Photo

Rank the films from favourite to least favourite (Friday the 13th)

friday the 13th

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Not enough to read lately so...

Rank the films from your favourite to least favourite- this isn't about which films you think were the best or made the best but simply what your favourites are from best to worst.
  • The Phanthom Nico likes this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
7,4,6,1,2,3,5,8,X,9.

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationChile
  1. Part VI: Jason lives
  2. Part IV: The final chapter
  3. Part II
  4. Part III 3D
  5. Remake
  6. Part I
  7. Part VII: the new blood
  8. Freddy vs Jason
  9. Jason X
  10. Takes Manhattan
  11. A new Begining
  12. Jason goes to hell :)

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
1-part 6
2-part 4
3-part 3
4-part 7
5-part 5
6-part 2
7-part 8
8-part 1
9-remake
10-fvsj
11-jgth part 9
12-jason x

f13sig_MC.png

SexDrugs&Tea

SexDrugs&Tea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

1. Part I.

2. Part III.

3. Part IV : The Final chapter.

4. Part II.

5. Part VI : Jason Lives.

6. Part VII : The New Blood.

7. Jason X.

8. Jason Goes To Hell.

9. Jason Takes Manhattan.

10. Part V : A New Beginning.

I prefer Pamela over Jason, even though I love Jason, then I prefer the classics over the more recent ones. After that I ranked Jason X in seventh place because to me it's enjoyably bad and didn't take itself too seriously, then Jason Goes to Hell which to me is a fun horror movie, although it doesn't have that F13th feel. Jason Takes Manhattan is 9th because they didn't use New York like they should have and I despised the Final Girl and every single character except Eva and finally Part 5.

I put it last because I didn't like the fact they tried to put a kid in again to replicate Part 4 Tommy, I didn't like the Final Girl, Joey made me twitch and I think I would've sliced him open with an axe too, Roy was a really boring copycat with a boring reveal (oh hey it wasn't Jason, it was this paramedic we saw once at the beginning. He was the retard's estranged father! Uummmm? Okay..). No amount of Violet dancing could save it for me.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
Reggie the Reckless fookin rules foo!
  • Risinggrave likes this

f13sig_MC.png

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Some nice lists- some consistent ones at the bottom. I'm about to screw that up.

1. Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan
2: Part 1
3: Part 7: New Blood
4: Part IV: The Final Chapter
5: Part 2
6: Part 3
7: Part 5: A New Beginning
8: Freddy vs. Jason
9: Part VI: Jason Lives
10: Jason X
11: The Remake
12: Jason Goes to Hell

I should say I like them all though- the only one I cringe watching is Jason Goes to Hell.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Pretty sure theres already a topic for this but its most likely buried in the forum due to no one commenting on it for a long time

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Pretty sure theres already a topic for this but its most likely buried in the forum due to no one commenting on it for a long time

I did a search but couldn't find one, I assumed there was one already myself.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

I did a search but couldn't find one, I assumed there was one already myself.

yeah im sure i seen it before maybe too many posts for it to come up on first page when searching

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

yeah im sure i seen it before maybe too many posts for it to come up on first page when searching

Found it: http://forum.f13game...-movie/?hl=rank

If a mod sees this maybe they can merge them.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Found it: http://forum.f13game...-movie/?hl=rank

If a mod sees this maybe they can merge them.

They will either merge or lock this one usually the case when they find repeated threads

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

1. Jason Lives - The Conclusion of the Jarvis Saga, actual kids at the campsite, Sheriff Garris, his daughter, Tommy and his demons, the birth of zombie Jason

2. The Final Chapter - The beginning of the Jarvis Saga, the end of Human Jason

3. A New Blood - A new player in Tina, a cowardly asshole in Dr. Crews, the best looking Jason, one of the best final battles in the series

4. Friday the 13th - The original, the classic that started it all, Pamela was only in it for a short while, but she delivered

5. Part 3 - The Iconic Hockey Mask, the series got in its groove with this entry

6. Jason Takes Manhattan - The last of the Paramount films, but still very entertaining for me

7. A New Beginning - Ballsy entry actually, much like Halloween 3

8. Part 2 - I'm in the vocal minority in feeling like Part 2 was incredibly boring with a few standout moments

Drop

F13 Remake - It took reassociation with Paramount for the series to get back to its roots, this was a hybrid style Jason of the earlier entries, running around, like a hunter, all the while having some supernatural like strength. A lot of people felt like Jason was too smart or too much a boy scout in this film, but to me I felt it made sense. If he lived out there all those years, there is a chance he would become accustom to his surroundings.

Steep Drop

Freddy vs Jason - Messed with the canon too much in order to make Freddy the greater of the two evils and Jason the more sympathetic, but the final battle was entertaining.

