Photo

Maps

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Poll: Not enough Maps (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Need more then 3 maps

1. yes (62 votes [79.49%])

Percentage of vote: 79.49%

2. no (16 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Plox

Plox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

It makes the most sense to me to release some stuff for free every now and then to show the gaming community that you are a good company who is interesting in improving their game post-release (which will lead to more sales for the game itself and for future titles they decide to release).

If you want to do something above and beyond all that, the best way to go about it would be to release an expansion pack with a bunch of additional content. Imo.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I getcha.

My concern is really to continuity of the game above all else. I know it's gotta be funded somehow.

Maybe they already have plans/ideas on how to do that which none of us have thought of? Who knows.

For now, I'll be happy with whatever is in game to start when it comes out.

They don't need to make money on subscriptions alone.

You gotta remember; yes they gotta make money but they also need to keep customers happy.  Sure many people here on the forum would admit to buying almost everything they have, but they need to make things affordable.

The life of the game is required to coincide with the financial aspect.  Because you cannot make money for long if you force people to continue to empty their pockets for you without something to keep people engaged.

That's why the Subscription idea isn't meant for games like this.  You're paying to play a game that isn't large enough to render that justifiable and won't be as consistantly updated as MMOs.

However, we don't want to pull Call of Duty and have map packs to separate playerbase.  It's basically having people pay to play with their friends.  That doesn't do a small Indie company like this justice, in fact it would hurt their rep and the rep for this game.  So selling maps is off the table, especially considering there are only three thus far.

It would come down to future payable DLC.

What I would do is have Jasons and Maps be free generally speaking.  (I would let Uber Jason be sold since many don't really wanna see him but many do so it splits it up so only people who really want Uber Jason will play as him by purchasing him, I would say for the same price as Savini's Jason)

I would focus a lot of the main continuous financial flow to make up for this in Cosmetics, mainly counselors, and have them in packs that fit all counselors or individually sold.  Another thing I would sell occasionally would be more weapons for Jasons that are already in the game, weapons that didn't make it in the game.  I would make that a decent hunk of money.  Not all of them, but a select few.

__

So lets say we want a new weapon for a Jason; a Hammer, for the purposes of this example.

It would first specify which Jason types can use the Hammer.  Part 2, 3, 6, and 8.  With each Jason, they get it's several kills along with one unique kill for each Jason that uses it.

I would set the default price at $0.99, and for every Jason character that gets to use it, the price increases by one dollar.  So if those four Jasons can use the Hammer, the price of the hammer would be $4.99 (excluding tax).  If it's a weapon usable by just one Jason, its $1.99.

But lets say you want to purchase the weapon for just Part 2.  Well, we can make that happen.  If you wanna purchase the Hammer for just Part 2 and not 3, 6, and 8, you save money.  You only have to pay $1.99, because if you play Part 2 religiously and won't touch 3, 6, or 8, then that'd be fair to not have the person pay more for just one weapon, thus you make it more available to people.

Hammer for one Jason: $1.99

Hammer for all four Jasons: $4.99

Now lets use another example... Bonesaw, maybe.

All the Jasons in the game currently can use the Bonesaw.

So the price of the Bonesaw would be $7.99.

But if you wanna buy it for just one Jason, it'd be $1.99.

And we do this with every weapon added for Jasons already in the game.  Of course this can be coincided with the occasional free weapon, but overall I see no reason not to do this. 

Waddya think?

• DialM likes this

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

They don't need to make money on subscriptions alone.

You gotta remember; yes they gotta make money but they also need to keep customers happy.  Sure many people here on the forum would admit to buying almost everything they have, but they need to make things affordable.

The life of the game is required to coincide with the financial aspect.  Because you cannot make money for long if you force people to continue to empty their pockets for you without something to keep people engaged.

That's why the Subscription idea isn't meant for games like this.  You're paying to play a game that isn't large enough to render that justifiable and won't be as consistantly updated as MMOs.

However, we don't want to pull Call of Duty and have map packs to separate playerbase.  It's basically having people pay to play with their friends.  That doesn't do a small Indie company like this justice, in fact it would hurt their rep and the rep for this game.  So selling maps is off the table, especially considering there are only three thus far.

It would come down to future payable DLC.

What I would do is have Jasons and Maps be free generally speaking.  (I would let Uber Jason be sold since many don't really wanna see him but many do so it splits it up so only people who really want Uber Jason will play as him by purchasing him, I would say for the same price as Savini's Jason)

I would focus a lot of the main continuous financial flow to make up for this in Cosmetics, mainly counselors, and have them in packs that fit all counselors or individually sold.  Another thing I would sell occasionally would be more weapons for Jasons that are already in the game, weapons that didn't make it in the game.  I would make that a decent hunk of money.  Not all of them, but a select few.

__

So lets say we want a new weapon for a Jason; a Hammer, for the purposes of this example.

It would first specify which Jason types can use the Hammer.  Part 2, 3, 6, and 8.  With each Jason, they get it's several kills along with one unique kill for each Jason that uses it.

I would set the default price at $0.99, and for every Jason character that gets to use it, the price increases by one dollar.  So if those four Jasons can use the Hammer, the price of the hammer would be $4.99 (excluding tax).  If it's a weapon usable by just one Jason, its $1.99.

