally the main group so it feels like it takes forever to get rolling. I'm not a big fan of the tunnels either. Was Jason providing feminine hygiene products for the girl he kept chained up? I really didn't enjoy anything that had to do with the pervy pothead in the barn- he made me cringe in a bad way. Throw in the random Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake actors as well.

On the positive, Derek Mears was a beast.

With all that said, Part 8 is my favourite and the list for issues with Part 8 is even more massive than the remake.

Jason is kind of like Batman in that everyone has their own favourite version.

Damnit, this slipped past the radar. 

Maybe it's because of comics where everything gets rebooted and all that, or maybe it's because I liked the feel of a sequence where plot didn't work against our antihero. Pam dying was just to show motivation. The baghead sequence was "a day in the life." No final girl shenanigans. This is what happens when people cross paths with Jason, then the usual paint by number where the heroes have to win (depending on your view of the final scene)  I didn't feel like the movie took long to get going, but maybe that is because I'm so used to the first third of a standard slasher film being small talk and false starts.

I liked the tunnels, though I didn't need them. It helped logically explain how Jason stays hidden and also helps ease the "teleportation shenanigans." As far as his captives and their needs, I bet most die in a relatively short time. Jason then tosses the body and goes back to defending his home/looking for surrogate mom. 

As far as perv pothead guy, I wish they had done the alternate scene with him. iirc he lost his head. Jason didn't take this big swing to only cut his throat a bit. Yeah, he had it coming. I didn't have any issues with the actors, per' se, and that dickhead who owned the cabin may as well be Chad from the game in flesh. 

Agreed, Mears was a good Jason. Much better then Kirzinger in FVJ. 

I liked part 8 for what it was. It was the first one I saw in theater. (drive in if we're being technical.) But lots of stuff drop it for me. Crystal lake attaching to the ocean, Jason's history with Rennie, etc. Good film but the ending and some of it's logic really hurt it for me. 

Agreed on Jason and Bats. For the record, I seem to prefer human Jason to zombie and street level, fights with clowns and crime boss Batman compared to fights with Superman and the Flash, yet still can't defeat a clown Batman.. 

The Razor's Edge

The Razor's Edge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationTennessee

1) Part IV: The Final Chapter
2) Part VI: Jason Lives
3) Part II
4) Part VII: The New Blood
5) Friday the 13th (1980)
6) Friday the 13th (2009)
7) Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
8) Part III
9) Jason Goes to Hell
10) Freddy vs Jason
11) Jason X
12) Part V: A New Beginning

PSN: TheRazorsEdge22

f13sig_MM.jpg

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Not a bad list, Razor. I think V is a bit better then your placement, but it seems we both think 2, 4, and 6 are solid entries. 

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I just went through and assigned points based on the ranks everyone gave each film with 11 points to first place, 10 to second, down to 0 points for the last film (or any that weren't listed)

Here are the results/rankings so far:

Part 4: 151 points

Part 6: 149 points

Part 2: 138 points

Part 3: 131 points

Part 1: 127 points

Part 7: 112 points

Part 8: 76 points

Part 5: 73 points

Remake: 57 points

FvJ: 41 points

Jason X: 37 points

JGTH: 25 points

So I guess if this is anyone's order, you win?

• DamonD7, bewareofbears and Risinggrave like this

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationU.S.

I just went through and assigned points based on the ranks everyone gave each film with 11 points to first place, 10 to second, down to 0 points for the last film (or any that weren't listed)

Here are the results/rankings so far:

Part 4: 151 points

Part 6: 149 points

Part 2: 138 points

Part 3: 131 points

Part 1: 127 points

Part 7: 112 points

Part 8: 76 points

Part 5: 73 points

Remake: 57 points

FvJ: 41 points

Jason X: 37 points

JGTH: 25 points

So I guess if this is anyone's order, you win?

Damn. My love of 2009 screwed me out of the gold. Can I have a participation trophy? 

On a more serious note, the averages are not bad in my opinion. 2, 4, and 6 are my picks for strongest of the franchise. It's cool that the community more or less agrees. 

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Nice work!

For the sake of completion, I've though about and put together a full list to replace my three best/worst previously. If you feel like adjusting your figures.

1st - Part VI: Jason Lives
2nd - Part 2
3rd - Part 3
4th - Part IV: The Final Chapter
5th - Part 1
6th - Part VII: The New Blood
7th - Jason X
8th - Freddy vs Jason
9th - Friday 2009
10th - Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
11th - Jason Goes to Hell
12th - Part V: A New Beginning