JGTH and JX - JGTH I can at least watch and enjoy when the actual Jason is on screen. JX I won't ever watch again I feel.

• CrazyRalph likes this

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

HappyCampy

HappyCampy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUK

1. Part 3

2. Part 2

3. Part 1

4. The New Blood

5. Jason Takes Manhatten

6. Freddy VS Jason

7. The Final Chapter

8. Jason Lives

9. A New Beginning

10. The Remake

11. Jason X

12. Jason Goes to Hell

14350-b.png

Darker

Darker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

#1: The original due to being a legitimately scary movie.

#2: Parts VI & VII share the same spot for the entertainment value and because Jason is definetely at his best here.

#3: Part II because potato bagmask Jason doesn't get enough credit.

#4: Parts III & IV because human Jason rocks.

#5: Remake because it's at least bearable and has a few good things about it unlike most horror remakes.

#6: Part VIII because it's definetely the most enjoyable out of the four bad ones.

#7: X has Über-Jason and a few more cool scenes with Jason, but that's it.

#8: FvJ treats our beloved Mr Voorhees like a punk, but he has a few cool scenes at least.

#9: IX... Do I even need to say anything? WE BARELY EVEN SEE JASON TO BEGIN WITH.

The King of the Monsters

0012450051.jpg

"When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

1: Jason takes Manhattan - Liked the lake, boat and Manhattan setting, enjoyed the characters, my favourite Jason look amongst other things

2: Part 2 - Liked the atmosphere and features my favourite chase sequence of the franchise, Ginny is an excellent character.

3: The Final Chapter - The most atmospheric of the series, kills are brutal.

4: Part 1 - Creepy air about it. Has all my favourite Manfredini music.

5: Jason Lives - Jason Lives and Part 3 are interchangeable really. Took the series in a new direction, and did it well. A very well made film.

6: Part 3 - A lot I like abou it, but Jason Lives just takes 5th spot narrowly.

7: The New Blood - Has grown on me over time, but never used to like the telekinesis thing or Jason's look (shock horror!) - these days I think it's a solid entry.

8: A New Beginning - Never used to like it, but has grown on me over time - it has that classic Friday feel.

9: Jason goes to Hell - I don't mind it these days. 

10: Freddy Vs Jason - Jason was too much like Frankenstein. I loved it on release, but not so much anymore.

11: Jason X - Cheesefest, find it hard to sit through.

12: Reboot - Jason isn't an electrician and doesn't take hostages. Too different to everything that came before. Not a remake kind of guy in general. 

• bewareofbears likes this

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

lVlatman

lVlatman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationForest Green
6, 3, 2, 4, 5, 1, 8, 10, 7, 9

Survival

Survival

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

1) Part 2

2) Jason Lives

3) Part 1

4) Part 3

5) Part 4

6) Jason goes to Hell

7) The Remake

8) Part 5

9) Part 7

10) Part 8

11) Jason X

Horror has many faces.

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Oh, man. I'm gonna get hate mail. 

Friday the 13th (reboot) It took the best of the first four original films and made it work. 

Friday the 13th Part 4. Jason is legit scary here. 

Friday the 13th Part 2. It's a simple and entertaining film. And had it been stand alone, the bad guy wins. 

Friday the 13th Part 6. Entertaining and fun. Just goofy enough that it boosts replay factor. 

Friday the 13th Part 3. My absolute favorite end sequence. The hanging, the axe to the head. I remember peeking out from behind a chair to watch this and the following daylight sequence as a kid. If the movie as a whole would have been as good, It would be number 1. 

Friday the 13th Part 7. Best looking Jason. Cool superhero final girl. Had the MPAA not hacked it apart it would be in the top few slots. 

Friday the 13th Part 5 For being a cheat film, it's still one of the darkest feeling ones of the series. 

Friday the 13th Part 8. Jason taking Manhattan is another cheat. It's not a bad film it just loses points for misleading, the consfusion brought up by Rennie's kid Jason bullshit, and that dumb as balls ending. 

Friday the 13th The original. It's sort of boring and the final fight was weak. It didn't do much for me. 

Jason X. Fun and goofy. Too much so for the F13 franchise. 

Freddy Vs Jason. Hate Jason's look, and it feels like Scooby Doo and the gang vs slashers. I really liked the intro and it was downhill from there. The fight was not terribly good either. 

JgtH. Might have been a good horror movie. It however was a terrible Friday the 13th movie. I remember thinking how cool the intro was, then how fucked over I felt after watching the rest. Waste of a cool Jason look. 

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Having the remake as number one is surprising but the rest are pretty normal.

My favourite movies are ones I can watch more than once in a year and I don't think I could sit through the remake more than once this year... it just feels really fake, like the first set of breasts in the film. Something just wasn't right.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: friday the 13th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users