But lets say you want to purchase the weapon for just Part 2.  Well, we can make that happen.  If you wanna purchase the Hammer for just Part 2 and not 3, 6, and 8, you save money.  You only have to pay $1.99, because if you play Part 2 religiously and won't touch 3, 6, or 8, then that'd be fair to not have the person pay more for just one weapon, thus you make it more available to people.

Hammer for one Jason: $1.99

Hammer for all four Jasons: $4.99

Now lets use another example... Bonesaw, maybe.

All the Jasons in the game currently can use the Bonesaw.

So the price of the Bonesaw would be $7.99.

But if you wanna buy it for just one Jason, it'd be $1.99.

And we do this with every weapon added for Jasons already in the game.  Of course this can be coincided with the occasional free weapon, but overall I see no reason not to do this. 

Waddya think?

i think jasons should cost money personally they're one of the main appeals for the game so i dont see why they wouldnt

• The Phanthom Nico likes this

tumblr_oj0jj7ttFT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif 

I'm about as stupid as most people online but not as stupid as this gif 

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

i think jasons should cost money personally they're one of the main appeals for the game so i dont see why they wouldnt

There aren't many Jasons left.  And it is because they're one of the main appeals is why I don't think they should be sold.

Produces longevity in the base game.  That's important.  You'd wanna make the free content extend the game's life as much as you can; everything secondary, cosmetics for example, should follow suit with possible micro-transactions.

When particular characters or maps are locked behind a paywall, you lock it's longevity behind a paywall.  That doesn't sit well, especially with indie companies.

Blizzard made that smart move with Overwatch.

Primary: Characters (Counselor and Jason), Maps, Singleplayer Missions, New Gameplay Content.

Secondary: Cosmetics, Weapons, anything not affecting how the game is played or affecting XP development

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

There aren't many Jasons left.  And it is because they're one of the main appeals is why I don't think they should be sold.

Produces longevity in the base game.  That's important.  You'd wanna make the free content extend the game's life as much as you can; everything secondary, cosmetics for example, should follow suit with possible micro-transactions.

When particular characters or maps are locked behind a paywall, you lock it's longevity behind a paywall.  That doesn't sit well, especially with indie companies.

Blizzard made that smart move with Overwatch.

Primary: Characters (Counselor and Jason), Maps, Singleplayer Missions, New Gameplay Content.

Secondary: Cosmetics, Weapons, anything not affecting how the game is played or affecting XP development

i still think the ones that arent quite like the rest should cost money

Examples i have for these being

Roy Uber Pamela Nes and anymore original ones they have

(on the subject me and guys in the discord had some ideas for other ones to add that i shall add to the list)

Hallucination Jason from part 5           Hallucination Pamela from part 3

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

i still think the ones that arent quite like the rest should cost money

Examples i have for these being

Roy Uber Pamela Nes and anymore original ones they have

(on the subject me and guys in the discord had some ideas for other ones to add that i shall add to the list)

Hallucination Jason from part 5           Hallucination Pamela from part 3

I definitely think Uber should be sold.  It restricts the usage only to those who REALLY want him since his existence can cause tension.

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

I definitely think Uber should be sold.  It restricts the usage only to those who REALLY want him since his existence can cause tension.

so we kinda agree the less normal jasons and people who arent jason should be dlc leaving 4 and x to be free

Poetic_Injustice

Poetic_Injustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCanada, EH?

personally i don't really care whether they have the rest of the jasons as a dlc or not, as long as they look great and it isn't overly expensive, i'll buy it, personally a weapon dlc just alone wouldn't get much people to buy it, so it would be cool for a dlc to have a whole bunch of stuff in one like:

Jason X Pack:

-Jason X (Original)

-Uber Jason

-Space station map

-Weapons (Maybe chain etc.)

-New kills (liquid nitrogen kill, etc.)
-Jason X clothing palate 

It seems like a lot but it could be a really cool dlc in the future.

• Splatterhouse likes this

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationChile

personally i don't really care whether they have the rest of the jasons as a dlc or not, as long as they look great and it isn't overly expensive, i'll buy it, personally a weapon dlc just alone wouldn't get much people to buy it, so it would be cool for a dlc to have a whole bunch of stuff in one like:

Jason X Pack:

-Jason X (Original)

-Uber Jason

-Space station map

-Weapons (Maybe chain etc.)

-New kills (liquid nitrogen kill, etc.)
-Jason X clothing palate 

It seems like a lot but it could be a really cool dlc in the future.

no dlc map please xD

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationChile
I think all of Jason's designs should be paid for. They will have their strengths and weaknesses like the rest, and they should not have any advantage over someone who does not hit. It is mainly aesthetic, and would not divide the community. Weapons, clothes, all that to buy. Maps? I think no.

Although of course, if they decide to put some Jasons for free I will not complain xD

Poetic_Injustice

Poetic_Injustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCanada, EH?

I think all of Jason's designs should be paid for. They will have their strengths and weaknesses like the rest, and they should not have any advantage over someone who does not hit. It is mainly aesthetic, and would not divide the community. Weapons, clothes, all that to buy. Maps? I think no.

Although of course, if they decide to put some Jasons for free I will not complain xD

I don't mind it really, i'm not a rich dude but when it comes to F13 i'd buy anything that would help refresh the game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users